Thread: Se Egos & Confrontation

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Se Egos & Confrontation

Se egos: how do you go about confrontation? (Fabio, as an SEE, may also answer, but if you're not Fabio or Se ego, don't answer - I'm not interested at this moment in time.)

ETA: BTW, when I said confrontation, I was referring to physical confrontation. I know a lot of types experience confrontation.
    Last edited by Ezra; 09-15-2008 at 03:02 PM.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit: sorry lol
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why dont you start, ezra?
    I will not aim for the head.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to have no qualms about kicking the living shit out of someone who offended me in some way. I soon realised that this was not the way to go about life. I think negative physical confrontation is a barbaric and animalistic impulse when used unprovoked. The only time one should need to resort to negative physical conflict is when one is being attacked, and one is cornered. It is a last resort in every sense of the word.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    I used to have no qualms about kicking the living shit out of someone who offended me in some way. I soon realised that this was not the way to go about life. I think negative physical confrontation is a barbaric and animalistic impulse when used unprovoked. The only time one should need to resort to negative physical conflict is when one is being attacked, and one is cornered. It is a last resort in every sense of the word.
    Oh, shut the hell up, Mr. Miagi. This is such a silly attitude, and it reeks of unwarranted nobility ("I only use my powers if necessary"...lol cmon).

Kicking someone's ass is a good stress release, and a good way to do one's duty to keep balance in life lol. Most people deserve an ass kicking, for one reason or another. I am more than happy to be the deliverer of their consequence.

For example, when my brother and I were walking home after playing basketball, this group of 5-6 guys was sitting on a bench directly along our path. They began to verbally mock us (saying things like "I fucking love you man" and dancing around us). This was aggravating because I was with my fucking brother, and I thought it was completely unwarranted. So, what did I do? Told them they were hilarious and walked up to the leader (whom I perceived as the leader, at least), and hit him in his jaw. He was all shocked lol (like "what the hell dude?!") but had to try to save his ego by attempting to engage me, at which point I dropped him with a short right (wow that was fulfilling -- *snap*...stumble back...so much better without gloves on). Out nigga. His friends didn't do shit; well, some tried to act like they were gonna fight, but they just gathered around him. I told them to suck each others' cocks and left.

The point is, I was by no means "cornered," and fighting was not the last resort. But, in my opinion, it was necessary. It wasn't a pride issue; I felt violated - there was no reason for them to do what they did. I just think that fighting isn't such an absolute thing. I don't need to justify why I beat someone's ass; there is no morality with combat. The only laws are: win by any means necessary, and, inflict the maximum amount of damage in the minimum amount of time. Fuck taking the high road and doing the "right" thing lol; if you want to fuck someone up, do it.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Oh, shut the hell up, Mr. Miagi. This is such a silly attitude, and it reeks of unwarranted nobility ("I only use my powers if necessary"...lol cmon).

Kicking someone's ass is a good stress release, and a good way to do one's duty to keep balance in life lol. Most people deserve an ass kicking, for one reason or another. I am more than happy to be the deliverer of their consequence.

For example, when my brother and I were walking home after playing basketball, this group of 5-6 guys was sitting on a bench directly along our path. They began to verbally mock us (saying things like "I fucking love you man" and dancing around us). This was aggravating because I was with my fucking brother, and I thought it was completely unwarranted. So, what did I do? Told them they were hilarious and walked up to the leader (whom I perceived as the leader, at least), and hit him in his jaw. He was all shocked lol (like "what the hell dude?!") but had to try to save his ego by attempting to engage me, at which point I dropped him with a short right (wow that was fulfilling -- *snap*...stumble back...so much better without gloves on). Out nigga. His friends didn't do shit; well, some tried to act like they were gonna fight, but they just gathered around him. I told them to suck each others' cocks and left.

The point is, I was by no means "cornered," and fighting was not the last resort. But, in my opinion, it was necessary. It wasn't a pride issue; I felt violated - there was no reason for them to do what they did. I just think that fighting isn't such an absolute thing. I don't need to justify why I beat someone's ass; there is no morality with combat. The only laws are: win by any means necessary, and, inflict the maximum amount of damage in the minimum amount of time. Fuck taking the high road and doing the "right" thing lol; if you want to fuck someone up, do it.
    haha and then you heard a loud buzzing sound and you woke up and went to kindergarten

Creepy-Diana

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Se egos: how do you go about confrontation? (Fabio, as an SEE, may also answer, but if you're not Fabio or Se ego, don't answer - I'm not interested at this moment in time.)

ETA: BTW, when I said confrontation, I was referring to physical confrontation. I know a lot of types experience confrontation.
    ISFj karate.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't Se ego types go about physical confrontation the same as every other type?

A fist in the face is a fist in the face, right?
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy View Post
    Wouldn't Se ego types go about physical confrontation the same as every other type?

Point.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only person I have ever had physical confrontations with is my ESTp brother. It usually involved him poking and prodding me until I was fed up and then we would go at it until my parents broke us up or until one of us was injured enough to give up. Most people just don't bother me. I don't purposefully try to get into physical fights but I certainly don't send of the vibe that I am afraid of them.

Most of my fights tend to be verbal. Someone does or says something I don't like and I call them out on it. I will directly say why did you do or say that. Then they can either tell me the truth and I can try to correct them (correcting them doesn't always work but I respect a truthful answer) or they can lie to me and I proceed to tear through their motivations and expose their true intentions.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar
    haha and then you heard a loud buzzing sound and you woke up and went to kindergarten
    *yawn*

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    strrrng, as much as I like you, with that attitude, I find it difficult to have much respect for you.
    It's just the truth. I have matured over the past few years, and am not some loose cannon who looks for fights. I just try not to attach myself to any moral code with combat, but rather, deal with things on a situational basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Marianorajoy

Indeed.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy View Post

+1 that's what I think too.

If you want my opinion on confrontations, I usually get in confrontations mostly with self-appointed authority figures (with "bureucratic" authority figures a lot less so, because it's a complete waste of time) that treat other people like shit telling them what to do; usually these people are ESTjs (obviously this is how I perceive the situation, it might not be an accurately objective). I don't recall me getting in other type of physical altercations.
    I don't even consider verbal altercations as real confrontation. Most of the time when I am having a verbal conflict, I consider is as "joking".
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nicky boy aren't you told in martial art "class" that you should only use what you learn in self defense and only if it is the last way out?

Wouldn't you get kicked out if you got caught if you did what you did?