Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
It's not that it was far off, it's how Maritsa said it, feeling the need to insult someone before sharing her opinion.

I think it's true as well. I don't normally initiate any sexual advances on the first several dates, but find a nice restaurant to eat at, as a fantastic date. I'd rather hold off a bit and make sure the person is right for me. Part of that farsighted thinking. I know other ESEs have commented about waiting as well.

But c'mon... who doesn't enjoy fine food and dining! It's fun to save up a bit of $$$, then treat my girl to something nice, like royalty.
I still don't think you're ESE, but LSE are also farsighted, and I know many types that enjoy good food and dining too. However there are certainly people out there that find eating to be a chore and only approach it from a sustenance and survival perspective.

The difference I think is that some people do it every day or want to do it everyday, and other people do it more based on monetary concerns. And it's not just about $$$ or how much it costs, but about quality, taste, and the company of friends.

It could be a 5 dollar bowl of Pho vs a 100 dollar a cover dinner at a sushi place. What's important is the quality of the food and the people and the different experiences to be enjoyed.

I have a SEI friend that basically eats out at various good restaurants(varies in price range) almost every single meal of his life, between cooking gourmet meals for himself and friends. Alpha quadra is a hedonistic quadra with very a lot of openness to all forms of hedonism whether it is sensual or intellectual. Quadra values aren't about what people do, it's about what is meaningful and fulfilling to that quadra, what people live for.