Thread: IEEs and the problem with other people

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The healthiest societies encourage interdependence, making real true friends that you'd want in your deepest of dreams but also ones that encourage others to make choices for themselves and themselves alone.

I've seen too many college kids rely on their parents. When my own parents spoil me it drives me crazy as they're just making it worse and harming my relationships.

You are much more likeable if you worry about mostly just yourself anyway, and also ironically more approachable and easier to talk to.

People that are obviously trying to people please turn me off the most. We all care about what other people think of us, but I mean 2 helper types in the enneagram wheel annoy me. People that have to always be in another person's business all the time need to get a life of their own.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    The healthiest societies encourage interdependence, making real true friends that you'd want in your deepest of dreams but also ones that encourage others to make choices for themselves and themselves alone.

I've seen too many college kids rely on their parents. When my own parents spoil me it drives me crazy as they're just making it worse and harming my relationships.

You are much more likeable if you worry about mostly just yourself anyway, and also ironically more approachable and easier to talk to.

People that are obviously trying to people please turn me off the most. We all care about what other people think of us, but I mean 2 helper types in the enneagram wheel annoy me. People that have to always be in another person's business all the time need to get a life of their own.
    Are you a 9?

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen too many college kids rely on their parents.
    what about those parents who rely on their children too much, as if their chikdren are their parents (psychologists call this phenomenon 'parentified children')
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is actualy a very interesting thought, can you give examples of such societies? I ask, because in Europe, I think most societies are either too much collectivist in this sense (Mediterranean), whereas north-west europeans (British, Dutch, Scandinavians) are probably way too individualistic and socially more remote. I myself do not know of societies that are overall balanced in this respect.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking