Hybrid View

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Digging Deeper to Verify Self-Typings

This post may help those of you who are interested in verifying/digging deeper into your own self-typings.

For years I’ve considered my Socionics typing IEE, (Fi-ENFp.) My understanding of Socionics has grown up around it, e.g. my understanding of inter-type relations and other Socionics types…

Several weeks ago, several forum members made observations about how I might not be IEE… At first, I thought “who do these ppl think they are?” lol—but their observations made me curious, so soon I began to investigate.

The truth is, as long as I’ve considered myself IEE, there have been unresolved problems w/ the typing, including:

*I have never had any close Delta friends, nor have I ever been in a relationship with a Delta. Throughout my life, almost all of my friends and relationships have been with Betas, (and every now and then an Alpha...) My best friend in high school was ILI…
    *The person with whom I experienced as close as I could describe as ‘duality’ was a Ti-ESTp.
    *My previous company’s co-founder was IEE—his personality is very reminiscent of the actor Jude Law’s—and we had many misunderstandings. The other co-founder was LSE, and there was not a moment we got along.
    * I do relate to well to forum members of other types, particularly IEIs and SEIs.
    *An IRL example: my previous Co-worker was Ni-INFp and we got along very well—no misunderstandings whatsoever.

These quirks were enough to cause me to review Socionics theory. In doing so, I reviewed the traits associated with the Renin Dichotomies. To unbias my evaluations toward IEE—I admit I’d hoped to confirm my self-typing of IEE—I reviewed the info “blindly,” without knowing which traits matched up with which dichotomies. In doing so, I picked:

Asking > Declaring
    Merry> Serious
    Emotivist>Constructivist
    Dynamic>Static
    Decisive>Judicious
    Tactical>Strategic
    Yielding>Obstinate
    Rightist>Leftist
    Positivist>Negativist
    Aristocratic>Democratic
    Farsighted=Carefree (I agree with points in both descriptions… So much that I can’t say I agree with one over the other.)

Review: In reviewing my answers, it's become to clear to me that I disagree with many of the Renin traits associated with IEEs.

Conclusion: I still need more time to investigate... But if I am IEE, this is pretty peculiar.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    This post may help those of you who are interested in verifying/digging deeper into your own self-typings.

For years I’ve considered my Socionics typing IEE, (Fi-ENFp.) My understanding of Socionics has grown up around it, e.g. my understanding of inter-type relations and other Socionics types…

Several weeks ago, several forum members made observations about how I might not be IEE… At first, I thought “who do these ppl think they are?” lol—but their observations made me curious, so soon I began to investigate.

The truth is, as long as I’ve considered myself IEE, there have been unresolved problems w/ the typing, including:

*I have never had any close Delta friends, nor have I ever been in a relationship with a Delta. Throughout my life, almost all of my friends and relationships have been with Betas, (and every now and then an Alpha...) My best friend in high school was ILI…
    *The person with whom I experienced as close as I could describe as ‘duality’ was a Ti-ESTp.
    *My previous company’s co-founder was IEE—his personality is very reminiscent of the actor Jude Law’s—and we had many misunderstandings. The other co-founder was LSE, and there was not a moment we got along.
    * I do relate to well to forum members of other types, particularly IEIs and SEIs.
    *An IRL example: my previous Co-worker was Ni-INFp and we got along very well—no misunderstandings whatsoever.

These quirks were enough to cause me to review Socionics theory. In doing so, I reviewed the traits associated with the Renin Dichotomies. To unbias my evaluations toward IEE—I admit I’d hoped to confirm my self-typing of IEE—I reviewed the info “blindly,” without knowing which traits matched up with which dichotomies. In doing so, I picked:

Asking > Declaring
    Merry> Serious
    Emotivist>Constructivist
    Dynamic>Static
    Decisive>Judicious
    Tactical>Strategic
    Yielding>Obstinate
    Rightist>Leftist
    Positivist>Negativist
    Aristocratic>Democratic
    Farsighted=Carefree (I agree with points in both descriptions… So much that I can’t say I agree with one over the other.)

Review: In reviewing my answers, it's become to clear to me that I disagree with many of the Renin traits associated with IEEs.

Conclusion: I still need more time to investigate... But if I am IEE, this is pretty peculiar.
    This must be what you call ...investigative journalism.
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

* The other co-founder was LSE, and there was not a moment we got along.
    i can relate to this somewhat too.... i've found Delta friends to be too simple for my liking early on that i pursued some betas but betas last only temporarily without conflict. Again and again i would make my biggest progress in delta. That said, there are deltas i do not get along with. These are honest observations. Perhaps we are unattracted to simplicity only to make way back to it after some time having realized all other avenues have failed for the most part.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kensi View Post
    some betas but betas last only temporarily without conflict. Again and again i would make my biggest progress in delta.
    hmmm.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juju is not IEE. I have been fairly sure of this since seeing the video of him. I think ESE and EIE are the two best options, personally; I had thought of myself as blatantly "P" for a long time, but the kind of "irrationality" that I think a lot of people identify with is really just Fe: acting on impulses/emotions/inner reactions rather than being more calculated and plan-oriented. This is mostly mythology that has still managed to survive from Myers-Briggs.

Again, I think the most plausible types for Juju are EIE and ESE.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Juju is not IEE. I have been fairly sure of this since seeing the video of him. I think ESE and EIE are the two best options, personally; I had thought of myself as blatantly "P" for a long time, but the kind of "irrationality" that I think a lot of people identify with is really just Fe: acting on impulses/emotions/inner reactions rather than being more calculated and plan-oriented. This is mostly mythology that has still managed to survive from Myers-Briggs.

EXACTLY! someone else who agrees. nice.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

afaik, the main issue he has with ESFj is this sort of "i don't have a Ni polr." which, i'm not very sure of myself (that he actually has one.) although i think it's very reasonable. i think at this point i'm willing to throw out IEE completely and guess that he should be a ego type for sure.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    afaik, the main issue he has with ESFj is this sort of "i don't have a Ni polr." which, i'm not very sure of myself (that he actually has one.) although i think it's very reasonable. i think at this point i'm willing to throw out IEE completely and guess that he should be a ego type for sure.
    If we work on this premise, how would we go about narrowing down the types, i.e. what questions could we ask to get to the true type?

For example, the questions you asked me about ESE, (which led me to believe that I wasn't ESE...) Which questions could be asked for the other Fe ego types, so as to eliminate or validate them?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand how I'd come across as ESE in those videos. (If it's not obvious, I'm pretty high in both of em, lol.)

The other night, I spoke with Implied about how I could be ESE--and yeah, it'd be a HUGE STRETCH to say that I have a Ni Polr... Also, it'd be a huge stretch to say I have Si in my ego block... I watch my ESE Mom drown in Ni whenever I see her... I'm positive that I'm not ESE.

EIE is a better fit, as Gilly and Idolatrie pointed out... I agree with you, Gilly, about Fe looking irrational... One of my best friends is EIE--you remind me a lot of him, actually--and he is one scatter-brained son of a bitch... (So am I.) When we're together, he does all of the talking... I'd have a hard time believing we're identicals--he's more expansive than me by a lot... Now that I'm reading the description of mirror relations, that'd make a hell of a lot of sense... Te polr makes more sense for me, personally, than Si polr.

@ Implied, did you read any of that screenplay? If you have time, maybe check out a page or two--maybe in the middle, after the thematic ball is rolling--and see if you can pick out any functions I'm using..?

I'm not willing to "throw out" IEE yet... Hell, I won't throw out any types... I want to try to make this make sense.

Thank you to everyone who has replied... To those who sent PMs, thank you--I will reply later--unfortunately, I have class now.

@unefille... Your friend Scorpio--I relate to that VERY MUCH... The ppl who would get upset at him--it sounds like how my Dad reacts to me... If I am INFp or ENFj, I would definitely be the Fe subtype.

@idolatrie... I agree with you about typing ppl incorrectly b/c of, potentially, typing yourself incorrectly... The ppl I listed--I believe that those are accurate typings. (I re-typed them recently hehe--and these new typings make WAY MORE sense than the original ones.)

P.S. I find the INFp and ENFp Stratishgcvgbh.jh.fgy descriptions fit me best... I've read her ISFp, INFp, ENFj, ESFj, ESFp, ENFp, and INFJ descriptions... It's amazing to me how similar the problems for each XNFp type are, at least as she describes them...
    Last edited by JuJu; 09-23-2008 at 06:07 PM.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand how I'd come across as ESE in those videos. (If it's not obvious, I'm pretty high in both of em, lol.)
    I thought so!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE interesting.....but does he see this as a realistic possibility ?

Justin, do u see yourself anything like CP3 ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JuJu, a lot of the process you're describing here reminds me of what I felt when I (and unefille) were retyping.

While I cannot claim I was attached to LSE for years, I certainly built my entire understanding of the functions around what I then saw were 'my' functions. Which means that yes, my system made a lot of sense to me, and I didn't really recognise the disconnect between what I was seeing as, for example, Te, which was actually an expression of Ti analysis. So I guess I'm saying - I recognise how hard it is to have to just throw away your entire understanding of the system, but rebuilding it was far less difficult that I thought.

ahaha, WORD. And then they turned out to be right. Thwarted!!

Please don't take this as a dismissal of your ability to type other people, but if you did the same thing that I was doing, which was understanding Socionics through your type, the possibility of mistyping people is great. And even if that didn't occur at all, which may be the case, I don't know how strong an emphasis you should place on inter-quadra relations. And I know, I'm saying this as someone who has their dual as their best friend - but other than her, my other closest friends are ESE and ILI. Most of my relationships seem to involve Gamma SFs. By this I guess I'm trying to say that interpersonal relationships are so often influenced by factors completely aside from personality traits.

I know you've said elsewhere that particular IEE descriptions were always the most accurate for you. I think this says more about the level of generalness of the descriptions really - how nuanced can the differences be with types that share the same strong functions, particularly ones written in another language? I've said this before, but the LSE descriptions still ring true for me - but that doesn't make me an LSE.

I was also convinced that unefille had to be an irrational type, based on the temperament descriptions. Her mood swings, her flightiness, her changeability - I thought these were all indicators of irrationality. But EIE in particular, I believe can come across that way because of its Fe base. The fact that those features of hers didn't actually piss me off as much as comparable behaviour of people I now know actually are irrational does should have tipped me off. But what can I say - that was the least of my misconceptions! So I guess, don't completely strike EIE as a possibility off the list just because it's a rational type.
    allez cuisine!

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asking > Declaring
    Merry> Serious
    Emotivist>Constructivist
    Dynamic>Static
    Decisive>Judicious
    Tactical>Strategic
    Yielding>Obstinate
    Rightist>Leftist
    Positivist>Negativist
    Aristocratic>Democratic

You know I have never really considered you to be a Delta anyway. You seem much more Beta NF in my opinion (probably IEI).

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only type other type I could possibly see is IEI. You remind me a lot, a lot of an IEI friend of mine. EIE just doesn't fit well enough, in my opinion. I don't have the knowledge to analyze what shapes are in your ego-superego-1st function-3rd function-blah blah blah but I can't see EIE...at all.

Hey wait, come to think of it you remind me a lot of Gilly. Hmmm.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...seriously? He seems too, like...good.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by "Gilly
    ...seriously? He seems too, like...good.
    you're a badass lol
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i kno lol

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    aristocratic, imo SLE or IEE.
    i've always had a bit of an SLE vibe about him which i couldnt explain other than to say a superego reaction but i think IEE would be the better overall fit of the two. I have a hard time seeing IEI.SEI seems more likely but that too has limitations.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu
    Asking > Declaring
    Merry> Serious alpha/beta
    Emotivist>Constructivist
    Dynamic>Static IxFp
    Decisive>Judicious
    Tactical>Strategic
    Yielding>Obstinate
    Rightist>Leftist
    Positivist>Negativist
    Aristocratic>Democratic beta
    damn...you're my identical, lol?
    4w3-5w6-8w7