3 15.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please type: JuJu (hi!)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    no i don't think it's exclusive to IEE. but the reason we are seeing a lot of Fe from an IEE is due to juju and mccosker being on a close psychological distance and mccosker "asks" for that. being IEE, juju can dredge it up pretty well from his unconscious functions, but clearly, it's a little bit of work for him to do it.

if mccosker was interacting with a logical type, then the person wouldn't be able to respond the way juju is since they don't have substantial strength in the area of ethics.

the other interesting thing is that juju is not the only one making adjustments here. mccosker is, too. he's holding back a little bit. perhaps because what juju needs is Se minor, otherwise known as Si. but i think the key is that they both make adjustments based on what they clue into about what it takes to get along with the other person.
    well, what i'm thinking is that it probably has more to do with him being an ethical type (and maybe irrational.) and not necessarily IEE but that isn't excluded. my father is likely SLE and i think he gets along well with anyone who a) isn't controlling and b) can be sort of cheery and sweet like juju is. anyhow i was under the impression that these videos were supposed to be "natural" representations of both of them.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what kind of people make you nervous? assuming there are people who make you nervous.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    1. You remind me of Dane Cook, who's a glaring Fi ENFp, with perhaps some minor enneagram differences.
    Fair enough, although this is unverifiable.

2. You clearly seem to prominently use Ne because when you're talking about things and you're at one point, I see you jumping around to something that connects to the previous thing through a particular aspect.
    And an ISFp couldn't do this? I think not. This doesn't seem like a strong case anyway.

3. You're not Fe/Ti because through even my exchanges with you, you don't seem responsive to the energy/tone or the effect I'm trying to create by saying what I'm saying a certain way, but instead seem to be looking at what I'm saying in a more constant relational context - which reminds me of my Dad, who's Fi ENFp. It feels like you're looking at me through this overriding perspective and even if I were to do something completely dramatic, it would all fit within this built up internal context you have of me. And you seem particularly keen on noticing when people do things that are "out of context" for them, and your Fi-field conception of what things surround them.
    How is he not responsive to the tone? He is ALWAYS responsive to the tone with me. And how can you know what kind of context he's viewing you through? That makes no sense and is completely subjective.

Regarding Ti stuff, you of course understand the points I make, as anyone would, but the way you respond to it seems like you distill my Ti structure into separate bits that stand alone, and you even come to a new idea through extracting one of those distilled bits. When I present hardcore Ti to Ti-types, I feel like I can "plug into" them, like connecting tinker-toys. They seem to take on my Ti structure and when they add their own thing to it, they still preserve the initial connections they made with me. I don't see you doing that, and like I said, you take a piece of it and extract an idea frequently outside the structure.
    He distills the structure into bits? So, this is supposed to be an allusion to Te valuing, I take it? Even so, this is another unverifiable thing. How are we supposed to be convinced that he does this? And just because you can't "plug into him like a tinker toy" does not mean he is Te valuing. I mean, this just doesn't seem like an argument, really.

Justin, I am making another post responding to stuff you've said.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu
    I get along really well with my INTj brother
    Tentative, but supervision relationships aren't typically the greatest (which would be the case if you were ENFp).

I read a lot… My favorite authors are Andre Gide, Victor Hugo, and Joseph Campbell. .. These books, I find, teach me how to live—and I believe that the instruction has been helpful/inspiring.
    Again, tentative, but "teaching you how to live" -- Ti hidden agenda?? Deriving principles for guidance, like it's something you're seeking?

Implied, Niffweed--I know that we've exchanged unpleasantries in the not too long ago, but I want you to know that I really appreciate your efforts here... They're helping me Thank you both.
    smoothing over the Fe atmosphere?? lol

I grew up around a lot of rich ol’ bastards. (Not my immediate fam, I should point out.) As I grew older, (teens,) I began to find them pretentious and fake, e.g. I hated having to pretend to care about conversations that were DESPERATELY DULL, i.e. about golf and horses and beauty pageants… The most interesting topics of conversation/ activities were usually off-limits. Also, I had to dress/act in a preppy way—it wasn’t me.
    See, this sounds like a repulsion to the stodgy, aristocratic atmospheres. Not only that, but you seem to express it in a more carefree way (alpha), i.e. "I just want to have fun" -- rather than, say, a beta, who would more likely take a stance of "fuck off, I'll do what I want." Based off of vibes in that first vid and a few other subtleties, I'm leaning towards ISFp, dude.

Gide writes about freeing himself from constraints/obligations/possessions, the need to follow his impulses and to express whatever is within him—I relate strongly with these themes
    Definitely irrational, maybe IP, as they are more concerned with a more internal sort of spontaneity and freedom (the feeling it provides).

I guess I see life more as a bazaar where there are too many choices It's so hard to choose!
    valued Ne, although more likely super id, as an Ne ego type has more control over choosing from the possibilities, whereas Ne super id tends to constantly explores it -- more scattered.

I am not definite, but currently leaning towards ISFp. The only other plausible option is ENFp. Rational temperament is out the window imo, Ne/Si valuing is also clear.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Side note: this thread would be much better off if dee ceased posting. There is no need to take up thread space with convoluted misunderstandings that have no relevancy to anything.

As you were.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know JuJu's type, but I know that he and I get along extremely well. I do, however, greatly value Slacker Mom's opinions when it comes to typing IEE's and SLI's (hence my vote in this poll).
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I don't know JuJu's type, but I know that he and I get along extremely well. I do, however, greatly value Slacker Mom's opinions when it comes to typing IEE's and SLI's (hence my vote in this poll).
    Well, I can't exactly see this being the case if you are ENTj and he is ISFp. Even if he was ENFp and you ENTj, he would be your benefactor. So, maybe you're just a happy-go-lucky alpha pair. Or maybe the reasons you get along are not type-related. Either way, I see a strong case for SEI, and a decent one for IEE, but am leaning towards the former.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Well, I can't exactly see this being the case if you are ENTj and he is ISFp. Even if he was ENFp and you ENTj, he would be your benefactor. So, maybe you're just a happy-go-lucky alpha pair. Or maybe the reasons you get along are not type-related. Either way, I see a strong case for SEI, and a decent one for IEE, but am leaning towards the former.
    I get along well with IEE's. Actually, now that I think about it, the way I get along with him is a little similar to the way I get along with Kim.
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I get along well with IEE's. Actually, now that I think about it, the way I get along with him is a little similar to the way I get along with Kim.
    and how is that? how would you describe your relationship with kim?
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My inclination is to see JuJu as ENFp, although I do see why niffweed is inclined to see him as Alpha SF. Basically, JuJu is into immediate Fe+Si self-gratification and manipulation, to which niffweed is particularly sensitive, and inclined to seeing as the ultimate in idiocy. I also find that behavior annoying, fwiw.

However, I also see in JuJu's descriptions a lot to suggest valuing and ego or even leading. Also, his description of people he has the most problems with fits well an ENFp's description of how they would see ISTjs or even ISFjs.

I agree with Joy regarding Slacker Mom: she does not seem to be (or to have been) as Fe-focused as he JuJu is, as neither is Kim or Rick (both of whom I have met personally); but, anyway.

Regarding ENTj-ENFp relationships: I regard Kim as a very good friend, and I also get along with Rick when we meet; it is easy for ENTjs and ENFps to connect via and . My understanding is that Slacker Mom also generally gets along with her ENTj mother. The problem with this relationship is that, in the longer term, the ENFp finds the ENTj's lack of to be a source of stress. ENFps like having around people who will make them feel more comfortable, calm, and less stressed; not people who seem to be always so stressed themselves.

Benefit does not go "bad" so quickly, though. That is why, imo & ime, so many divorced couples are benefit relationships. It takes the daily grinding of being together to make the benefactor fed up.
    Last edited by Expat; 09-07-2008 at 05:51 PM.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    and how is that? how would you describe your relationship with kim?
    When we talk in PM's, I suppose we mostly share information about our lives. We take interest in each other's lives and try to encourage each other. We have also clarified our positions on topics on the forum in PMs. We don't talk a whole lot (she's not around much these days), but when we do we always get along well.

When I talk to JuJu in PM's, we talk more about abstract/spiritual things (including Socioncis) than we do our lives, but that kind of stuff comes up sometimes as well.

The similarity is in the ease of communication and the mutual respect. With both people, we think well of each other in rather similar ways. They respond to me similarly.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Regarding ENTj-ENFp relationships: I regard Kim as a very good friend, and I also get along with Rick when we meet; it is easy for ENTjs and ENFps to connect via and . My understanding is that Slacker Mom also generally gets along with her ENTj mother. The problem with this relationship is that, in the longer term, the ENFp finds the ENTj's lack of to be a source of stress. ENFps like having around people who will make them feel more comfortable, calm, and less stressed; not people who seem to be always so stressed themselves.

Benefit does not go "bad" so quickly, though. That is why, imo & ime, so many divorced couples are benefit relationships. It takes the daily grinding of being together to make the benefactor fed up.
    Yes, this is a good way to put it. I don't think I've ever not gotten along well with an IEE right off the bat irl. With irl SLE's, I can see why they have some of the problems they do (or how they're making potential problems) right away, but I still get along well with them right off the bat in our interactions. (I wonder if the IEE's saw me this way? )
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My inclination is to see JuJu as ENFp, although I do see why niffweed is inclined to see him as Alpha SF. Basically, JuJu is into immediate Fe+Si self-gratification and manipulation, to which niffweed is particular sensitive, and inclined to seeing as the ultimate in idiocy. I also find that behavior annoying, fwiw.
    well how can he still be the dual to an ISTp with such a high Fe focus? i mean, it's almost like, "he's nothing like any of the other ENFps, but he's still ENFp." i don't see the ISTp Fe polr to be somehow less sensitive than the INTp one. ENFp-INTp should still be quite good.

adding to this: i feel like he should probably only be ENFp or ESFj. i don't think i know him well enough either way to say or haven't yet seen anything which makes me go, "OH GOD, THAT DOES IT, TOTALLY ESFJ!" or "TOTALLY ENFP!" i'm attempting to gain a better understanding of the situation heh.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well how can he still be the dual to an ISTp with such a high Fe focus? i don't see the ISTp Fe polr to be somehow less sensitive than the INTp one. ENFp-INTp should still be quite good.
    People say he has such a high Fe focus, but I think of myself as being pretty highly Fe focused too. I certainly was when I was younger. Maybe getting older has changed that, or maybe being married to someone with an Fe PoLR. But I bet if people I know IRL knew what Fe was, they'd describe me in that way.

Anyway, people with Fe PoLRs should respond to Fe the way I respond to Ti. I don't like people expecting it of me, but I don't mind it being used when not involving me, and sometimes my husband uses it and "rescues" me from having to use it, and in those cases I am very happy he's strong at it.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well how can he still be the dual to an ISTp with such a high Fe focus? i don't see the ISTp Fe polr to be somehow less sensitive than the INTp one. ENFp-INTp should still be quite good.
    Well even ESFj-ISTp supervision relationships aren't so bad. I think that the issue comes from JuJu using his Fe as a sort of "relax, man, don't take it so seriously" weapon when arguing with niffweed, which has the effect of annoying niffweed even further. That would not be necessary, or even annoying, to an ISTp who is already into that mindset anyway.

But, yes, I do think that that high Fe focus might put ISTps off. It's as if I had been "trained" to be more -focused by my Alpha family and had gotten the idea that behaving a bit like an ENTp is the way to please people; that might have the effect of making ISFjs think I was a buffoon.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, some great posts here..! I'll try to address some of the earlier (pg. 4) insights here in this post, and then follow up this post with one addressing the ones on pg. 5.

ESFj: Having grown-up with an ESFj parent, I feel like I have a pretty good handle on the type… Our respective concerns (in terms of Socionics)–mine and my Mom’s—are VERY different. I’ve noticed that her focus is on improving the ‘immediate’ emotional environment of a situation, (or if she's angry, making the emotional environment reflect her anger.)

E.g. my older brother (ESFp) comes over to my Mom’s house and, let's say he looks sad—my Mom would say, “honey, what’s wrong? Do you want to go out and do something fun?” (Her hope is to get him to ‘forget his problems’ for a little while—this, by the way, rarely works with him and usually results in him leaving her house leaving quickly.) Conversely, if my older bro was to come over to my apartment: I recognize that he's sad, and I'm interested in why, (b/c I care about him,) in what's going on in his life... In conversation, pretty quickly he reveals what’s really going on with him, and then seem to feel better (these conversations w/ my older bro often have a joking quality to them--even w/ very serious subjects.)

Also, as to ESFj: my Mom’s Si creative is blatant, e.g. her house is immaculate; her dishes are washed; her food is fresh; her beds are made… Whenever I see her: “are you hungry?” “Get comfortable,” etc. I REALLY REALLY appreciate this from her, (much more than e.g. my ESFp brother does--he seems to barely notice it.) My apartment is the opposite--and as much as I appreciate these characteristics, it's rare that I can muster up to initiative to do any of this, what I call "up-keep."

Now, I know that I haven't provided a complete portrait of the ESFj type—I don’t have time right now--I hope you all understand… I’ll just say that I think ESFj is a longer-shot than ISFp, INFp, and ENFp. (All of this said, three of my biggest heroes: Victor Hugo, Brian Wilson, and Paul McCartney are ESFj—I wonder if this is meaningful..? Gilly has often spoken about one's heroes corresponding to one's quadra values.)

ISFp: IMO, this is more likely than ESFj… I relate to a lot of the ISFp descriptions… Strange aside, but maybe pertinent: about half of the people I’ve dated have been ISFp.

To briefly address Nick’s insights, (I’m sorry that I can’t go into these further right now--maybe on AIM?) To be honest, my relationship with my INTj brother was not very good until several years ago… (About ten years ago, he pulled a knife on me—illustrates the general tenor of the relationship to that point haha.) Emotionally, we’ve never been particularly close, (to this day,) i.e. we’ve never shared secrets. In conversation, we’ve stuck to known, ‘safe’ subjects. Regardless, as noted, we get along really well now—and I respect the hell out of him. (Talk about someone who needs his dual! My little bro. Badly.)

To address another point that you made re: rejecting Boston 'society' culture: you seem to interpret it as Alpha, e.g. “I just wanna have fun” attitude. To be honest, I reject it b/c I don’t see that society behavior as deeply meaningful—I see it as superfluous, self-indulgent, and in some ways, disgusting… In other words, I see those ppl as ‘wanting to have fun’ (I’m over-generalizing here I realize--there are some great ppl in those crowds--but for the sake of this post, please bear with me.) I want to relate to all kinds of ppl--not just ppl on the Cape--and ideally, make a genuine difference in the lives of ppl who need help… This might come across as sanctimonious—and maybe it is (sorry)—but the rejection is really not about having fun.

I agree with your analysis of Gide, btw. 100%... I think that a good case for ISFp could be made from that.

Ok, now I need to write a paper for school… But in short order, I’ll make another post to address Implied, Joy, Slacker Mom, and Expat--very good points in there… Again, I want you all to know that I really appreciate the time that you’re taking to write here.
    Last edited by JuJu; 09-07-2008 at 10:00 PM.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JuJu, just out of curiosity... How do you like (and by "like" I mean find the information easy to take in and digest) the way I explain things compared to the way some of the more knowledgeable Ti types here explain things? I'm referring partially to when I make posts about Socionics in the General subforum about information elements or model A or watever (this sort of thing, I suppose) and partially just in general (on any subject matter).
    SEE

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    JuJu, just out of curiosity... How do you like (and by "like" I mean find the information easy to take in and digest) the way I explain things compared to the way some of the more knowledgeable Ti types here explain things? I'm referring partially to when I make posts about Socionics in the General subforum about information elements or model A or watever (this sort of thing, I suppose) and partially just in general (on any subject matter).
    I really like the way that you explain things related to Socionics/Model A in "General..." I like the--please forgive me if these aren't the best words, but this is how it comes across to me--simplicity/straight-forwardness of how you present concepts vs. (what seems to me) extraneous verbosity/complexity of how some of the more knowledgeable, self-typed Ti forum members explain similar things... Reading the latter's posts, sometimes my eyes glaze over... This sort of problem concentrating, i.e. without re-reading several times, was a big problem for me in my history of science grad work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post

I agree with your analysis of Gide, btw. 100%... I think that a good case for ISFp could be made from that.

Ok, now I need to write a paper for school… But in short order, I’ll make another post to address Implied, Joy, Slacker Mom, and Expat--very good points in there… Again, I want you all to know that I really appreciate the time that you’re taking to write here.
    hi,.....i feel the same way about myself...at the going rate ISFp is probably the 2nd best label for myself...on another forum i had somebody suggest this and that marked the first time that anybody threw such a suggestion at me...'n it got me thinkin for a few days......you might want to try pretending you are ISFp for a day ...as dumb as that might sound (if you can stomach it)and see if it feels right....it didn't quite do it for me.
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like the way that you explain things related to Socionics/Model A in "General..." I like the--please forgive me if these aren't the best words, but this is how it comes across to me--simplicity/straight-forwardness of how you present concepts vs. (what seems to me) extraneous verbosity/complexity of how some of the more knowledgeable, self-typed Ti forum members explain similar things... Reading the latter's posts, sometimes my eyes glaze over... This sort of problem concentrating, i.e. without re-reading several times, was a big problem for me in my history of science grad work.
    I suppose this would suggest ENFp, as alpha NT's are the most notorious for the long-winded (sometimes convoluted) descriptions of things.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah he is pretty dissimilar to me, I don't see much of me or Jem in him. He's much more stylish, like his style is cool.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answering strrrng, Implied (twice,) Joy, and Expat... Also, to Slacker Mom, thanks for clarifying how an IEE uses Fe... This seems to be a point of contention.

Strrrng: Again, tentative, but "teaching you how to live" -- Ti hidden agenda?? Deriving principles for guidance, like it's something you're seeking?

This is very perceptive… IMO, a good argument for a Ti hidden agenda (Ti HA=IEI, SEI...) at times, (ages 18-23, especially,) I felt like I needed guidance in this area—ideas that could provide a template for me so that I could have a system to ‘live according to what I believed was right…’ I wrote down and memorized a lot of quotes by Gide, Henry Miller, Victor Hugo, Simone de Beauvoir, Sartre, etc. Quotes that I believed were applicable to how I should handle certain situations/my life.

Unfortunately, I was never able to construct a coherent system of thought from these disparate quotes… I tried to—I found it very difficult. Ultimately, I internalized the ideas/quotes to the point that I stopped trying to make a system of them… (I can still quote, e.g. “Rather than hold opinions, hold only sympathies.” –Hugo.) I admit it—I could not connect the dots. Regardless, through this study, I believe I became more compassionate—whereas before I was openly scornful and aggressive… Rebellious, as I said in an earlier post… Not “I wanna have fun man” rebellious; “go fuck yourself” aggressive.

Implied: what kind of people make you nervous? assuming there are people who make you nervous.

This is a good question… People who expect me to, e.g. be on time, and to do as I said I would back when I originally made a commitment—I recognize that this attitude is reasonable on their parts; regardless, it makes me nervous b/c in first making the commitment, I was probably just being charitable, and now, almost invariably, I wanna do something different with my time…

People who come on very strong, sexually or otherwise—I wonder what other crazy things they’re capable of, (e.g. recently an INFp slashed my tires b/c I wouldn’t reciprocate romantic feelings…)

People who can control me via documentation—I’m not good at keeping accurate documentation, and thus I feel like I’m at the mercy of a lot of bureaucracies… My parents, ESFj and ISXj, are very good at keeping records—their strengths have made me feel particularly deficient.

People who expect me to ‘suck it up,’ (pain) so to speak, or ‘take it like a man’ (criticism)—I’m thinking of one douchebag football coach I had during HS… Everyday before practice I would feel like I was walking to the gallows…

I feel nervous interacting with ppl who I know are predisposed to disliking me, e.g. on this forum, Niffweed and some others… My ideal would be: some (genuine, non-superficial) understanding reached between us… But I feel nervous, b/c I feel like I have to be ‘on guard.’

People who I can perceive judge me negatively b/c, in the past, I did some things that they’re against ‘on principle.’ e.g. shot heroin, sucked dick haha… These ppl make me nervous b/c I can tell they’re not interacting with me as an authentic person—they’re interacting with a person who ‘is so bad as to ____.’

In some of the aforementioned situations, it takes all of my effort and restraint to act without hostility. If I can think of anything else re: these questions, I’ll post it.

Joy: The similarity is in the ease of communication and the mutual respect.

Yes. This is exactly how I would describe my communication with Joy... In my opinion, she’s an excellent communicator of complex ideas, (e.g. she’s written things about Socionics, among other things, that’ve increased my understanding greatly.) Furthermore, I greatly respect her desire to improve herself, and admire who she is as a person… Whatever the inter-type relation is, it’s a good one.

Expat: “Basically, JuJu is into immediate Fe+Si self-gratification and manipulation.”

To be honest, I don’t understand where you get this… It is offensive, you know, to read that I am “into manipulation.”

In order to come to this conclusion, I feel like you’d have to have misread my motives several times… I hope that we can get this straightened around... I do appreciate you and your thoughtful analysis as always.

Implied: “well how can he still be the dual to an ISTp with such a high Fe focus?”

Maybe that’s my trouble in attracting an ISTp dual..? Currently, I don’t have an ISTp friend—I just moved, but still—also, I’ve never been in a romantic relationship with an ISTp.

I’ve been in a romantic relationship with an INTp, and it was probably the most satisfying relationship I’ve had to this point… During it, in retrospect, my Fe definitely dipped… I’ve never felt so much ‘myself’ as in that relationship.

Honestly, I believe that my behavior re: Fe has been shaped by my upbringing—my family values Fe >Fi. (My older brother, ESFp, is my half-brother--he hasn’t been around much… Also, I can’t tell whether my Dad is ISTj or ISFj, basically b/c he’s had to wear a ‘public face’ for 40-something years and at this point, I can’t tell the natural from the learned… Furthermore, our paths rarely crossed, and we’ve never had a ‘heart-to-heart.’) Most of my girlfriends growing up were beta, i.e. ‘like my Mom.’

Thank you for the questions/analysis so far… I want to repeat that I’m not looking for any kind of consensus re: type—just hopefully insight, to the extent that ppl are willing to provide it… Maybe I’ll talk with some of you later on Aim..?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is very perceptive… IMO, a good argument for a Ti hidden agenda (Ti HA=IEI, SEI...) at times, (ages 18-23, especially,) I felt like I needed guidance in this area—ideas that could provide a template for me so that I could have a system to ‘live according to what I believed was right…’ I wrote down and memorized a lot of quotes by Gide, Henry Miller, Victor Hugo, Simone de Beauvoir, Sartre, etc. Quotes that I believed were applicable to how I should handle certain situations/my life.
    Maybe it could also be Te hidden agenda -- building up information over time but not systematizing it.

People who expect me to ‘suck it up,’ (pain) so to speak, or ‘take it like a man’ (criticism)—I’m thinking of one douchebag football coach I had during HS… Everyday before practice I would feel like I was walking to the gallows…
    The impression I get from this and a few other previous posts was that your football coach was ISTj and you hated that absolute, structuralist attitude.

Honestly, I believe that my behavior re: Fe has been shaped by my upbringing—my family values Fe >Fi
    Yeah, I was considering this before.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well even ESFj-ISTp supervision relationships aren't so bad. I think that the issue comes from JuJu using his Fe as a sort of "relax, man, don't take it so seriously" weapon when arguing with niffweed, which has the effect of annoying niffweed even further. That would not be necessary, or even annoying, to an ISTp who is already into that mindset anyway.
    this i imagine as well. i don't think it's really out of it that a lot of the self-typed ISTps here are wary to see him as a dual.

But, yes, I do think that that high Fe focus might put ISTps off. It's as if I had been "trained" to be more -focused by my Alpha family and had gotten the idea that behaving a bit like an ENTp is the way to please people; that might have the effect of making ISFjs think I was a buffoon.
    possibly. i'll accept that as i think i often have to play the role of a beta or something for the benefit of my beta parents. or that i'm sort of used to deal with betas even if i don't always love it. away from home, i think i have a totally different set of rules and way of living. i've at least somewhat adapted, i think, to be more opinionated and have tons of answers-on-demand, even if not informed, which is sort of what i see ENFjs as wanting. so i could understand that sort of adaptation (especially after having learned socionics.) but then i think it's different if the quadra member to which you are adapting is family versus just some random guy juju met on the board. but then i suppose i can relate and not really criticize too much for it based off that. i also have a rather Fe-valuing family.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW I definitely identify with what Juju said about wanting a "model" for life, having reference points for how to handle certain situations in life, etc...part of my frustration with my father has always been, according to me during therapy sessions, "He never taught me how to be a man."
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Note: IEIs are romantics and probably feel the most pain when they don't get love, but only an unhealthy IEI would resort to property damage. =p

It's funny you mention that, this IEI I was involved in (two IEIs is extremely loving, omg it's like two souls sent from heaven at times, but of course it's also painful as fuck) said that I should slash somebody's tires for mistreating me.

How long did you know this IEI for? (I'm naturally inclined to feel sorry for her though as you know, Identicals tend to do that with each other) I only seek out people I know that like me back, and I can usually tell. I'm well aware that unrequited love would make me go psycho, so that's why I also tend to be the one that lets others approach first.

Now you see part of the reason as to why IEIs are so passive? They're the Hearts, (Animus) and need to have deep, intimate psychological connection with their partners probably greater than any type.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think it's really out of it that a lot of the self-typed ISTps here are wary to see him as a dual.
    I'm not sure if I'm even understanding the above statement correctly, but the only self-typed ISTps who responded to the poll--SongofSappho and Jessica129--selected ENFp... So where are you getting "wary?" Maybe you're referring Winterpark..? To my knowledge, he's the only self-typed ISTp who's made a statement, i.e. "I used to see JuJu as ENFp, but now I'm not so sure..."

B&D I knew that INFp for three-four weeks... Yup, slashed my tires.

Gilly--man, it was strange to read that--I've said the EXACT same sentence.
    Last edited by JuJu; 09-08-2008 at 05:14 AM.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Justin, I want to hear more about this football coach lol. If he is in fact ISTj, I'm sure your descriptions will be incredibly entertaining - not to mention revealing, if you are ENFp. You mentioned the "shut up and suck it up" attitude and how you "felt like you were going to the barracks" or something of that sort. This was redolent of how my ENFp brother tends to respond to the beta attitude. It's like he just wants some Si given to him and utterly despises it when that absolute structure is thrown in his face. As opposed to me, who always loved being "bullied" by coaches - it let me know they were serious and competent, in a sense. Now, it's not as if an ISFp would respond positively to a military-style ISTj coach, but they wouldn't loathe it in the same way as an ENFp; they could probably adapt more.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As opposed to me, who always loved being "bullied"
    Now I understand when my SEI friend was talking about his SLE swimming coach. Some people left the class because they felt abused by the instructor.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm at least for now tentatively typing you as ENFp, based on the conversation i had with you last night. i think a lot of what we talked about points to weak Si and even weaker Se, personally. i'm curious, if anyone can point out where Si is with juju. i think that using a lot of is something that is fairly agreed upon though. at any rate, my impressions were that of someone with maybe -role function, just sort of based on some of the stuff you said. it kind of reminds me of ENFps and INFjs sort of assuming good in everyone then being shocked when it isn't there. in that sort of light, i think you make a lot of sense as delta NF.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    you should post another video, but where you talk more, much more, on different topics, that you choose. the likelihood of your type clarifying out will increase greatly.
    videos are always good.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    actually something came to mind: i think Ju Ju and BLorence or what's his nick, are same types. i see significant visual similarity. Ju Ju suddely also became quite similar, as i realised it, to a guy i know, who i strongly suspect to be ILI. he always hangs around w/ an LIE girl and his values are definitely gamma. he is always quite, though social, likes to insult for fun, though mostly with unspoken permission of the partner, does, talks and revolves in Te and Fi. i think the way he operates is way, way more IP than IJ too.
    that, i do not see. i do see mune as kind of similar to juju, though. but recall that he's also considered SEI as a possible type.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smccoscker
    ENFp
    ESTp
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTp
    i'm going to assume that this is referring to smccosker being ESTp and not juju.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Sean (that's his name, right?) is most likely ESTp too.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I think Sean (that's his name, right?) is most likely ESTp too.
    yeah, i like ESTp-ENFp for them at the moment.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm going to assume that this is referring to smccosker being ESTp and not juju.
    Yes lol.

And I think ENFp works for Justin. I can't really see Si base anymore. He seems too outwardly exploratory in his videos, like looking at "Ne potential" or whatever - as if that is his natural state.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that, i do not see. i do see mune as kind of similar to juju, though. but recall that he's also considered SEI as a possible type.
    I don't perceive similarities w/ munenori beyond surface qualities like male, brown hair, larger-than-average biceps, and a propensity to be respectful to others.

He is more quiet--albeit more chummy w/ forum members--but has a totally different (i.e. much 'lighter') sense of humor than me... As you'll note from reading our respective typing threads, our lives/interests are totally different.

Mune reminds me quite a bit of this person, (who's very different than me
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=19835

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTp-ENFp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    I don't perceive similarities w/ munenori beyond surface qualities like male, brown hair, larger-than-average biceps, and a propensity to be respectful to others.
    um, well, what i was referring to was more or less a propensity to be respectful to others. you also more or less come off as friendly and open, which is something else i see you having in common. i would basically say i see you as more similar to munenori than blauritson, who i think is rather and probably as well, from the little i've talked to blauritson. i would agree that you seem generally more edgy re: humor.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast