Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: type the author of this blog entry

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sometimes when a person is showing their shadow side they will seem like a vulnerable version of their dual. ive had this happen to me twice in real life so far, where i once typed an ILI as SEE and another time where i typed an LIE as ESI . i think this person is LSE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is the persons type niffweed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    what is the persons type niffweed
    Yes, I am curious as well. If you have some insight that we don't, please do share.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the writing style, I'd have guessed this person to be Ashton, and probably niffweed is posting it as a part of the evergoing smear campaign. Good job, niffweed. You're a very shitty person.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    From the writing style, I'd have guessed this person to be Ashton, and probably niffweed is posting it as a part of the evergoing smear campaign. Good job, niffweed. You're a very shitty person.
    I have no idea if that is the case, but if it had been written by Ashton, why should posting it here be any "smear campaign"? Anyway my impression is that it's by someone with extreme focus on Si.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the passage was indeed written by ashton.

my intention in posting it was primarily to see if people did come out with a correct functional focus, because i think that there are some themes consistent with beta extroversion in the text, but they're fairly subtle and the overall character doesn't exactly mesh with much of what might be considered when one thinks of beta extroversion.

i must say i understand where the people that saw him as an existential ILE much better than those that suggested delta types.

other than mn0good, who seemed to respond with SLE, beta was not a popular choice. i think those who identified the writing as E7-ish (which it is, very much so) were very much on the right track.

the responses by allie, strrrng, implied (though she gave me her first impressions before i told her) and probably FDG's most recent accusatory post were all tainted with prior knowledge.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ashton wrote this in a blog on Socionix. I don't understand how after deleting his blog entry it would appear cross-posted on another forum to be analyzed without his permission.

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    the responses by allie, strrrng, implied (though she gave me her first impressions before i told her) and probably FDG's most recent accusatory post were all tainted with prior knowledge.
    I knew it was Ashton's because I had seen the original blog entry before you posted it here. But strrrng and FDG had not, so don't make that assumption.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ashton is not beta, he is LIE. you are an idiot niffweed

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Ashton wrote this in a blog on Socionix. I don't understand how after deleting his blog entry it would appear cross-posted on another forum to be analyzed without his permission.
    I did not know it was his, but I do not care. It would be a joke if Ashton would feel the slightest right to complain about something like that. He used a moderator's password to enter this forum and to ban user accounts - without their permission. Therefore, he has absolutely no right to complain about anything like that done to him. As far as I am concerned, in this forum he has no rights.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it didn't; it was already pasted to the workshop before it was deleted. then i pasted it here because there was little interest in the workshop version. it was not until sometime after that when i realized that ashton removed the original one.

I knew it was Ashton's because I had seen the original blog entry before you posted it here. But strrrng and FDG had not, so don't make that assumption.
    strrrng did; he removed his post after i asked him to. FDG i'm assuming did from his second post based on the variation in his response, but it's possible i'm wrong.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I did not know it was his, but I do not care. It would be a joke if Ashton would feel the slightest right to complain about something like that. He used a moderator's password to enter this forum and to ban user accounts - without their permission. Therefore, he has absolutely no right to complain about anything like that done to him. As far as I am concerned, in this forum he has no rights.
    He didn't complain about it. I complained about it more than Ashton did. Niffweed has asked me not to reveal the identity of the blogger in this thread so I did not. But only because of the fact that it didn't bother Ashton.

it didn't; it was already pasted to the workshop before it was deleted. then i pasted it here because there was little interest in the workshop version. it was not until sometime after that when i realized that ashton removed the original one.
    That's a very complicated means to justify what you did.

strrrng did; he removed his post after i asked him to. FDG i'm assuming did from his second post based on the variation in his response, but it's possible i'm wrong.
    I'm the one who showed Nick this thread in the first place, asking him on AIM what type he thought the blogger was. After Nick guessed XIE 7w8 sx I told him it was Ashton. Then Nick pasted his original guess here. So although he made the post after already knowing who wrote it, the guess he pasted was made before knowing. Similar to Maria, I suppose.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    what's Ashton socionics type, after all?
    That's always been debated. It's Ni-ENTj.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a very complicated means to justify what you did.
    how is it complicated? that's the chronology of the way things went. after which, you told me that ashton didn't have any objection, so why should it be a problem?

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how is it complicated? that's the chronology of the way things went. after which, you told me that ashton didn't have any objection, so why should it be a problem?
    You didn't ask if Ashton objected. You asked me not to ruin your thread. I said I wouldn't, but only because he didn't object. And I said that you're making it complicated because you're trying to justify yourself by introducing a timeline here. It has nothing to do with anything.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You didn't ask if Ashton objected. You asked me not to ruin your thread. I said I wouldn't, but only because he didn't object.
    that is true.

And I said that you're making it complicated because you're trying to justify yourself by introducing a timeline here. It has nothing to do with anything.
    that is not true.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess would have been ILE. Or alternatively, SLI.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this thread leaves me wondering if ashton is ENTj, or infact ESTj .. I can't say, I haven't interacted with him much. But he really did have a strong negative reaction to me on stickam .. it was unusual for an ENTj, but typical for ESTj. ESTj-Te w/ an emphasis on dysfunctional Ne & Fi . (It shows in the blog entry too) . It's already been talked about how the HA function can be perceived as an ego function for self typers
    Beta is a terrible guess ... but niffweed is a dumbass so where's the surprise there

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's always been debated. It's Ni-ENTj.
    So you two are like the perfect duals eh?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta is a terrible guess ... but niffweed is a dumbass so where's the surprise there
    I agree.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Niffweed why are you interested in figuring out Ashton's type?
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
    Niffweed why are you interested in figuring out Ashton's type?

what are you talking about?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are you talking about?
    I just meant, why do you want to figure out his type? What use is it to you?
    What do you hope to gain with this thread?

(this is sincere)
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, given this new information, perhaps I was wrong in thinking delta ST. My estimate of delta ST was largely based on a parallel to myself, or more specifically my motivations. I assumed that the personal motivation for writing something like that were like my own. It's possible that they weren't. Perhaps I was too eager to draw a parallel to myself, was biased in interpreting that segment. In which case I'd say the only certain thing about that segment, IMO, is the dysfunctional Ne and Fi (And I would say that at least that parallel with myself stands).

I'm curious as to how you see beta extroversion niffweed?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or maybe it's just not very possible to type someone based on a few paragraphs with themes with which most 20 year olds can identify and can attribute (in different ways) to any of the function/elements?
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the passage was indeed written by ashton.

my intention in posting it was primarily to see if people did come out with a correct functional focus, because i think that there are some themes consistent with beta extroversion in the text, but they're fairly subtle and the overall character doesn't exactly mesh with much of what might be considered when one thinks of beta extroversion.

i must say i understand where the people that saw him as an existential ILE much better than those that suggested delta types.

other than mn0good, who seemed to respond with SLE, beta was not a popular choice. i think those who identified the writing as E7-ish (which it is, very much so) were very much on the right track.

idiot. idiot. idiot. idiot. idiot. idiot.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this thread leaves me wondering if ashton is ENTj, or infact ESTj .. I can't say, I haven't interacted with him much. But he really did have a strong negative reaction to me on stickam .. it was unusual for an ENTj, but typical for ESTj. ESTj-Te w/ an emphasis on dysfunctional Ne & Fi . (It shows in the blog entry too).
    Well, sometimes you annoy me, but I doubt my Ne and Fi is all disfunctionalized.

It's already been talked about how the HA function can be perceived as an ego function for self typers.
    Could this apply to your Te/Fe PoLR too?

ETA: I thought the passage was ILE on first glance, and it made me think of Vero. I also agree that the enneagram 7 aspect seemed to be the most evident thing about it all.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed
    I didn't have prior knowledge of shit; stop assuming. Allie imed me and showed me the thread (I hadn't even been interested in reading it before) and told me to type the person. My typing was 7 sx and Ni-ENFj>Se-ESTp>Ni-ENTj. Then while I was rereading the blog, I saw a phrase which was virtually identical to one Ashton had used in a conversation with me a few days earlier, about a similar subject. That is how I determined it was his.
    Last edited by strrrng; 09-15-2008 at 12:15 PM. Reason: type codes
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually Niff, I never said anything about SLE. At first I said ENXp, and then later I was a little more forceful about Fi PoLR. In retrospect, I think the only reason I said ILE was because I couldn't get over how much it sounded like me writing.

To be honest, I don't know how you can see anything other than very weak Fi and 7w8 in that blog. I would love it if Nick could explain why XIE was his deduction. Obviously there was something evidently Ni creative about it from his perspective, which I'm interested in hearing.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good
    To be honest, I don't know how you can see anything other than very weak Fi and 7w8 in that blog. I would love it if Nick could explain why XIE was his deduction. Obviously there was something evidently Ni creative about it from his perspective, which I'm interested in hearing.
    This was my exact thought process: read the first paragraph and thought 4 enneagram type. I also thought that it had a beta feel, due to the subtle spiritual/introspective undertones. Read the second paragraph and immediately changed the e-type to 7 sx with 100&#37; certainty, and also thought that it was most likely some beta P-sub extrovert, as the attitude did not have the same inward orientation I would expect from an introvert (not saying introversion = thoughts, but there are general themes and attitudes), and P-sub seemed more like simply because they tend to have that more raw, open quality that was conveyed. Read the third paragraph and knew it was 7w8 sx (not as light or open as the 7w6) and my best guess was Ni-ENFj, as they tend to seem P-ish at times, and the entire writing had too much of an introspective quality for the person to have weak Ni. But my second guess was Se-ESTp, due to the themes of living for the present intensity and forgetting it, ignoring the past memories, etc -- Ni ego people tend to travel back into the past quite often, sometimes unwittingly. My third guess was Ni-ENTj, simply because it was plausible, but on the whole, the blog entry had much more of a beta feel than gamma.
    Last edited by strrrng; 09-15-2008 at 06:58 PM.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is an interesting little philosophical quandary by this author, which i posted on the workshop but which nobody seems especially interested in....
    Interesting analytically, and yes, rather disturbing to me personally.

My first inclination would be to say that this kind of "experience" strikes me as extremely dissociated psychologically. Depersonalization. Along the lines of R. Laing's Divided Self and further studies of the genesis of schizoid/schizophrenia.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune

My first inclination would be to say that this kind of "experience" strikes me as extremely dissociated psychologically. Depersonalization. Along the lines of R. Laing's Divided Self and further studies of the genesis of schizoid/schizophrenia.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune View Post

I feel...really good about myself now, lol. Good thing I have all these reading on the medicalized and disciplined body to bolster my spirits!

EDIT: Crap, I meant to respond to Nick and got distracted by psychological dissociation. Your process certainly seems fair to me. I re-read the entry with that in mind and I can see where you're coming from. Particularly, the one sentiment that I would have to say I didn't relate to was the one about living in a present intensity then letting it pass. I think I'm going to mull over it some more and see if anything more obvious comes to mind.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blog
    I never have anything to write about myself and I never really have in my life. It makes me feel really stupid to even try. What times I've had to, I made up stuff because I didn't know what else to do. There are faint times it occurs to me to wonder who I am or what I'm doing, why am I here and how I got there. But whatever sporadic sparks of self-awareness I have crackle into oblivion before they can cohere into anything I'd care to express. I guess I'll start babbling.
    Unhealthy 7 behavior. Running from the past and ignoring inner world/feelings

I have no life story or sense of personal history, and I don't want one. Not that I don't remember events - I do with crystal clarity, but I'm simply not connected to them.
    Partly 7-related - ignoring the past - but also partly generally unhealthy behavior. Typically being disconnected from past events (especially to this degree) is caused by some traumatic event(s) in early childhood. The fact that the author doesn't want a sense of personal history could suggest that they are suppressing painful memories.

I never have coherent plans for the future, only reckless gambles. I can't recall any major decision I've made in the last 20 years that I actually reasoned out, instead I make them on whims which only make sense to me as they occur. In the blink of an eye I've ended significant relationships and shifted job plans without any real prior thought. Sometimes I don't even make the decision persay, but quite simply wake up one day with a whole new outlook and mentality to everything.
    While this superficially resembles unhealthy sx 7 behavior, I believe it is more deep-rooted. The author most likely feels out of control of their inner self and life, and thus they take the only attitude that gives them a sense of control: impetuosity. In a sense, they feel inept at dealing with things in an ordered fashion, and probably believe that deep down there is no order to anything (most likely due to lack of discipline in childhood and whatnot) and thus counter-act this by being completely impulsive - a counter-intuitive attempt to compensate for the issue.

I can attach to nothing it seems, despite trying to force myself to at times - or at least I pretend to myself that I am attached... until I am sufficiently bored, naturally. In a way I envy those who can, since attachments seem to make their life more real. But I always know the truth, that none of it is real (at least for me), and so I never can take it seriously. I feel like my mind has long since become a graveyard of these playthings.
    This agrees perfectly with my above analyses. There has to have been some childhood events that caused such an attitude. 7's may be detached from normal experiences in a casual sense, but the author is quite literally detached from his or herself. It is as if they are living with a void inside, and feel incapable of fixing it.

"Out of sight, out of mind" applies to me well. Within the awareness of the moment, my experiences are vivid and often enthralling as they are happening, only to be discarded without trace once they are past. And I need something again. I've probably seen a good deal between the spectrums of transcendental beauty and unspeakable nightmare; yet nothing lasts, nothing impacts, nobody influences. Not love, friendship, family, tragedy, triumph, guilt, desire, fulfillment, or regret. All fades into shadow, everyone and everything is invariably forgotten.
    There is nothing new to add.

When I tell people irl some of these things, it's very perplexing and upsetting to them. On many occasions, people even start crying and it baffles me. I find it ridiculous because I figure that most people too are actually like what I described here, and that they just don't know it.
    Projection.
    Last edited by strrrng; 09-15-2008 at 07:00 PM. Reason: grammar
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    EDIT: Crap, I meant to respond to Nick and got distracted by psychological dissociation. Your process certainly seems fair to me. I re-read the entry with that in mind and I can see where you're coming from. Particularly, the one sentiment that I would have to say I didn't relate to was the one about living in a present intensity then letting it pass. I think I'm going to mull over it some more and see if anything more obvious comes to mind.
    Flat affect. That's what particularly disturbed me. The author doesn't seem in the least upset about the experience described, as though he was describing himself in the third person (this was mentioned by some others on this thread). That kind of dissociative relation is strongly correlated with schizoid and schizophrenic states.

Granted, I'm not diagnosing... just noting the striking similarity.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

I discussed this blog with Implied after I had typed on basis of this blog, and came up with with the same type as she had (ENTp). I had no idea who it was, or have ever tried to type Ashton before.

ashton is not beta, he is LIE. you are an idiot niffweed
    Well first you said he's EIE-Fe sociopath, then EII, then LSE, and now LIE. You can still randomly guess 12 more times.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Well first you said he's EIE-Fe sociopath, then EII, then LSE, and now LIE. You can still randomly guess 12 more times.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going back to the original point, I think the author is EP, and a Seven. As a philosopher, I assume Ne leading, but I'm a philosopher, and I'm SLE, so it's inconclusive.

Who is it? (Forgive me for not trolling through eight pages of what is probably shit).

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Going back to the original point, I think the author is EP, and a Seven. As a philosopher, I assume Ne leading, but I'm a philosopher, and I'm SLE, so it's inconclusive.

Who is it? (Forgive me for not trolling through eight pages of what is probably shit).
    lmao

It's Ashton.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ that

lol @ philosopher ashton

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast