TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Satan / Lucifer (Bible)

tumblr_nljgetk2VG1qd9m9xo1_1280.jpg

Satan's backstory casts him as a Fallen Angel, originally the light-bearing archangel of Heaven, who is damned to spend eternity in Hell due to his rebellion against God. By virtue of his once-grand celestial position, Satan is depicted as the king of Hell and the creator of Demons, even if he's as much a prisoner there as any of the damned. This backstory is derived from the Book of Revelation in The Bible.No matter what version of Satan is employed, he is usually a shapeshifter, capable of taking any form — physical or not — that he cares to. In human form, he is often shown with red or blond hair. His true form is often that of a big red devil, or perhaps a snake or dragon. All things that hide or distort the truth are in his province, making him also the master of deception and illusion. Consequently, his most common incarnations are wheeler-dealers, bargainers, and con-men.

Despite an overwhelming overconfidence, he almost always possesses a keen sense of enlightened self-interest. In keeping with the belief of the "most beautiful angel" who fell, Satan takes a handsome face whenever possible, but behind it is often rage and hatred.

Possibly EIE or SEE

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah interesting concepts.

The voice of the enemy.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of all, EIE.

Intuitive, with perfect theory of mind, manipulative, challenging the order by calling everything into question, and in the end setting himself up as rival to God.

A gifted orator in influencing a 1/3 of the stars to fall. Meaning ruler of the fallen angels in a significant number. Note in Jude it says they forsook their original position and left their dwelling, they sinned, by marrying women of Earth.

In Job he challenged man's integrity and said soul in behalf of soul, curses await when tested, and murdered his children, took away his wealth, and caused a disease to Job, to push it to the limit.

In Ezekiel one can get a glimpse of who he was before his fall: as an anointed cherub in Eden, a covering cherub, a guardian of the new creations, a watcher over the new couple. He walked about in the midst of fiery stones, every precious stone was his covering. He became haughty, and became filled with violence and set himself up as a rival god.

His deception worked with the woman in his promise she would be like God, knowing good and bad, that God was hiding something from them with the tree of the knowledge of good and bad.

EIE.

It's the unsurpassed ability to influence others for a cause.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

If you can wash your brain, your brain isn't a wash, it is awash

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement

Banned
    TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expansion View Post
    Out of all, EIE.

Intuitive, with perfect theory of mind, manipulative, challenging the order by calling everything into question, and in the end setting himself up as rival to God.

A gifted orator in influencing a 1/3 of the stars to fall. Meaning ruler of the fallen angels in a significant number. Note in Jude it says they forsook their original position and left their dwelling, they sinned, by marrying women of Earth.

In Job he challenged man's integrity and said soul in behalf of soul, curses await when tested, and murdered his children, took away his wealth, and caused a disease to Job, to push it to the limit.

In Ezekiel one can get a glimpse of who he was before his fall: as an anointed cherub in Eden, a covering cherub, a guardian of the new creations, a watcher over the new couple. He walked about in the midst of fiery stones, every precious stone was his covering. He became haughty, and became filled with violence and set himself up as a rival god.

His deception worked with the woman in his promise she would be like God, knowing good and bad, that God was hiding something from them with the tree of the knowledge of good and bad.

EIE.

It's the unsurpassed ability to influence others for a cause.
    What makes me think ESFp is also very plausible is his extremely indulgent nature. His distortion of reality and manipulation techniques are only designed to put others into the same boat as him, into sin and lust. It's literally just an instinctive revolt. To depict this more simpler, a minor stereotypical example: a SEE is the only type in the stereotype to find pleasure in partying heavy with a lot of other people, indulging in drugs and sex. This has some sense because of Se base and Fi creative. It's just like the behavior the devil is described to have, he feels pleasure in doing what he does.
    Also, SEEs are also good orators and leaders, know how to deal with people just the same as an EIE, so I guess it's still one logical option.

Your examples mentioned made me think SEE probably makes more sense though. I only voted EIE because the way he discourses his manipulations are too filled with mysticism and intuitive stuff. He knows his way around the words and knowledge (his words carry a serious weight and makes you ponder about deep shit) and how to convince people way too much to be SEE. I guess that showed me more about his cognition than his actions. I maybe wrong though, because the entire bible is written that way anyway

TIM
    SLE-Ti or ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol always funny to see people try and fit fictional/nonhuman beings into a human classification system.

What type does a being with horns, red skin, and a tail fall into using visual identification? Should we make a 17th type for that? The features are so unique I might actually believe that there should be a category for it that every person/thing with those features actually fall into.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    Lol always funny to see people try and fit fictional/nonhuman beings into a human classification system.

What type does a being with horns, red skin, and a tail fall into using visual identification? Should we make a 17th type for that? The features are so unique I might actually believe that there should be a category for it that every person/thing with those features actually fall into.
    Everything based on the human figure can be typed. Even fictional characters share human characteristics which can certainly fit into any type. Satan is only a human representation, even god is, and there is backstory enough for coming to a conclusion about a type.
    If you feel that way (and also wants everyone to know that huh) I don't know why the hell you're interested in typology.

TIM
    SLE-Ti or ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can agree that you can try to type certain actions. However, actions are not directly correlated to types in socionics

Also, I don't have to think a system is true in order to be interested in it. Usually that comes after investigating the system

My post was more to jab at the importance of minor details in the system. For example, visual identification is regarded as fairly accurate and it's about noticing details about a person's appearance. People can change their thoughts about someone's type based off a celebrity interview or some detail about how they treated someone else who is of another known type (interpersonal relations). You can't get that with fictional characters.

I see this in the same category as trying to type universal ideas like greed or wisdom or shyness

However, I only said it was funny to me. I was not attempting to say you shouldn't try and type them. You can do as you wish lol

Banned
    TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can agree that you can try to type certain actions. However, actions are not directly correlated to types in socionics

Also, I don't have to think a system is true in order to be interested in it. Usually that comes after investigating the system

My post was more to jab at the importance of minor details in the system. For example, visual identification is regarded as fairly accurate and it's about noticing details about a person's appearance. People can change their thoughts about someone's type based off a celebrity interview or some detail about how they treated someone else who is of another known type (interpersonal relations). You can't get that with fictional characters.

I see this in the same category as trying to type universal ideas like greed or wisdom or shyness

However, I only said it was funny to me. I was not attempting to say you shouldn't try and type them. You can do as you wish lol
    Don't get me wrong, but it seems to me from here that you're just trying to express how you feel cause you're not making a lot of sense. And that's okay, but I'm gonna argue my view too, you can't expect no less.
    Not typing actions, but personality in itself. You didn't understand what I said. Off topic, to me it appears like you're too self-expressing and logic ignoring to be any logical type, consider an ethical one.
    For example, you saying typing a feeling or idea is the same as typing a collective for the human condition. That don't make sense. I agree that typing some feeling or general idea like wisdom is bullshit, but it's not related at all to typing a character representing various of those feelings and ideas in itself, a figure that can have characteristics the same as a real person. The devil for example, he is described as manipulative, ingenious and indulgent. He is described to having a whole cognition and making certain kind of actions in different situations and moments. It's the pattern, not the idea. It's not just a mood thing, but a human cognitive collective in itself. Capisce?

TIM
    SLE-Ti or ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropex6 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, but it seems to me from here that you're just trying to express how you feel cause you're not making a lot of sense. And that's okay, but I'm gonna argue my view too, you can't expect no less.
    Not typing actions, but personality in itself. You didn't understand what I said. Off topic, to me it appears like you're too self-expressing and logic ignoring to be any logical type, consider an ethical one.
    For example, you saying typing a feeling or idea is the same as typing a collective for the human condition. That don't make sense. I agree that typing some feeling or general idea like wisdom is bullshit, but it's not related at all to typing a character representing various of those feelings and ideas in itself, a figure that can have characteristics the same as a real person. The devil for example, he is described as manipulative, ingenious and indulgent. He is described to having a whole cognition and making certain kind of actions in different situations and moments. It's the pattern, not the idea. It's not just a mood thing, but a human cognitive collective in itself. Capisce?
    I don't mind arguments, so I'm down.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying either, so let me try to be clearer. I was saying that fictional characters are missing a certain human condition to them. For example, in fiction someone can easily make someone have Te "patterns" but give them an Fe face structure. They can present a good relationship between conflicting types, because subtleties are missing. Fiction is without rules, thus you can create whatever you wish. Do you think that the Devil has fucking dimensions to functions? That someone who doesn't need to eat or drink or get tired has any need for Si? I don't find typing fictional characters very fruitful, or even possible. However, like you said, we can both say whatever we want to.

I don't understand what you mean in the last part. I viewed it as you attempting to type general characteristics (like manipulation, lack of wisdom, presence of wisdom, etc.), and that's still what it looks like to me.

Also, I will take you calling me an ethical type as a compliment. Judging by how little information you are willing to type based off of though, I'm not sure how much I can believe it unfortunately lmao

Banned
    TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mind arguments, so I'm down.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying either, so let me try to be clearer. I was saying that fictional characters are missing a certain human condition to them. For example, in fiction someone can easily make someone have Te "patterns" but give them an Fe face structure. They can present a good relationship between conflicting types, because subtleties are missing. Fiction is without rules, thus you can create whatever you wish. Do you think that the Devil has fucking dimensions to functions? That someone who doesn't need to eat or drink or get tired has any need for Si? I don't find typing fictional characters very fruitful, or even possible. However, like you said, we can both say whatever we want to.

I don't understand what you mean in the last part. I viewed it as you attempting to type general characteristics (like manipulation, lack of wisdom, presence of wisdom, etc.), and that's still what it looks like to me.

Also, I will take you calling me an ethical type as a compliment. Judging by how little information you are willing to type based off of though, I'm not sure how much I can believe it unfortunately lmao
    Fictional characters are made by what? Based on what? That's what you not considering here. It's the human psyche that makes those figures. It for all intents and purposes contains cognition, and can be purposely typed in any system whatsoever, their very existence, even in fiction, is fruit of that. Just the same as I can say the devil is cunning and indulgent, based on grammatical concepts and what those words can mean, and they're also directioned to the personality of the object.
    Furthermore, read the description of this board: For discussing the types of public figures and fictional characters.
    You coming here into a topic and expressing you find funny people type fictional characters is an emotional response, to say the least. Do with that information as you will.

TIM
    SLE-Ti or ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fictional characters are made by what? Based on what? That's what you not considering here. It's the human psyche that makes those figures. It for all intents and purposes contains cognition, and can be purposely typed in any system whatsoever, their very existence, even in fiction, is fruit of that. Just the same as I can say the devil is cunning and indulgent, based on grammatical concepts and what those words can mean, and they're also directioned to the personality of the object.
    Furthermore, read the description of this board: For discussing the types of public figures and fictional characters.
    You coming here into a topic and expressing you find funny people type fictional characters is an emotional response, to say the least. Do with that information as you will.
    You didn't really address any of my points. Just because people project certain qualities onto "objects" (as you describe them), that doesn't mean the qualities are coherent enough to form a picture of a human type. At best, you get an extremely general (wink-wink) picture.

The description of the board is a valid point. However, I didn't really have malicious intent when I made my original comment.

As for emotional responses, I admit that I have emotions. Surprising for a logical type, I know. It just shows further how obsessed you are with general ideas and stereotypes. Manipulative? Must be 4D Fe right? Any signs of emotions? Boom ethical type, done. I'm not quite sure what to do with the information either. Believe it or not, if I realize today that I am an SEI, tomorrow I will still be me. It won't magically turn me into an SEI or whatever type I believe I am, so I don't really have much use for my type. I have SLE and ILE in my bio because those are the two types I hear the most about myself from others. I feel bad for you if at every emotional response you have to anything, you start to question your type, that sounds unhealthy.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You didn't really address any of my points. Just because people project certain qualities onto "objects" (as you describe them), that doesn't mean the qualities are coherent enough to form a picture of a human type. At best, you get an extremely general (wink-wink) picture.

The description of the board is a valid point. However, I didn't really have malicious intent when I made my original comment.

As for emotional responses, I admit that I have emotions. Surprising for a logical type, I know. It just shows further how obsessed you are with general ideas and stereotypes. Manipulative? Must be 4D Fe right? Any signs of emotions? Boom ethical type, done. I'm not quite sure what to do with the information either. Believe it or not, if I realize today that I am an SEI, tomorrow I will still be me. It won't magically turn me into an SEI or whatever type I believe I am, so I don't really have much use for my type. I have SLE and ILE in my bio because those are the two types I hear the most about myself from others. I feel bad for you if at every emotional response you have to anything, you start to question your type, that sounds unhealthy.
    Not continuing this discussion, it clearly seems you have your opinion and I have mine. There's no point to this. Hold on to your truth.
    By the way, I didn't mean no disrespect or offense when I said you must be ethical type. I don't get why you got so defensive, you said yourself you liked arguments? "I would still be me" dude, no joke, that's something only an ethical type would say in this discussion here. That's heavy IEI vibes I'm getting from you. You're too expressive of how you feel, even when it has nothing to do with what's being discussed. Understand that I say this not to offend you, just something I observed in our talk here. It's just something to consider, if you want to, don't get defensive by that, I don't have nothing against you or your opinions, even though your opinions have no logic behind them.

TIM
    SCS: SLE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tumblr_nljgetk2VG1qd9m9xo1_1280.jpg

Satan's backstory casts him as a Fallen Angel, originally the light-bearing archangel of Heaven, who is damned to spend eternity in Hell due to his rebellion against God. By virtue of his once-grand celestial position, Satan is depicted as the king of Hell and the creator of Demons, even if he's as much a prisoner there as any of the damned. This backstory is derived from the Book of Revelation in The Bible.No matter what version of Satan is employed, he is usually a shapeshifter, capable of taking any form — physical or not — that he cares to. In human form, he is often shown with red or blond hair. His true form is often that of a big red devil, or perhaps a snake or dragon. All things that hide or distort the truth are in his province, making him also the master of deception and illusion. Consequently, his most common incarnations are wheeler-dealers, bargainers, and con-men.

Despite an overwhelming overconfidence, he almost always possesses a keen sense of enlightened self-interest. In keeping with the belief of the "most beautiful angel" who fell, Satan takes a handsome face whenever possible, but behind it is often rage and hatred.

Possibly EIE or SEE
    If I were to type in enneagram, he would be the prime example of a classic unhealthy sx4. Once sx4s self realize, they aren't sx4s anymore and start to act sp4.

After all, everything he did, turning humans against god, etc, where out of envy, spite, the bitter feeling of the likelihood that he was replaced by humans as God's favorite.

I agree with Policemen on him being likely Fi base. However SEE sort of makes senses, however I wouldn't see him as an irrational due to his sheer focus being primarily Fi, everything he has done was emotionally driven by feelings of rejection and anger. He isn't led by the present moment, he is led by his own emotions and not at all by a sense of justice, etc. He uses his appeal and manipulation of the masses on an individual level to coat his ego, not to gain leverage in gaining material wealth, resources, etc(there is no need for him too). To which he isn't using his Fi in a creative manner, its literally the reason for his downfall. So why type him anything but Fi base?

TIM
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not continuing this discussion, it clearly seems you have your opinion and I have mine. There's no point to this. Hold on to your truth.
    By the way, I didn't mean no disrespect or offense when I said you must be ethical type. I don't get why you got so defensive, you said yourself you liked arguments? "I would still be me" dude, no joke, that's something only an ethical type would say in this discussion here. That's heavy IEI vibes I'm getting from you. You're too expressive of how you feel, even when it has nothing to do with what's being discussed. Understand that I say this not to offend you, just something I observed in our talk here. It's just something to consider, if you want to, don't get defensive by that, I don't have nothing against you or your opinions, even though your opinions have no logic behind them.
    You should see the SLI e2 or LIE e4 thread

People forget that they are supposed to type by WHY they do things, certain actions can be ambiguous but the reasoning, intentions, mindset, and even belief systems aren't at all. To which they can be connected to certain IME types, if not find out the rational axis at the very least.
    Last edited by Muira; 02-22-2024 at 03:41 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti or ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aw leaving the argument so soon?

I appreciate the very on topic insights which you felt the necessity to share. I've never gotten typed as IEI before so it's an interesting perspective!

TIM
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What makes me think ESFp is also very plausible is his extremely indulgent nature. His distortion of reality and manipulation techniques are only designed to put others into the same boat as him, into sin and lust. It's literally just an instinctive revolt. To depict this more simpler, a minor stereotypical example: a SEE is the only type in the stereotype to find pleasure in partying heavy with a lot of other people, indulging in drugs and sex. This has some sense because of Se base and Fi creative. It's just like the behavior the devil is described to have, he feels pleasure in doing what he does.
    Also, SEEs are also good orators and leaders, know how to deal with people just the same as an EIE, so I guess it's still one logical option.

Your examples mentioned made me think SEE probably makes more sense though. I only voted EIE because the way he discourses his manipulations are too filled with mysticism and intuitive stuff. He knows his way around the words and knowledge (his words carry a serious weight and makes you ponder about deep shit) and how to convince people way too much to be SEE. I guess that showed me more about his cognition than his actions. I maybe wrong though, because the entire bible is written that way anyway
    Wasn't his indulgent nature simply out of spite because he isn't God's favorite anymore?

Banned
    TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coquette View Post
    Wasn't his indulgent nature simply out of spite because he isn't God's favorite anymore?
    Well, maybe. you see there are lots of translations and versions to the bible. I'm not interested in religion, I just searched for excerpts where satan participates, so I can have a better glimpse of his cognition. It seems that in some contexts, he is described as being a rebel without a cause, and in others, a rebel with a cause, and that cause being precisely not being god's favorite, dealing with pride and envy and all that stuff. One thing is for sure though, he is certainly depicted as impulsive and manipulative. Whomever came up with all this just wanted satan to be clearly depicted as an extremist and a manipulator. Probably SEE in classic function use, but very arguably, a hard type.

TIM
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, maybe. you see there are lots of translations and versions to the bible. I'm not interested in religion, I just searched for excerpts where satan participates, so I can have a better glimpse of his cognition. It seems that in some contexts, he is described as being a rebel without a cause, and in others, a rebel with a cause, and that cause being precisely not being god's favorite, dealing with pride and envy and all that stuff. One thing is for sure though, he is certainly depicted as impulsive and manipulative. Whomever came up with all this just wanted satan to be clearly depicted as an extremist and a manipulator. Probably SEE in classic function use, but very arguably, a hard type.
    I see, nonreligious

Certainly he wouldn't be so8 if he was SEE, probably sx8.
    Either he is portrayed as a sx4 ESI or sx8 SEE, which both types can be impulsive, just one doesn't think much about it while the other over intellectualizes it. But I figured sx4 > sx8 in the sense that Satan intellectualized his hatred for adam, in the sense that "Everything god says goes against everything I stand for" after he felt rejected by god. A sx8 would maybe be petty, spiteful, etc, but end of the day wouldn't actually give a fuck or hold a grudge for so long.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see, nonreligious

Certainly he wouldn't be so8 if he was SEE, probably sx8.
    Either he is portrayed as a sx4 ESI or sx8 SEE, which both types can be impulsive, just one doesn't think much about it while the other over intellectualizes it. But I figured sx4 > sx8 in the sense that Satan intellectualized his hatred for adam, in the sense that "Everything god says goes against everything I stand for" after he felt rejected by god. A sx8 would maybe be petty, spiteful, etc, but end of the day wouldn't actually give a fuck or hold a grudge for so long.
    Enneagram sucks, I will not go into that. That would probably net you sx4 as a logical option, based on infancy theories on that subtype as spoiled child, unnecessary and unapplied anger and all that bullshit, without a possible alternative. Though in socionics I can only think of him as either EIE or SEE.

TIM
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enneagram sucks, I will not go into that. That would probably net you sx4 as a logical option, based on infancy theories on that subtype as spoiled child, unnecessary and unapplied anger and all that bullshit, without a possible alternative. Though in socionics I can only think of him as either EIE or SEE.
    EIE/SEE in classic socionics or?

I go by classic socionics, and how enneagram trait structure = base function

ex

e1 = ET
    e2 = EF
    etc

it narrows things down very easily and quickly

so I had to narrow it down to ESI IF, especially since IF is more having to change the emotional sentiments, manipulate the surrounding relationships, prying on other people's sentiments, etc. Fe is going to be more concerned with appeal, seduction, mood(like the one you get through listening to music).

But I also made a simplified chart to what each IME function means in classic socionics here

Banned
    TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE/SEE in classic socionics or?

I go by classic socionics, and how enneagram trait structure = base function

ex

e1 = ET
    e2 = EF
    etc

it narrows things down very easily and quickly

so I had to narrow it down to ESI IF, especially since IF is more having to change the emotional sentiments, manipulate the surrounding relationships, prying on other people's sentiments, etc. Fe is going to be more concerned with appeal, seduction, mood(like the one you get through listening to music).

But I also made a simplified chart to what each IME function means in classic socionics here
    Interesting. I'll check it out. Yeah, it's classic socionics. It's the raw socionics that matters. I find enneagram to be too mystical rather than cognitive, where socionics is just more precise and objective. It's a preference of mine, just that.
    Satan appears to be a Fe base precisely in the sense of seduction, the registered effort the same goes through to manipulate new followers for his mission. At the same time, he appears to be a Se base in the sense of the vulgar passion for lust and sin, and of course, carnal indulgence and aggression, in the sense of the bible it's the most heinous form of aggression practiced by him, primordial antagonism.

edit: looks like I need an account to see that post. INFJ forum, is that any good? would be interesting if you made a topic here in the appropriate section of course

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucifer and Satan are not the same, they're thought as the same entity due to a translation error. Lucifer, all in all, is a fallen angel.
    Formerly known as littleblackcloud!

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After all, everything he did, turning humans against god, etc, where out of envy, spite, the bitter feeling of the likelihood that he was replaced by humans as God's favorite...
    He isn't led by the present moment, he is led by his own emotions and not at all by a sense of justice, etc. He uses his appeal and manipulation of the masses on an individual level to coat his ego, not to gain leverage in gaining material wealth, resources, etc(there is no need for him too).
    Which indicates a Betan victim. All that remains is to understand whether he is an introvert or an extrovert.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swiatlo View Post
    Lucifer and Satan are not the same, they're thought as the same entity due to a translation error. Lucifer, all in all, is a fallen angel.
    How did you reach this conclusion? In bible it seems that nobody has a proper, given name, it's more like nicknames representing their role in the "story". It is indicated that Lucifer and Satan are the same because of the characteristics and purposes. Like titles given because of certain feats one would achieve. "Lucifer" was the morning star, and when he fell, from that moment onward he became known as "Satan", the adversary. A fallen angel, lost grace, still being nicknamed morning star would be illogical after all.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did you reach this conclusion? In bible it seems that nobody has a proper, given name, it's more like nicknames representing their role in the "story". It is indicated that Lucifer and Satan are the same because of the characteristics and purposes. Like titles given because of certain feats one would achieve. "Lucifer" was the morning star, and when he fell, from that moment onward he became known as "Satan", the adversary. A fallen angel, lost grace, still being nicknamed morning star would be illogical after all.
    i haven't done a full reading on this in a good while now, but from my research is that Lucifer, as an entity, has roots in the Roman role, and Lucifer as 'the fallen star' is possibly just a renamed Canaanite god. he has never been the king of hell, who Satan is after all. Christian teologists and in some part satanists too seem to connect both Lucifer and Satan into one and the same entity, but if you take a look on writings other than christian, Lucifer is, all in all, a personification of Venus, or the morning star. He's a central figure in Luciferianism which worships him in a way as the bringer of wisdom, enlightement, and clarity. i mean, you can kinda think of him as Satan, but he's an entirely different entity, at least according to my research and what my mentor has told me.

i mean, even if you look into the net on opinions of Bible hobbyist scholars, and testimonies of Luciferian theists, there's a lot of opinions. Some say Lucifer and Satan are the same, but Lucifer as an entity isn't in biblical lore in any way (again - a translation error). What's more, I said before that he is probably taken out of the Canaanite pantheon. even as a Luciferian, I don't consider him as Satan. he's more like the guidance from the stars, the bringer of light, the enlightement. hope this helps!

Banned
    TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i haven't done a full reading on this in a good while now, but from my research is that Lucifer, as an entity, has roots in the Roman role, and Lucifer as 'the fallen star' is possibly just a renamed Canaanite god. he has never been the king of hell, who Satan is after all. Christian teologists and in some part satanists too seem to connect both Lucifer and Satan into one and the same entity, but if you take a look on writings other than christian, Lucifer is, all in all, a personification of Venus, or the morning star. He's a central figure in Luciferianism which worships him in a way as the bringer of wisdom, enlightement, and clarity. i mean, you can kinda think of him as Satan, but he's an entirely different entity, at least according to my research and what my mentor has told me.

i mean, even if you look into the net on opinions of Bible hobbyist scholars, and testimonies of Luciferian theists, there's a lot of opinions. Some say Lucifer and Satan are the same, but Lucifer as an entity isn't in biblical lore in any way (again - a translation error). What's more, I said before that he is probably taken out of the Canaanite pantheon. even as a Luciferian, I don't consider him as Satan. he's more like the guidance from the stars, the bringer of light, the enlightement. hope this helps!
    I consider Satan as a fictional character, that's all. Most christians would consider him a real, existing being but I just deal wth the facts coming from how is described, and as of course being a personality deriving of the mind of a human being who created it. Though, satan's personality is present in a lot of humans. I find this concept that satanists usually argue fascinating, not so much in the sense of adoration or anything like that but perceiving a metaphysical thing in direct and logical relation to physical things.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's bc that's what Satan is lol. he's an egregore. just as those occultists who worship Cthuhlu. I'd even argue that Hell is also an egregorian thing. it's just a thing that became reality due to mass manifestation/thought.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's bc that's what Satan is lol. he's an egregore. just as those occultists who worship Cthuhlu. I'd even argue that Hell is also an egregorian thing. it's just a thing that became reality due to mass manifestation/thought.
    I would praise Cthulhu anyday over Satan though. Cthulhu is a cosmic being, destroyer, Satan is just a human being excuse for a demigod or something. Like a superhero, it's infantile. Funnily enough Cthulhu makes more sense to praise than Satan or even god

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything based on the human figure can be typed. Even fictional characters share human characteristics which can certainly fit into any type. Satan is only a human representation, even god is, and there is backstory enough for coming to a conclusion about a type.
    If you feel that way (and also wants everyone to know that huh) I don't know why the hell you're interested in typology.
    What is a human, anyway?

'We've got to believe that God is sane, Davie boy. We'd be lost indeed if we didn't do that. But whatever happened out there'—he waved his hand round the horizon at large—'what happened there was not sane—not sane at all. It was something vast, yet something beneath the wisdom of God. So what was it? What can it have been?''

But Tribulation—' I began.

Uncle Axel moved impatiently. 'A word,' he said, 'a rusted mirror, reflecting nothing. It'd do the preachers good to see it for themselves. They'd not understand, but they might begin to think. They might begin to ask themselves: "What are we doing? What are we preaching? What were the Old People really like? What was it they did to bring this frightful disaster down upon themselves and all the world?" And after a bit they might begin to say: "Are we right? Tribulation has made the world a different place; can we, therefore, ever hope to build in it the kind of world the Old People lost? Should we try to? What would be gained if we were to build it up again so exactly that it culminated in another Tribulation?" For it is clear, boy, that however wonderful the Old People were, they were not too wonderful to make mistakes—and nobody knows, or is ever likely to know, where they were wise and where they were mistaken.'

Much of what he was saying went right over my head, but I thought I caught its gist. I said:

'But, Uncle, if we don't try to be like the Old People and rebuild the things that have been lost, what can we do?'

'Well, we might try being ourselves, and build for the world that is, instead of for one that's gone,' he suggested.

'I don't think I understand,' I told him. 'You mean not bother about the True Line or the True Image? Not mind about Deviations?'

'Not quite that,' he said, and then looked sidelong at me. 'You heard some heresy from your aunt; well, here's a bit more, from your uncle. What do you think it is that makes a man a man?

I started on the Definition. He cut me off after five words.'

It is not!' he said. 'A wax figure could have all that, and he'd still be a wax figure, wouldn't he?'

'I suppose he would.'

'Well, then, what makes a man a man is something inside him.'

'A soul?' I suggested.

'No,' he said, 'souls are just counters for churches to collect, all the same value, like nails. No, what makes man man is mind; it's not a thing, it's a quality, and minds aren't all the same value; they're better or worse, and the better they are, the more they mean. See where we're going?'
    'No,' I admitted. 'It's this way, Davie, I reckon the church people are more or less right about most deviations—only not for the reasons they say. They're right because most deviations aren't any good. Say they did allow a deviation to live like us, what'd be the good of it? Would a dozen arms and legs, or a couple of heads, or eyes like telescopes give him any more of the quality that makes him a man? They would not. Man got his physical shape—the true image, they call it—before he even knew he was man at all. It's what happened inside, after that, that made him human. He discovered he had what nothing else had, mind. That put him on a different level. Like a lot of the animals he was physically pretty nearly as good as he needed to be; but he had this new quality, mind, which was only in its early stages, and he developed that. That was the only thing he could usefully develop; it's the only way open to him—to develop new qualities of mind.' Uncle Axel paused reflectively. 'There was a doctor on my second ship who talked that way, and the more I got to thinking it over, the more I reckoned it was the way that made sense. Now, as I see it, some way or another you and Rosalind and the others have got anew quality of mind. To pray God to take it away is wrong; it's like asking Him to strike you blind, or make you deaf. I know what you're up against, Davie, but funking it isn't the way out. There isn't an easy way out. You have to come to terms with it. You'll have to face it and decide that, since that's the way things are with you, what is the best use you can make of it and still keep yourselves safe?'

I did not, of course, follow him clearly through that the first time. Some of it stayed in my mind, the rest of it I reconstructed in half-memory from later talks. I began to understand better later on, particularly after Michael had gone to school.
    The fact is, socionics should be able to help us define what a human even is in the first place. In the meantime, I don't know what a human is, I don't even know if you, I, or anyone is a human because I can't define what a human is. I guess if we're on the topic of Satan/Lucifer, then Adam and Eve could be defined as humans, and Jesus seems to also need to be defined as a human, but does anyone else?

Contrary to what the banned pedo once said, the definition of a species does not rely on being able to "born children." For one, this covers no asexual species or self-fertilizing species. Two, there are many species that are known to have freely hybridized, including prehistoric hominids. The latter fact makes defining Homo sapiens by being able to interbreed with other Homo sapiens seem particularly egregious since the ancestor species of modern hominids were a bunch of slut species and early Homo sapiens (if it predates civilization, or is even the same species still in existence) bred with Neanderthals, Cro magnons, Devinsonians, and everything else that was around at the time. Slut, slut, slut, you slut species! So defining Homo sapiens by interbreeding is a massive glaring case of the fallacy of question-begging.

Last edited by Metamorph; 02-29-2024 at 07:20 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you believe in whatever you want? Look at all the religious people who aren't convinced they're going to Heaven. Lots of people don't seem to believe what they claim to believe. People in chaos magick say you can do whatever you believe, but it seems to me like there are structurally-defined a priori limits on what's possible to believe and what's not possible to believe. People who go like "just believe!" whether it's in some chaos magick idea, radical Islamism, Calvinism, or something else entirely always seem to run up against this fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbrain View Post
    Can you believe in whatever you want? Look at all the religious people who aren't convinced they're going to Heaven. Lots of people don't seem to believe what they claim to believe. People in chaos magick say you can do whatever you believe, but it seems to me like there are structurally-defined a priori limits on what's possible to believe and what's not possible to believe. People who go like "just believe!" whether it's in some chaos magick idea, radical Islamism, Calvinism, or something else entirely always seem to run up against this fact.
    Reminds me of my recent thoughts about “do what thou wilt”. With the thelema founder guy being viewed oftentimes as a troll, it could have been that he said it in an ironic manner as in “do what you want (and see if you can)”.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche buenanoche View Post
    Reminds me of my recent thoughts about “do what thou wilt”. With the thelema founder guy being viewed oftentimes as a troll, it could have been that he said it in an ironic manner as in “do what you want (and see if you can)”.
    Crowley died absolutely destitute so I'd say he did work for the Devil and the Devil got his due. Also chaos magick does come from Crowley via Austin Osman Spare in the first place, so I would consider it as black magic. I wouldn't blame the fact it's black magic on all the cultural things chaos magicians are referencing, since it's not like Michael Moorcock came up with chaos magick. Austin Osman Spare didn't actually use any pop culture or other cultural references when I read his stuff, that seems like things other people added later to try to get people to be more into it and to be like "hey guys you can summon Cthulhu in real life if you just believe!" Cthulhu is mostly based on some Hindu mythology in the first place though like most of the Lovecraftian deities so why not just summon that if that's what you really want? It would require a lot fewer questionable practices.

One of the things that I think is really what ticks off the other black magic people such as Wiccans about chaos magick is chaos magick just boiled down black magic to a formula and Wiccans don't like what they're seeing there. Boiling down black magic to a formula makes it seem really unappealing to everyone except a few hyper-cerebral people who were intent on doing black magic to begin with, since black magic itself is unappealing in theory, Wiccans just like the folk horror kind of aesthetics of casting spells plus the apparent benefits but they don't like being reminded of what they're doing or the fact that they could have folk horror aesthetics and benefits through a better method. Gerald Gardner was also a disciple of Crowley but unlike Austin Osman Spare he tried to keep it covered up at least because the point was to try to make a more populist version of Thelema that would catch on since Thelema was too elitist. Wiccans do worship the Devil despite the frequent protests I've heard from them, though I wouldn't say all occultists necessarily do since occult just means hidden and lots of people can have esoteric beliefs that I don't think automatically lead to worshipping the Devil but you have to be careful.

Was Gerald Gardner head of the O.T.O.? – Brandy Williams (brandywilliamsauthor.com)
    Austin Osman Spare - Wikipedia

There are more articles on these two out there but this should get anyone who's interested started. The Gerald Gardner one isn't the first one I read but it says the same thing but shorter anyway.

Kyiv Troll Factory Worker ChaosConductor6669's Avatar
    TIM
    Allegory
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Egregore" learned me a new word. I forgot which middle eastern religion it was, but they openly worship Satan because they consider Earth to be the physical realm of man; whereas Heaven is a celestial body and the realm of God. They also believe that you can do as you please on Earth and because God is all-forgiving, She will just reincarnate you as somebody softer when you're reborn, like an SEI or whatever. With time, Soft will become Hard and Hard will become Soft, perhaps that's the nature of all life; then it resets again.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Creep View Post
    "Egregore" learned me a new word. I forgot which middle eastern religion it was, but they openly worship Satan because they consider Earth to be the physical realm of man; whereas Heaven is a celestial body and the realm of God. They also believe that you can do as you please on Earth and because God is all-forgiving, She will just reincarnate you as somebody softer when you're reborn, like an SEI or whatever. With time, Soft will become Hard and Hard will become Soft, perhaps that's the nature of all life; then it resets again.
    Yazidism?

Edit: Probably slightly more accurate for Yarsanism but those are almost the same anyway.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tawûsî Melek - Wikipedia

According to Yarsani doctrine, during the dowre of Shari'at, in which one is being guided by Islamic Law, Malak Tawus was labelled as Sheytan,[20] whereas in the dowre of Haqiqat (Truth), Malak Tawus is called Dawud, who is one of the seven holy Beings in Yarsanism that are referred to as the Haft Tan.[21] Thus, the Yarsanis do not curse Satan. The Yarsanis of the Kermanshah region use the name “Malek Tavus”, i.e. the Peacock Angel, which is also used by the older Yarsani texts, to designate Satan.[22]
    The Yazidi taboo against the Arabic word Shaitan (الشیطان) and on words containing the consonants š (sh) and t/ have been used to suggest a connection between Tawûsî Melek and Iblis,[2] although no evidence exists to suggest that Yazidis worship Tawûsî Melek as the same figure.
    Furthermore, Yazidis do not believe Tawûsî Melek to be a source of evil or wickedness.[8][9][10] They consider him to be the leader of the archangels, not a fallen angel.[8][10][23][24] In Mishefa Resh, Tawûsî Melek is equated with Ezrayil or Ezazil.[5]
    ...The second quote seems like a quite bad source to say Melek Taus isn't supposed to be the Devil. If it isn't Shaitan why don't they say it? But that doesn't mean to go out and kill all the Yazidis. If 100% of the Yazidis end up acting super evil because they don't actually believe in good or evil just get them for their actual deeds. But like isn't "Ezrayil or Ezazil" the same as Azrael or Azazel? Aren't those literally just a couple of later Jewish names for Lucifer or Satan (besides Heylel = Satan and of course just Satan being Hebrew to begin with in the original Hebrew Bible?)