Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who here is actually Delta?

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UDP, I take it you're not Delta anymore then?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive been on the forum for a long time. I think I am the first poster in Delta. Ive always been ENFP/IEE. However, lately Ive been considering INFP/ENFJ. I think Im switching to Beta. I need a good spanking. Sorry guys.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no way to confirm anyone's type. I think Ezra is talking about the typing project. Surprise! Most people didn't agree on other people's types. People seemed to agree about me and Minde. That doesn't make us "confirmed".
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, I'm investigating a different type to humor ppl who heard the subtype descriptions and thought I sounded more Fe-INFp than Fi-ENFp... The profile to which I relate most is ENFp by Stratisjsbndjkfh's hehe.

Ezra: When you say things like "the only confirmed Deltas are," it comes across as really silly. It's like you're just trying to start shit.
    Last edited by JuJu; 09-20-2008 at 06:38 PM.

Creepy-Cyclops

Who cares?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Who cares?
    true

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Everything has to go thru Ezra. If Ezra say's you're a certain type, you can't argue because Ezra = God. Even though he changes his type on a daily basis, he knows everything.

UGH. Get out of delta, Ezra. You're annoying.
    Word.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I don't visit/post much of anything here anymore. But I still sometimes come on the board to see if there's anything interesting going on. (usually when bored though)
    NeFi is still the best description of me that I've ever found, everything that it entails, pros & cons.
    Hi, anndelise! Happy to see you again. Come here more often if you can.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    UDP, I take it you're not Delta anymore then?
    What do you mean?
    I ask because I want to understand why you said that, what's your motivation for that question.

To answer your question, "I'm still delta".
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    What do you mean?
    I ask because I want to understand why you said that, what's your motivation for that question.

To answer your question, "I'm still delta".
    Oh, it's because you don't have it in your sig anymore and your type was being questioned left and right. Nevermind .

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, right. I forgot how big a deal that is.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually only took it off yesterday or something like that. So, bad timing on your part.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, right. I forgot how big a deal that is.
    Delta = sig
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've actually just switched to INFj because of my avatar.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've actually just switched to INFj because of my avatar.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    I leave for a few weeks, come back, people change their types.
    You make it sound as if they decided to not be delta. People can't change their type, whether somebody is or isn't in a qaudra isn't within their control. They are either now wrong or they never were delta to begin with, nobody changed types.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    The only confirmed Deltas are:

- Slacker Mom
    - Minde
    Minde is a beta introvert, LSI > IEI, in my opinion.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    +2
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Slacker Mom is the only real Delta here on this forum. Anyone else who dares to think themselves as Delta are either Betas in denial or some sort of ether-being, homeless and stuck between existences.

Why is it that so many are "suspected" of being Beta and so few of Delta? Why can't one of these type debates include something like, "No! You're definitely not Beta! You are so Delta it's not even funny" or something like that. It's like whenever somebody's type is questioned, the default is Beta. Anyway...

Sereno, I have not changed my type. And I do not intend to for the foreseeable future. I consider myself INFj.

Sneg, and anybody else who agrees with him, you have yet to provide me with any good reasons or explanations for why you think me Beta. Until you can offer some convincing arguments, I'm not going to take your opinions on the matter seriously. Sorry. And, let me warn you, for me to get anywhere near changing what I think my type is, your arguments are going to have to be very, very convincing, stemming from accurate knowledge of me and a solid understanding of the theory. And, not to offend, but I don't think many here meet both of those qualifications together.

However, I will listen to/read what you have to say, so if anyone would like to further discuss my type, there is a thread dedicated to that very subject.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't imagine you as ISTj or INFp. If you weren't INFj, the only other type I'd be able to see would be ISFj.

I consider people's self-typings as generally more relevant than other people do. But you've been around long enough and have contributed enough to have some idea. So if you say INFj over ISFj I'm inclined to believe you.

I think the assumption is that someone as serious about religion as you must be Se-valuing, and maybe Ti as well. But this place is all about typing by huge sweeping generalizations and assumptions these days.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I think the assumption is that someone as serious about religion as you must be Se-valuing, and maybe Ti as well. But this place is all about typing by huge sweeping generalizations and assumptions these days.
    Why is this?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I can't imagine you as ISTj or INFp. If you weren't INFj, the only other type I'd be able to see would be ISFj.

I consider people's self-typings as generally more relevant than other people do. But you've been around long enough and have contributed enough to have some idea. So if you say INFj over ISFj I'm inclined to believe you.

Bunch of Pinko Commies 'round these parts.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the first I've ever heard of this ISTj/INFp typing possibility for Minde.

Are the justifications for this seriously what Slacker Mom has briefly outlined?

Also, I know my initial post in this thread was rather blasé, but I have not deviated from Delta since I got here. Although there have been speculations of me possibly being SEI, I have not heard concrete enough evidence to suggest this. Delta NF has been the most likely type for me from the outset.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Apparently Slacker Mom is the only real Delta here on this forum. Anyone else who dares to think themselves as Delta are either Betas in denial or some sort of ether-being, homeless and stuck between existences.
    Why do you say/think that?

Sneg, and anybody else who agrees with him, you have yet to provide me with any good reasons or explanations for why you think me Beta. Until you can offer some convincing arguments, I'm not going to take your opinions on the matter seriously. Sorry. And, let me warn you, for me to get anywhere near changing what I think my type is, your arguments are going to have to be very, very convincing, stemming from accurate knowledge of me and a solid understanding of the theory. And, not to offend, but I don't think many here meet both of those qualifications together.
    Alright, correct me if anything I say here is wrong:

What you seek is for somebody to provide you with a complete, coherent picture of your type built from simple and well-understood parts, for there to be concrete order and structure in their arguments. And also in order for you to take the other person seriously they would have to express their thoughts and ideas with clarity and exactitude, to present clear and concise explanations of concepts, rather than a focus on things that are not directly pertinent. Basically you want good, solid rationales and justifications that are pertinent. This is what you had in mind when you stared that thread about yourself, you seek, expect and feel relaxed by a source of logical certainty.

Creepy-Cyclops

Why do you say/think that?

Alright, correct me if anything I say here is wrong:

What you seek is for somebody to provide you with a complete, coherent picture of your type built from simple and well-understood parts, for there to be concrete order and structure in their arguments. And also in order for you to take the other person seriously they would have to express their thoughts and ideas with clarity and exactitude, to present clear and concise explanations of concepts, rather than a focus on things that are not directly pertinent. Basically you want good, solid rationales and justifications that are pertinent. This is what you had in mind when you stared that thread about yourself, you seek, expect and feel relaxed by a source of logical certainty.
    You are totally brainwashed. And you're also not Delta.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are totally brainwashed.
    Why do you say this?

Creepy-Cyclops

Why do you say this?
    Which part? Well, the way you interpret the functions, the arguments i've seen you give, it sounds (to me) that Niffweeed or someone or a group of people have clouded your thinking so that you're not seeing things as they should. Not that Niffweed can't type, i'm not saying that, but he often gets it wrong, and he especially doesn't understand the Delta quadra (using his Dad as an SLI typing guide for instance, among many things he says)

I can't see you as Delta because I and also many Deltas I know don't relate to you, and as I said I see your functional etc understanding as muddled. Things you say - even how you write - massive monologues on posts - I mean i'm quite articulate and clever and even I rarely write as you do - it's not the ISTp way - if you look at the descriptions you will see they keep what they say to a minimum. Not that I can't go into lengthy prose, cause I do sometimes. The difference is that mines is pretty much always related to the practical, full of factual examples. Even when I discuss theory, I always go back to the practical.

Crucially, I'd be suprised if there are any Deltas you get on with, for instance... I have struck up some good friendships with some Deltas here..because we simply "get" each other. I think you should consider your friendship with Niffweed or whoever to be an indication of the quadra you belong to. Which Deltas have you struck up friendships with? It seems to me all you do is criticise them, and not understand them, claiming that it means...it's because they are not Delta..where as in fact it's because they are Delta.

In regards to Minde, it's quite clear she is an Fi dominant, anyone who can't see how she uses Fi, pretty much constantly, is someone who needs to go back and start again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    The only confirmed Deltas are:

- Slacker Mom
    - Minde
    Who confirmed this Ezra?
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which part? Well, the way you interpret the functions, the arguments i've seen you give, it sounds (to me) that Niffweeed or someone or a group of people have clouded your thinking so that you're not seeing things as they should. Not that Niffweed can't type, i'm not saying that, but he often gets it wrong, and he especially doesn't understand the Delta quadra (using his Dad as an SLI typing guide for instance, among many things he says)
    I have absolutely no connection to nifweed, or anybody else, in my thinking. I do recognize what they have to say, but I am completely autonomous in my thinking, reasoning. I think it's rather the case that I am focusing on you so you notice it. For example, before I was focused on people like phaedrus and joy and made lengthy elaborations how they are not the type they claim to be.

And others are clouding my thinking so I am not seeing things how I should be? Are you saying there is a proper way to think, see things, and others are leading me away from this path? That there is such a thing as the right conclusions to come to regarding things, that if I don't come to certain conclusion about certain things I am somehow misguided, wrong?

I can't see you as Delta because I and also many Deltas I know don't relate to you, and as I said I see your functional etc understanding as muddled. Things you say - even how you write - massive monologues on posts - I mean i'm quite articulate and clever and even I rarely write as you do - it's not the ISTp way - if you look at the descriptions you will see they keep what they say to a minimum. Not that I can't go into lengthy prose, cause I do sometimes. The difference is that mines is pretty much always related to the practical, full of factual examples. Even when I discuss theory, I always go back to the practical.

Crucially, I'd be suprised if there are any Deltas you get on with, for instance... I have struck up some good friendships with some Deltas here..because we simply "get" each other. I think you should consider your friendship with Niffweed or whoever to be an indication of the quadra you belong to. Which Deltas have you struck up friendships with?
    I'm neither articulate nor clever. Trying to converse with people who actually are has shown me this. I'm just lengthy and elaborate in explaining myself. I'd say a more reasonable version of phaedrus.

Yes, I come of as stereotypically INT*, an introvert intuitive thinking type. Or at least Ti dominant.

I don't really relate to any deltas, and I don't relate at all to any SLI-s on this forum. Perhaps they are all mistyped, or perhaps it's me. I use to think it was just me, but now I am considering the possibility that it's actually everybody else that has got it wrong.

And Nifweed is not my friend. I did not befriend anyone here. Well, perhaps anndelise.

It seems to me all you do is criticise them, and not understand them, claiming that it means...it's because they are not Delta..where as in fact it's because they are Delta.
    This is a straw man argument. That may be true, but that is not how or why I type people they way I do. I do think minde and I are definitely not of the same quadra, and a lot of otehr people, but all my personal sentiments, including that one, play no part in forming my opinion on their type. That is, I base my assessments on things that can be proved or disproved. That is, I present arguments. If I am mistaken then one should be able to rebut what I have to say.

I would suggest focusing on that and not on the possibility of my methods being flawed. Personally I fail to see this relevance people keep placing on how I come to the conclusions I do over what I am actually saying.

In regards to Minde, it's quite clear she is an Fi dominant, anyone who can't see how she uses Fi, pretty much constantly, is someone who needs to go back and start again.
    These types of arguments mean absolutely nothing. In fact, if I was completely and utterly convinced that minde was Fi dominant, after such a statement I would deliberately not think so any more, would deliberately start consider alternates. I find claims that something inherently subjective is self evidently objective as a huge warning sign. I feel as if something very bad is emerging and feel a need to prohibit that subjective statement to be accepted as self evidently objective.

Personally, the things minde does are IMO better explained as Ti dominance then Fi dominance. But then again I am basing this solely on my personal interaction with her, and I have issues with noticing Fi dominance in other people.

Creepy-Cyclops

I have absolutely no connection to nifweed, or anybody else, in my thinking. I do recognize what they have to say, but I am completely autonomous in my thinking, reasoning. I think it's rather the case that I am focusing on you so you notice it. For example, before I was focused on people like phaedrus and joy and made lengthy elaborations how they are not the type they claim to be.

