Hybrid View

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    In contrary to IEE, who's full with energy, always and everywhere.
    Huh???
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    Huh???
    You must be able to realise this general trend in your interaction with your ISTp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    You must be able to realise this general trend in your interaction with your ISTp
    Perhaps generally with my husband, but not, as the quote said, "always and everywhere".
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Creepy-Cyclops

Perhaps generally with my husband, but not, as the quote said, "always and everywhere".
    Why not always and everywhere? An ENFp will always be more these things in comparison to an ISTp. That's socionics. Use the four dichotomies, type descriptions, reinin dichotomies, functions, your own experience of observations and you will see that it is the case. People round here try to blend these things into one generalisation, and seem to ignore the actual information before them.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not always and everywhere? An ENFp will always be more these things in comparison to an ISTp. That's socionics. Use the four dichotomies, type descriptions, reinin dichotomies, functions, your own experience of observations and you will see that it is the case. People round here try to blend these things into one generalisation, and seem to ignore the actual information before them.
    Nobody is always anything. Yes I am those things *in comparison to an ISTp* but not "always and everywhere", which is what was said.
    -Mark Twain

Creepy-Cyclops

Nobody is always anything. Yes I am those things *in comparison to an ISTp* but not "always and everywhere", which is what was said.
    Then you are choosing to ignore socionics and your own observation(s). In overall behaviour a person will demonstrate the differences between extraverts and introverts. And you mentioned earlier you were following socionics in regards to model A statement. What information do you wish to use?

The difference between ENFp and INFp is apparent this way. They have a different focus and energy levels and the differences are observed as manifested by what Jarno said. IEE's always have more energy in comparison to an INFp.

Edit: Mimosa is trying to understand the differences in the types and the temperaments, and you are only confusing things.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then you are choosing to ignore socionics and your own observation(s). In overall behaviour a person will demonstrate the differences between extraverts and introverts. And you mentioned earlier you were following socionics in regards to model A statement. What information do you wish to use?

The difference between ENFp and INFp is apparent this way. They have a different focus and energy levels and the differences are observed as manifested by what Jarno said. IEE's always have more energy in comparison to an INFp.
    Yes but she isn't comparing herself to someone else. She's looking just at herself. That isn't useful at all for typing. If you say that IEEs are full of energy "always and everywhere", that is not a statement of comparison.
    -Mark Twain

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Take it easy. I'm not that easily distracted. And I'll not fall into any trap of typing myself through elements.

However, SlackerMom is the first IEE who has commented on my type, so I really, really appreciate her input.

Please continue in your own way SM!
    I am taking it easy, I was going to post myself in order to look to identify your correct typing, but it seems Phaedrus is doing OK with that on his own. I decided to query SM on something she didn't agree on, that was correct. I've observed threads disintegrate into confusion over certain things before, and it's useful to query and clarify for that purpose, for you, for me or whoever else is reading, or for other similar threads. That was all. No probs though.
    Last edited by Cyclops; 10-09-2008 at 05:17 PM. Reason: typo

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing about that specific comment is that when I first came here I briefly thought I was IEI, and it was stuff like that - IEEs are ALWAYS full of energy EVERYWHERE - that had me confused. I'm have more energy than a lot of people, and certainly more than my ISTp husband or INFp friends, but I am not in any way full of energy always and everywhere. So I read that and thought, "Oh, well I generally fit with ENFp but I certainly couldn't say that, so I must be INFp." I think absolutes like that are what can be potentially confusing. Human beings are too complex for absolutes.

I don't have a problem with all of what Jarno wrote, I just have an aversion to things written with absolute language like that. I think it can mislead and confuse people.
    -Mark Twain