Thread: Parenting and type (Se vs Si valuing)

Hybrid View

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    Unfortunately, "obedience" is a loaded word and probably doesn't say exactly what I mean. If your son were to sell some things of his at a garage sale, would you just let him buy whatever he wanted? My daughter earned over $75 at our garage sale this spring and I didn't say a word about what she bought (toys that might very well end up in our next garage sale btw). My mom would have made me put part in savings when I was a kid. That's an example that might be relevant for you that doesn't involve the specific idea of "obedience".
    I'd encourage him to consider all of the different things he could do with it and the pros and cons of each of them. I'd only flat out tell him that he couldn't buy something if it was obviously ridiculous though. I don't make him save his money, but I encourage him to. His dad makes him save all of his birthday and christmas money that he gets at his house, and to me this seems sort of pointless.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I'd encourage him to consider all of the different things he could do with it and the pros and cons of each of them. I'd only flat out tell him that he couldn't buy something if it was obviously ridiculous though. I don't make him save his money, but I encourage him to. His dad makes him save all of his birthday and christmas money that he gets at his house, and to me this seems sort of pointless.
    What do you mean by 'obviously ridiculous'?