Thread: Palin: A Genuine Danger to America, the World

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    Refuse? I said I was too lazy, and partially because if you're debating me, I expect you to be at least sufficiently aware of your own religion's holy text.

Since you need to be coddled, the second return on a Google search provided Contradictions in Genesis.

Sorry, but I have no idea what point you're trying to make here.
    Of course I'm aware of it! I just wasn't aware that there were any contradictions. I'll look at your link when I get back. I need to get to class.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
    Easy, this doesn't say they were created at the same time. It just says they were created by the same person.

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
    As for this one, the is no reference to 'then' or afterwards.' It's just reminding the reader that God created the animals.

If you don't think it's annoying, I could come up with a bunch of analogies for you. I like analogies.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    As for this one, the is no reference to 'then' or afterwards.' It's just reminding the reader that God created the animals
    The verses before that (Genesis 2:4-17) clearly state otherwise.

This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created.

When the LORD God made the earth and the heavens- 5 and no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth and no plant of the field had yet sprung up, for the LORD God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no man to work the ground, 6 but streams came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground- 7 the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being. 8 Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. 9 And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

10 A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four headwaters. 11 The name of the first is the Pishon; it winds through the entire land of Havilah, where there is gold. 12 (The gold of that land is good; aromatic resin and onyx are also there.) 13 The name of the second river is the Gihon; it winds through the entire land of Cush. 14 The name of the third river is the Tigris; it runs along the east side of Asshur. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.

15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

18 The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is going nowhere. Let me just make the point that as much as Sarah Palin hates liberals, she hates tradition much, much more. If you think American tradition is important -- hell, if you want a functional beauracracy for the next four years -- then DO NOT VOTE for the McCain/Palin ticket.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    This is going nowhere. Let me just make the point that as much as Sarah Palin hates liberals, she hates tradition much, much more. If you think American tradition is important -- hell, if you want a functional beauracracy for the next four years -- then DO NOT VOTE for the McCain/Palin ticket.
    Does tradition include things like wearing powdered wigs and dresses? 'Cause I'm in favor of that.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234