And others are clouding my thinking so I am not seeing things how I should be? Are you saying there is a proper way to think, see things, and others are leading me away from this path? That there is such a thing as the right conclusions to come to regarding things, that if I don't come to certain conclusion about certain things I am somehow misguided, wrong?

I'm neither articulate nor clever. Trying to converse with people who actually are has shown me this. I'm just lengthy and elaborate in explaining myself. I'd say a more reasonable version of phaedrus.

Yes, I come of as stereotypically INT*, an introvert intuitive thinking type. Or at least Ti dominant.

I don't really relate to any deltas, and I don't relate at all to any SLI-s on this forum. Perhaps they are all mistyped, or perhaps it's me. I use to think it was just me, but now I am considering the possibility that it's actually everybody else that has got it wrong.

And Nifweed is not my friend. I did not befriend anyone here. Well, perhaps anndelise.

This is a straw man argument. That may be true, but that is not how or why I type people they way I do. I do think minde and I are definitely not of the same quadra, and a lot of otehr people, but all my personal sentiments, including that one, play no part in forming my opinion on their type. That is, I base my assessments on things that can be proved or disproved. That is, I present arguments. If I am mistaken then one should be able to rebut what I have to say.

I would suggest focusing on that and not on the possibility of my methods being flawed. Personally I fail to see this relevance people keep placing on how I come to the conclusions I do over what I am actually saying.

These types of arguments mean absolutely nothing. In fact, if I was completely and utterly convinced that minde was Fi dominant, after such a statement I would deliberately not think so any more, would deliberately start consider alternates. I find claims that something inherently subjective is self evidently objective as a huge warning sign. I feel as if something very bad is emerging and feel a need to prohibit that subjective statement to be accepted as self evidently objective.

Personally, the things minde does are IMO better explained as Ti dominance then Fi dominance. But then again I am basing this solely on my personal interaction with her, and I have issues with noticing Fi dominance in other people.
    I wasn't aware you were focusing on me. My type has been proven directly and indirectly many times. Quite frankly I know not that much about you, but what I have saw of you tells me your opinions views should be completely ignored because they are so wrong.

Your posts (like the one above) are so alien to the way I think that it's something like nails on a blackboard.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be rude, I just find your way of thinking different to mine, your understanding of people a million miles away from anything I see relevant, and then with all that, your posts are so long that I can't see any merit in reading through them in their entirety, sorry.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    +2
    You're not bold enough.

I will go all the way and claim that Minde is a clear example of SLE sensory subtype.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    You're not bold enough.

I will go all the way and claim that Minde is a clear example of SLE sensory subtype.
    I KNEW IT!!! VINDICATED.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

Creepy-Cyclops

You're not bold enough.

lol. Also.. perhaps enneagram type 8 ftw, SLE, massive Se ego and massive ego hehe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're not bold enough.

If you can actually show it, if it makes sense, I see no problem with that. I consider group misconceptions, illusions on a grand scale as possible. That is, I have no problem with the possibility that absolutly everybody is wrong regarding minde's type.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. Also.. perhaps enneagram type 8 ftw, SLE, massive Se ego and massive ego hehe
    So...we're talking Ezra in a female body, right? I can see that too.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a bit confused on a few things.

1) How is snegledmaca's writing style (and length of his posts for that matter) indicative in any way of it being "not the ISTp way"? I think it's unreasonable to suggest that because his posts are so long that that is evidence against ISTp. Now, if we're talking about what is contained in those posts and how he develops his ideas over time, then we might be able to ascertain elemental values from that. But to simply say that his long posts suggest away from ISTp because it's not the "ISTp way" is not fair.

2) I think that while the fixation seemed to be on his length of posts, I think he very clearly laid out his opinion and reasonings in a concise manner

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Now, I don't necessarily agree with this particular opinion and what it infers, however, my point is to suggest that this is somehow longwinded and/or out of touch with practicality is not fair. There is no muddled thinking in how this opinion is expressed; it seems as though he is simply presenting evidence to back up his opinion of Ti/Se preference.

I think it's far better than saying

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops
    3) Once again, I see another misrepresentation of basing friendships and relationships to what quadra you belong to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops
    Crucially, I'd be suprised if there are any Deltas you get on with, for instance... I have struck up some good friendships with some Deltas here..because we simply "get" each other. I think you should consider your friendship with Niffweed or whoever to be an indication of the quadra you belong to. Which Deltas have you struck up friendships with? It seems to me all you do is criticise them, and not understand them, claiming that it means...it's because they are not Delta..where as in fact it's because they are Delta.
    Particularly the bolded part. I know snegledmaca has already responded to this but it bears repeating. A friendship with someone of a particular quadra does not necessarily imply association with that quadra. To assume, or be surprised if he gets along with other Deltas is jumping to conclusions. How do you know he doesn't? Are you basing this assumption based on his writing style/communication style and how it doesn't jive with you particularly? That's what it sounds like you're doing.

To me I think snegledmaca has been nothing but reasonable in this particular thread, though I disagree with his particular opinion regarding Minde. That will come at another post.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    I'm a bit confused on a few things.

1) How is snegledmaca's writing style (and length of his posts for that matter) indicative in any way of it being "not the ISTp way"? I think it's unreasonable to suggest that because his posts are so long that that is evidence against ISTp. Now, if we're talking about what is contained in those posts and how he develops his ideas over time, then we might be able to ascertain elemental values from that. But to simply say that his long posts suggest away from ISTp because it's not the "ISTp way" is not fair.

2) I think that while the fixation seemed to be on his length of posts, I think he very clearly laid out his opinion and reasonings in a concise manner

Now, I don't necessarily agree with this particular opinion and what it infers, however, my point is to suggest that this is somehow longwinded and/or out of touch with practicality is not fair. There is no muddled thinking in how this opinion is expressed; it seems as though he is simply presenting evidence to back up his opinion of Ti/Se preference.

I think it's far better than saying

3) Once again, I see another misrepresentation of basing friendships and relationships to what quadra you belong to.

Particularly the bolded part. I know snegledmaca has already responded to this but it bears repeating. A friendship with someone of a particular quadra does not necessarily imply association with that quadra. To assume, or be surprised if he gets along with other Deltas is jumping to conclusions. How do you know he doesn't? Are you basing this assumption based on his writing style/communication style and how it doesn't jive with you particularly? That's what it sounds like you're doing.

To me I think snegledmaca has been nothing but reasonable in this particular thread, though I disagree with his particular opinion regarding Minde. That will come at another post.
    My post isn't the be all and end all of what I think, would think. Lets just say I can't see anything in it in terms of discussing it. So what's the point? But incase there is..i'll touch on a few things you mention here..

Being friends with people in your own quadra, of course that will happen. Of course anyone who's developed can get on with anyone etc.. but when it comes to long term or deeper interaction, we simply get on with people who have same or valued information elements as us. How is this not obvious? It plays out as thus IRL and also when one develops deeper friendships on line also.

I never said his thinking was not logical, I simpy find it boring and simplistic... There is nothing new in it for me, nor is it a style of thinking I associate with.

And of course i'm talking about what's in his posts, and not just the length of them.

They are frequently long, meandering, not going anywhere. I generally don't see the point to them, and perhaps you could say that stresses out my role Ni.

That's not to say I don't read long posts, I do sometimes, but when it comes to his, I find nothing of interest in them, and I find his style of thinking something I don't relate to.

In regards to what I'm saying about Minde showing Fi - now I'm stating a fact that she has it and uses it. Can I ask, what would you have me do, elaborate on how she uses Fi? If so, can I ask what's in it for me? (seriously)

And in regards to me going into great depth about Smegle.... type, same question, why?
    Last edited by Cyclops; 09-23-2008 at 03:06 PM. Reason: typo

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My post isn't the be all and end all of what I think, would think. Lets just say I can't see anything in it in terms of discussing it. So what's the point? But incase there is..i'll touch on a few things you mention here..
    Of course your post isn't the end-all/be-all of the issue. The point is is that you expressed opinions, and I am expressing my point of view and pointing out concerns I have or disagreements I have with those opinions.

Being friends with people in your own quadra, of course that will happen. Of course anyone who's developed can get on with anyone etc.. but when it comes to long term or deeper interaction, we simply get on with people who have same or valued information elements as us. How is this not obvious? It plays out as thus IRL and also when one develops deeper friendships on line also.
    This is true, but you still seemed to suggest and indicate that snegledmaca's views are indicative of a close friendship with niffweed, which firstly, is unfounded, baseless speculation, and then you went on to suggest that because of this possible affinity or friendship (or supposed alignment of socionic views, again unfounded) suggests not Delta.

I never said his thinking was not logical, I simpy find it boring and simplistic... There is nothing new in it for me, nor is it a style of thinking I associate with.

And of course i'm talking about what's in his posts, and not just the length of them.

They are frequently long, meandering, not going anywhere. I generally don't see the point to them, and perhaps you could say that stresses out my role Ni.

That's not to say I don't read long posts, I do sometimes, but when it comes to his, I find nothing of interest in them, and I find his style of thinking something I don't relate to.
    Fair enough. However, I still say this is rather circumstantial evidence either for or against a particular type.

In regards to what I'm saying about Minde showing Fi - now I'm stating a fact that she has it and uses it. Can I ask, what would you have me do, elaborate on how she uses Fi? If so, can I ask what's in it for me? (seriously)
    Yes, making a claim and then citing an example or examples that illustrate this might be useful to substantiate the claim and strengthen your case.

And in regards to me going into great depth about Smegle.... type, same question, why?
    I'm taking exception to the post because of the flaws I see within it. I felt strongly enough to express my opinion about the matter that the reasoning is flawed. You called into question snegledmaca's typing, and I am pointing out what I feel are flaws in that reasoning.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    Of course your post isn't the end-all/be-all of the issue. The point is is that you expressed opinions, and I am expressing my point of view and pointing out concerns I have or disagreements I have with those opinions.
    ok

This is true, but you still seemed to suggest and indicate that snegledmaca's views are indicative of a close friendship with niffweed, which firstly, is unfounded, baseless speculation, and then you went on to suggest that because of this possible affinity or friendship (or supposed alignment of socionic views, again unfounded) suggests not Delta.
    Well, thank you for saying what it seemed like I was doing, perhaps next time you could ask me what I actually am doing.

Fair enough. However, I still say this is rather circumstantial evidence either for or against a particular type.
    At the risk of repeating myself, i'm not particularly bothered which type you see him as (or even which type you see me as tbh) If I wished to elaborate in an indepth analysis, by reading through all his posts etc, then I would do so, but well, I don't feel like it, and I don't see how I would personally learn anything from doing it.
    Yes, making a claim and then citing an example or examples that illustrate this might be useful to substantiate the claim and strengthen your case.
    But what's in it for me to do so? Is what I asked you.
    I'm taking exception to the post because of the flaws I see within it. I felt strongly enough to express my opinion about the matter that the reasoning is flawed. You called into question snegledmaca's typing, and I am pointing out what I feel are flaws in that reasoning.
    Ok. But to clarify...calling into question his typing, how can I be doing that when (as far as I'm aware) he isn't sure of his type? (and well, if you read ealier on in similar thread created by JuJu..you will see it's actually MY type being called into question by him, not the other way round)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you can actually show it, if it makes sense, I see no problem with that. I consider group misconceptions, illusions on a grand scale as possible. That is, I have no problem with the possibility that absolutly everybody is wrong regarding minde's type.
    You are generally right, and my tone was too facetious. Of course everyone may wrong and "group thinking" is not an argument. But I personally think that, from the evidence that Minde has provided - directly and indirectly - that LSI is all but impossible, and IEI only makes sense if she has presented us with some "facade" which I can't believe it's the case.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are generally right, and my tone was too facetious. Of course everyone may wrong and "group thinking" is not an argument. But I personally think that, from the evidence that Minde has provided - directly and indirectly - that LSI is all but impossible, and IEI only makes sense if she has presented us with some "facade" which I can't believe it's the case.
    That may be the core of the issue, as I only base my type assessments from my personal experience in dealing with the other person. That is, I do not take into account your evidence. And to be honest, I most probably won't as I find that a second hand account, I don't find it reliable enough. That is, I am more confident in basing my assessments off of what I have established to be for certain, from my own experience, then from what somebody has presented to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast