Thread: IEEs/ENFps in introverted and extroverted states

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEEs/ENFps in introverted and extroverted states

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    I remember having read somewhere that IEEs seem to have two faces? Do you know anything about it?

I have noticed that I have two, almost polar, appearances/states, one extremely timid and introverted and one extroverted, and I have probably switched between these states all my life. It has nothing to do with sadness or happiness. I can feel sad and happy in both states.

Does anyone know if this has to do with IEE personality?
    Are you the same, and if so, do you know why?
    I think that's called Bipolar.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure about having two faces but I think I have two brains. One where I wander in my mind thinking of anything possible, analyzing stuff and the other where I actually talk with people. Usually if I'm wandering inside my brain I can still participate in a conversation somewhat but probably wont be listening much, that's most likely when I come out as timid and not my usual extroverted self. I do that when I am not interested in what is going on around me, as in boring or I am preoccupied with something else that is bugging me more.

Not sure if that bipolar, I don't consider it as a disorder or an illness.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I think that's called Bipolar.
    not really

part of it is being ExFp
    part of it is just being human
    part of it is when the people around one's self is expecting..nay...demanding, that the person be upbeat and cheerful when in reality they aren't feeling that way at the moment, but the person doesn't want to cause conflict or bring others down
    part of it is not particularly wanting to share all of one's thoughts/emotions with the outside world
    part of it is because a person can feel both happy AND sad/mad/etc at the very same time....there are various things that can affect which actually might show up in outward behavior

but mostly I would say that the changes, even sudden changes, would be even more noticeable in an ExFp. Other types and people do it, but for strong noticeability factor, I think ExFp would take the cake, lol.

(we could also take in the observer's biases upon viewing the mood 'swings'. for example, an ixtj would likely consider it to be some kind of disorder that the exfp is showing; or a beta nf might consider it as the exfp is 'playing games', or 'acting', or 'intentionally changing behaviors for some known and directed purpose')
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sometimes much more extraverted than other times, depending on how comfortable I am with the other people involved.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My moods don't swing so much, it's more like shifting from "being with people" to "being alone". And I think you said something important here. That "people demand that you are cheerful". I even feel like they "demand that I take any initiative and entertain everybody". I guess I'm just tired.
    yeah, my post had been more directed at the bipolar comment which many people perceive as constant shifting of moods

What slackermom mentioned is a pretty common topic amongst enfps on the forum.

For myself, I'm more outgoing when first crossing a person on the streets than I am if we stop and chat for a bit. If the topic is really interesting to me then I'll be more outgoing..embarrassingly so sometimes. But if i'm not that interested in it and they are talking away because they are interested, then i might be more mellow or introverted in my responses. Depends on the situation, really. If I'm around someone who I might be around more often (whether i want to..or not), then I tend to come off more introverted or shy. Mostly because of all the self talk and 'what ifs' or 'maybes' going on in my head.

A while back, the discussions included the feeling that people expect the enfp to always be 'on', happy happy joy joy, run around flowers, hugging teddybears, etc. And that few would even accept that an enfp could be/do anything but. I think this perception of how enfp's 'should be' has been pretty much killed, (i hope, heh).

But yeah, it's hard when others are expecting us to take initiative all the time, to pull everyone together, to lead everyone into a good time, to ensure that everything gets done or is covered, etc. To basically act more enfj-ish. I'm not sure if that's what you were referring to with the "demand that you take initiative and entertain everybody" comment. But that and the happyhappyjoyjoy demand is what that feels like to me, heh.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a joke, Ann.
    <nudge>

- Voltaire

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a joke, Ann.
    <nudge>
    yeah, i figured
    but i still had to follow the urge to try to clear some stuff up about bipolar...just in case, heh.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(for the record : so was my answer )
    liar

Well, Ann, I always got a bit antsy when I used to read those descriptions about enfp's because I always thought "It's impossible for anyone to honestly feel like that all the time, and I'd hate it if they still did it just to be fake about it"

- Voltaire

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Ann, I always got a bit antsy when I used to read those descriptions about enfp's because I always thought "It's impossible for anyone to honestly feel like that all the time, and I'd hate it if they still did it just to be fake about it"
    which descriptions?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp