Hybrid View

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    anyhow, you can't drop a bomb like that and then not give any reasoning at all.
    alright alright alright... I suppose there's no harm in providing a few reasons (as long as I don't get sucked into a debate).

First of all, yes... my typing methods are partially subjective (looking at shared quadra values and intertype relations and whatnot). I'm not interested in debating the validity of these or any other typing methods, but there are existing debates as such scattered about the forum if you're really interested in understanding my reasons.

Anyways, I'll start with discounting my former reasons for thinking that they weren't SLE and EIE.

For a long time I've thought of SLE's as one of the types that I didn't particularly get along with or think much of, but upon a little bit of reflection, I really don't know why. I've pretty always sort of superficially "clicked" with the SLE's I've met irl. The way I get along with SLE acquaintances is not all that different from the way I get along with IEE acquaintances, which makes sense. They're not people who I think "wow, I would really like to get to know him/her better", but there is an ease in communication and I seem to "get" them the way that IEE's seem to "get" me.

I have come to believe that my past understanding of Si PoLR's was also flawed. I definitely think it's possible for people with a Si PoLR to consistently train their body or enjoy regular physical exercise. They may do it with a different mindset than types with strong Si, but they are capable of doing it just the same. To give an example, I think Arnold Schwarzenegger is LIE, based on what I know of him (which admittedly isn't an enormous amount). The bottom line is that I was using a Si PoLR to explain some of my character flaws (instead of just doing what I needed to do to fix them). This led to a grossly inaccurate understanding of the capabilities of Si PoLR types.

As for the reasons that I think that FDG is not SLE (or SEE, for that matter), they have mostly to do with Fe and Ti, and to a lesser extent Fi. Basically, I don't think he's SLE for the same reasons (related to Fe and Fi) that I don't think Ashton is SLE (see what I wrote about his type on the wiki consensus list if you're curious). Also, Ti dual seeking makes more sense for him than Ti PoLR or even Ti creative. Look at how he responds to (and greatly respects) Ti explanations, but also note the lack of Ti in his own posts. Ezra has readily shown more Ti than FDG has in the way he came here immediately looking to correlate typology systems (that is, to understand Socionics at least in part by figuring out how it fit into the existing framework of other typology systems he already understood). Also, he was not at all quick to discard/get past some of the early correlations and understandings he had built into his framework of understanding of Socionics.

One could argue that Ashton has built his own Ti system, but I think the difference is that Ashton's Ti system was built over a longer period of time and is much more comprehensive than Ezra's. It's more of a rational approach to Ti than an irrational/creative approach, you could say. I think the reason that FDG hasn't done the same thing Ashton has is that he simply isn't willing to put that kind of time or attention into Socionics. FDG appears to be a more healthy and balanced person, and it sounds like he has some very time-consuming interests outside of this community.

The thing about FDG that doesn't fit into the EIE typing is the appearance of a laid back outlook on life. The fact that he identifies with +++ and enneagram 7 does seem more EP-ish than EJ-ish. His signature strengths also seem more SEE (or at least EP) than not. I still think EIE makes the most sense for him overall, though.

As for Ezra being SLE, I don't have a huge case to make for it (or rather, I don't want to invest the time required to make a huge case for it), but I think most people already think he's SLE and there have been many cases made for this, so aside from what I already said about his Ti approach to typology theories, I'll just offer my subjective reasons. The reason I was thinking about it and changed my mind about my typing of him is because I had a SLE client yesterday and had talked at length with a SLE professional acquaintance relatively recently and the way they responded to me reminded me of the way Ezra responded to me. One aspect of this was that they seemed to appreciate the Ni way I explained things (rather similarly to how I appreciate the Fi way IEE's explain things, actually). This is part of the ease of communication that I described above.

So anyways, my intention in making this thread was not to convince anyone of anything, but rather to simply state that I have changed my opinion. This post offers some of my reasons, but as I said before I have no interest in or time to invest in debating or further explaining my reasons or either of their types.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I have come to believe that my past understanding of Si PoLR's was also flawed. I definitely think it's possible for people with a Si PoLR to consistently train their body or enjoy regular physical exercise. They may do it with a different mindset than types with strong Si, but they are capable of doing it just the same. To give an example, I think Arnold Schwarzenegger is LIE, based on what I know of him (which admittedly isn't an enormous amount). The bottom line is that I was using a Si PoLR to explain some of my character flaws (instead of just doing what I needed to do to fix them). This led to a grossly inaccurate understanding of the capabilities of Si PoLR types.
    +20
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't understand how niffweed thinkis that I "must" be Ti because "math rules my life" (??) and Joy thinks I "completely lack" Ti (??).

It's more likely for the truth to be inbetween these extreme positions, in my opinion.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post

It's more likely for the truth to be inbetween these extreme positions, in my opinion.
    Someone says, "FDG is completely straight".
    Someone else says, "FDG is completely gay".

FDG says -- as above.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Someone says, "FDG is completely straight".
    Someone else says, "FDG is completely gay".

FDG says -- as above.
    ahahhah! you wish ;D

Not debating Fabio's type per se, but all that example demonstrates is a common approach taken by students of eocnomics; it indicates logic and learning, primarily, since the equation is a standard calculation of value.
    +1

this type of Ti stuff is stuff that he talks about rather constantly and places an inordinate amount of interest and value
    Yeah, guess what, I've studied economics and business for the last 8 years.

I won't comment on how Joy says that "I live by Ti systems that other people have taught me". WTF lol, like, how do you know :/ I mean, that's what pisses me off so much about you. You say these things that have zero basis in reality, taking them from your hat, and magically make them true :vomit:

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expat makes FDG sound like a SLI, lol.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if it isn't clear, i'm not talking about FDG's interest in economics so much as the post referenced has nothing to do with economics really so much as that's the kind of stuff he produces to justify his beliefs/ideas, on a consistent basis. this can be extended to socionics, a field clearly distinct from economics/math/whatever.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're just too good at saying no to everything.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Expat makes FDG sound like a SLI, lol.
    not really.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    not really.
    yes really.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't understand how niffweed thinkis that I "must" be Ti because "math rules my life" (??) and Joy thinks I "completely lack" Ti (??).

I do think you value Ti and "live by" Ti systems (in a sense)... I just don't think you possess strong Ti. It's not "your" Ti systems that you "live by", it's the Ti systems that others have explained to you.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FDG as more "relaxed" makes perfect sense. in either case it fits very well with the idea of him as SLE; basically the math-controls-my-life stuff (ie shit like this) makes me see anything other than SLE as very unlikely for FDG at this point.
    What do you expect from an economist?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw I think Peter is generally (well, from what I can deduce from our interaction) quite relaxed and friendly too, not tense at all (if that's an argument against Ezra being an 8 - but to be taken with a huge grain of salt - beware of high pressure). Yes, he's a bit more "serious" than me, but that can be a result of age and upbringing and personal preferences IMHO - I know this distinction isn't generally very well received but it does play a part.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw I think Peter is generally (well, from what I can deduce from our interaction) quite relaxed and friendly too, not tense at all (if that's an argument against Ezra being an 8 - but to be taken with a huge grain of salt - beware of high pressure). Yes, he's a bit more "serious" than me, but that can be a result of age and upbringing and personal preferences IMHO - I know this distinction

isn't generally very well received but it does play a part.
    Well I can't observe myself, which is why I was just commenting on you and Ezra. I do think what you described plays a part in people's behavior.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw I think Peter is generally (well, from what I can deduce from our interaction) quite relaxed and friendly too, not tense at all (if that's an argument against Ezra being an 8 - but to be taken with a huge grain of salt - beware of high pressure). Yes, he's a bit more "serious" than me, but that can be a result of age and upbringing and personal preferences IMHO - I know this distinction isn't generally very well received but it does play a part.
    Are you talking about me or Expat (we both have the same name)?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    oh sorry, about expat (i haven't met you)

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I figured, but strrrng's post confused me.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fabio's post confused me, lol, so I was sort of half-writing my post, connecting the dots as I went along.

Oh well.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed
    i also don't know if this people fit the sort of Ti-driven archetype which people like you and ashton are rather perfect examples of.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    O RLY?

I hope he was talking about you, or else my post becomes pretty useless.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    DAMMIT

Although, this does clear up quite a bit from before. Expat is clearly more calm than Ezra IMO, and I think this is due primarily to maturity. I'm not expounding again, lol.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    What do you expect from an economist?
    i expect that most people who dive headlong into economics and argue for rather staunch positions are Ti types. the people who do that on this community are pretty universally betas, but that's not a fair comparison because there are so many more betas here than not.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i expect that most people who dive headlong into economics and argue for rather staunch positions are Ti types.
    You should visit some economics departments then. The % of gamma NTs there would absolutely astound you. In fact, I would go as far as saying that the greatest majority of the economists of the list of the top 1000 : http://student.ulb.ac.be/~tcoupe/update/top1000c.html are LIEs and ILIs. You simply do not know enough about the subject and the people in it to given an informed opinion, niffweed. It's something you should absolutely shut up about until you know better, lest looking like a fool.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I think maturity is the most prominent factor in this situation. That being said, I would expect Ezra to appear more intense than dj, given that his Se is always on, and that he is seeking Fe. As for enneagram type, I'm not sure that it points one way or the other. dj has himself typed sx/sp, which, if paired with cp6w5 and Se ego, I would expect to come across as pretty damn intense, lol. Ezra is most likely sp/sx (I think that was his most recent self-typing, and it makes decent sense), which doesn't really say much, but I'm just pointing it out. Lastly, if Ezra was a cp6 with a few more compensatory habits than dj, this could explain his ostensible behavior, at least in part. Conversly, if he is in fact an 8, this would probably produce a more natural state of intensity and/or forcefulness.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should visit some economics departments then. The % of gamma NTs there would absolutely astound you. In fact, I would go as far as saying that the greatest majority of the economists of the list of the top 1000 : http://student.ulb.ac.be/~tcoupe/update/top1000c.html are LIEs and ILIs. You simply do not know enough about the subject and the people in it to given an informed opinion, niffweed. It's something you should absolutely shut up about until you know better, lest looking like a fool.
    you're right; i don't know the vast majority of these people. even so, i don't think for a second that "most of them are gamma NTs."

i also don't know if this people fit the sort of Ti-driven archetype which people like you and ashton are rather perfect examples of.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're right; i don't know the vast majority of these people. even so, i don't think for a second that "most of them are gamma NTs."

bah. unfounded accusation of a purely personal nature.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't even looked at that list, but I would agree that a large number of economists are Gamma NT. I don't know about "majority". Perhaps.