Hybrid View

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    I typed myself IEE almost immediately after entering this site, based on tests and my understanding of the descriptions.

However, I'm getting more and more confused.
    (I have a feeling that is not uncommon in here)

I'm pretty certain I'm NF, probably irrational, but I can't completely exclude NT.

How should I proceed to figure out my type for certain?
    You should figure out what function you use primarily to understand and deal with your surroundings (extroverted ego function) and which function you use to maintain yourself (introverted ego function).

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We use most functions most of the time, don't we?

I'm definitely not a sensing person, here's a quote from a message yesterday:

I guess I talk with and observe people to understand my surroundings. I listen to what they say and how they say things. And I observe how people interact. All the things I hear, say, see, observe, etc. will make a picture that tells me what reality is like.

Maintain myself? Hard to explain. I'm looking for some kind of internal harmony. I want to understand and be in balance with myself and then I try to figure out how I can bring that understanding into something that could function in the real world.
    Do you tend to feel most confident in how you view the world or in how you view yourself?

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean by that?
    Do you feel more secure in yourself or in other things?

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure...?
    I know what I feel about things, both internally and externally, but of course I can't be certain I have seen all information I need to put together the correct picture. Is that what you mean?

The insecurities I have are rather linked to not being able to see myself in the world. It's my own interaction in the world that is confusing to me at times. How did that person perceive me now? Did my line of thoughts make sense to him? Do I look OK today? etc.
    That sounds pretty to me. If you are more certain about the way you feel about things than yourself that indicates extroverted judging. I think that the important point is not that you cannot see how you fit into the world, but that you are considering how the world makes you seem relative to it and what you must do to fit in (where you are more confident in the world than yourself). This insecurity probably serves as a drive for examining yourself in the context of the world, which is . FWIW I have never seen you exhibit or valuing behavior.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MimosaPudica
    Maintain myself? Hard to explain. I'm looking for some kind of internal harmony. I want to understand and be in balance with myself and then I try to figure out how I can bring that understanding into something that could function in the real world.
    This is pretty good evidence for valuing. Could you elaborate?
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica
    Balance... I have a lot of internal battles. I often feel like I need to please people and I have problems not choosing what others want over my own wishes. It has caused me to make the wrong choices a lot of times. I should chose what I want, but I end up being "nice" instead, and of course that causes inner pain. Now, I look for a way to balance that in the real world, so I don't bend too much.
    You said you're a 1? I'd say this sounds more 9'ish (possibly also 2 or 6).
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the explanations!

Do you have anything specific in mind when saying you haven't seen me exhibit or valuing behavior?

My initial IEE-typing was based on me being quite hyper-active at times, especially at parties, and the fact that I have done a lot of different things in my life. Also, I seldom rest my mind. I thought that sounded both Ep-temperamental and IEE?
    I only said that I have not seen it, but it is probably b/c we have not interacted enough. The statement you described is confusing b/c it implies self-perception, but it could be b/c you are trying to convey what you have perceived about yourself. However I would expect someone who is -valuing to be more certain/decisive with regard to themselves and their behaviors, such as 'I like to be hyperactive' rather than 'I notice hyperactivity in me'. It is as though you are comparing yourself to hyperactivity rather than choosing to be hyperactive.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't particularly like being hyperactive. It's more a mask I put to have fun when at a party. I'm not in parties THAT often. I don't find myself hyperactive at all.
    It was just an example. BTW you sound more like a 3 than a 1 from this description and what you said about feeling like you needing to please people, being more confident in the world than yourself, and having to continuously search for a balance between your wants with those of others. A 1 probably would not change very much even for a special occasion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, basically, you're Si hunting. Or Ne leading... So it's pretty much a alpha/delta thing you can't decide on?
    Last edited by xyz; 09-25-2008 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Fucking freudian slips.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire