Thread: EIE/ENFj hobbies, pastimes, and interests

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    i would like to contribute now that i know my mil was EIE...

her hobbies were reading, reading, reading, mostly as she got older. but, we're going through her books now and they are all soooo Fe/Ni in nature. i'm appreciating her nature more, now...her way of being and seeing everything.

she was a big journaler and NPR listener. she loved the opera, symphony, art museums, anything history, rich in culture, rich in melancholy. she was a huge advocate of "the poor". the stereotype of a protestor is not off too much. she did her fair share in the 60s and 70s.

i'm sure there are others i don't know about, she was a very private person in many ways, always asking about others...
    I got a bit carried away replying to Winterpark and didn't notice this. I can, on a whole, identify with a lot of those interests. I've always loved the symphony and I've a convert to the opera, after idolatrie dragged me when we were in NY. I live through books and writing, I have always kept a journal (which my friends used to read for fun, strange people that they were), loved history - when I was young, I would read the Encyclopedia Britannica about the lives of past historical figures and wars, instead of doing typical things like 'playing with dolls etc' - and you can always make happy by taking me to an art gallery or museum. I basically wanted to live in the Metropolitan Museum of Art when I was in NY. And there is always something, somewhere, making my heart break.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hobbies - anything and everything. Something for every awake moment. Something to keep the EIE occupied at all times. It is very stressful to do NOTHING.

In my case - watching anime, watching series from computer (e.g. "My name is Earl"), going to the cinema, cross-stitching (plus knitted a scarf last winter), learning Japanese because it's cool. Trying to learn to speed-read (reading books), reading internet comics, making webpages, drawing, learning computer arts, D&D (playing and DM'ing), chatting with people in messenger, a couple of forums, reading articles about nutrition. Going out pubbing, going out clubbing, going out to play pool.

...I'm sure I forgot some things.
    Plus I'm going to driver's licence classes, aerobics and I have half time job.

So you might be wondering where I get so much time to do all those things. Easy, I am always doing something. I have one night per week when I just slouch in front of a computer, if lucky. 4-5 nights per week are spent socially (pub/D&D/movie night)Usually I'm optimizing my schedule - morning work, afternoon aerobiks, evening D&D. If I have plans to go to a club at 21.00, then I spend 16-20 making the webpage, because I had work until 16.00. I used to think this kind of active life will never be for me, but tempo kept increasing and I felt just as good as earlier, and I felt more productive, so I never really tried to decrease tempo.

And you might be wondering why I never come to Stickam - I have other things to do. When I sit there, I either end up feeling aggitated like I should be doing something else or I start doing other things at the same time - like the times I was building the website when I should have been chatting... Or I was reading news online, or ended up chatting with someone in messenger...
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    And you might be wondering why I never come to Stickam - I have other things to do. When I sit there, I either end up feeling aggitated like I should be doing something else or I start doing other things at the same time - like the times I was building the website when I should have been chatting... Or I was reading news online, or ended up chatting with someone in messenger...
    but I miss you! (people are doing other shit on stickam all the time, don't worry about it. Just go on and let me watch what you do while you do it )

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    but I miss you! (people are doing other shit on stickam all the time, don't worry about it. Just go on and let me watch what you do while you do it )
    lol.
    Okay, I'll come. But not today - I have D&D. And thursday is planned. Wednesday after driver's licence class is free (free=I was planning on working behind the computer, but I am behind the computer at home, so I might as well also come to Stickam.).
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a big difference between getting a joke and actually thinking it's amusing in any way. I got the joke...
    Sorry to offend.

Creepy-bg

lol.
    Okay, I'll come. But not today - I have D&D. And thursday is planned. Wednesday after driver's licence class is free (free=I was planning on working behind the computer, but I am behind the computer at home, so I might as well also come to Stickam.).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unefille View Post
    I got a bit carried away replying to Winterpark and didn't notice this. I can, on a whole, identify with a lot of those interests. I've always loved the symphony and I've a convert to the opera, after idolatrie dragged me when we were in NY. I live through books and writing, I have always kept a journal (which my friends used to read for fun, strange people that they were), loved history - when I was young, I would read the Encyclopedia Britannica about the lives of past historical figures and wars, instead of doing typical things like 'playing with dolls etc' - and you can always make happy by taking me to an art gallery or museum. I basically wanted to live in the Metropolitan Museum of Art when I was in NY. And there is always something, somewhere, making my heart break.
    oh, i can feel the energy of you two is the same. it's very light, airy, yet strong and in control. and "making my heart break." oh, that was sooo her. i'm sorry, i just don't think i appreciated her and her energy as much as seeing her through your posts.........thank you again.....(i feel this is her way of sharing herself with me through you. sorry if anyone thinks that's weird, but it's how i feel)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    oh, i can feel the energy of you two is the same. it's very light, airy, yet strong and in control. and "making my heart break." oh, that was sooo her. i'm sorry, i just don't think i appreciated her and her energy as much as seeing her through your posts.........thank you again.....(i feel this is her way of sharing herself with me through you. sorry if anyone thinks that's weird, but it's how i feel)
    It's a bit weird to think of myself as conveying so much of this woman to you, but I don't mind it at all - I'm glad that any of what I'm writing is helpful to you in anyway.
    Last edited by unefille; 09-03-2008 at 03:33 AM.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

TIM
    EIE Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really think that EIE's are boring
    ENFj Ni subtype 3w4
    "And once you lose your way you have two choices. Find the person you used to be or lose that person completely"
    formerly onetreehilluver

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onetreehilluver View Post
    Nah, you're just being a drama queen.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onetreehilluver View Post
    I disagree. Actually I'm really surprised that anyone would pick out EIE as the boring type.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never been called boring. I have been called a lot of other negative things: hysterical, melodramatic, high strung, pretentious, neurotic, hyperactive, interesting, scary, hilarious, memorable etc., but boring? No.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

TIM
    EIE Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got called all those and boring.
    ENFj Ni subtype 3w4
    "And once you lose your way you have two choices. Find the person you used to be or lose that person completely"
    formerly onetreehilluver

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can be very boring.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dad's hobbies include:

• Sports - playing and watching (His health no longer allows him to play but he was a really good baseball player. He watches mainly baseball and college football.) He used to golf too but his health no longer allows him to do that.
    • He's a huge history buff and in fact was a history teacher. He reads books about history all the time. He's also interested in current events but mainly in how they tie into historical trends. He loves to argue about this kind of thing.
    • Crossword puzzles. That's where I got my interest in them - we used to do them together when I was a kid.
    • Hanging out with people. It really is like a hobby for him because he can not sit still in one place and HAS to get out, so he has several places he can go where he knows he'll run into friends, and he drives around from place to place every day.
    • He plays solitaire a lot. Like with cards. I've never known anyone to play it as much as he does. He has issues with depression and that's one way you can tell he's having trouble - he'll just sit and play solitaire for hours on end. But when he's OK he likes to play and chat with people at the same time.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    I bump this thread becuase i think winterpark and unefille looks so good together. just look at this post, there is so much love, all that was about a few months ago, now theya re fighting like an angry animal, I really don't know what to say.
    We are NOT fighting like angry animals. And I wish you (and anyone else who wants to get on board) wouldn't bring this issue up anymore -- it's like poking a pustule. If you keep poking it, it's more likely to burst. The only way it goes away is to leave it alone.

Look, I'll even put in a smiley to show that I'm not angry [], but I really don't think rehashing this is a good idea -- least of all if you know what EIEs are like and how they react to things.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are NOT fighting like angry animals. And I wish you (and anyone else who wants to get on board) wouldn't bring this issue up anymore -- it's like poking a pustule. If you keep poking it, it's more likely to burst. The only way it goes away is to leave it alone.

Look, I'll even put in a smiley to show that I'm not angry [], but I really don't think rehashing this is a good idea -- least of all if you know what EIEs are like and how they react to things.
    but you have to admit that his avatar matches with your avatar?
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are NOT fighting like angry animals.
    I CONCUR.

And I wish you (and anyone else who wants to get on board) wouldn't bring this issue up anymore -- it's like poking a pustule. If you keep poking it, it's more likely to burst. The only way it goes away is to leave it alone.
    What I really can't seem to understand is, WHAT IS THERE TO BURST? And what exactly is 'this issue'? I seem to be getting oblivious...

(In regards to what I said in the other thread,) It was honestly not my intention to aggravate you in the least, and I truly feel sorry that it happened. You managed to successfully 'return the favor' though, but screw my feelings. At this point, I I'd feel much better if I knew you weren't upset or mad at me.
    Last edited by Park; 04-04-2009 at 04:16 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.