Thread: Stratiyevskaya machine translations

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoodrat View Post
    sigh....

with idiots like you around this place, the only way i'm going to get the socionics community that i want is to take up donations to pay rick to work on wikisocion full time
    no, i'm pretty sure rick has no interest in doing that. the only way you can circumvent me is to get your own domain space and do it yourself. i swear i will do everything to make your experience as miserable as i possibly can.

however, if you are so determined, perhaps you could contact users dioklecian and hugo, who have oft spoken of similar pursuits. they have somewhat less stringent character standards. however i'd suggest not telling them too much about yourself and keeping an eye on your wallet at all times.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when you say similar pursuits, you mean accepting payment to work on socionics full time?

and naw, I think I'll stick to wikisocion. I think it's good to have people like me and you as a "checks and balance" so to speak when collaborating on something that will be read by so many different types

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm working on the IEI one at the moment
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    I'm working on the IEI one at the moment
    Good Good! I know it takes a while and you'll probably have to break it into a bunch of sessions. But I figure once it gets done it'll well be worth the effort... I dunno what it is but the way that the Stratievskaya IM/function breakdowns are written really appeals to me. Thanks for helping misutii

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Good! I know it takes a while and you'll probably have to break it into a bunch of sessions. But I figure once it gets done it'll well be worth the effort... I dunno what it is but the way that the Stratievskaya IM/function breakdowns are written really appeals to me. Thanks for helping misutii
    lol I know, re-wording some of the weird russian phrases is a bitch but I'm slowly getting through it. Last year I cleaned up all the Filatova type descriptions and it was a bit easier because she used shorter sentences. btw which types have already been cleaned up?
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    lol I know, re-wording some of the weird russian phrases is a bitch but I'm slowly getting through it. Last year I cleaned up all the Filatova type descriptions and it was a bit easier because she used shorter sentences. btw which types have already been cleaned up?
    I'm still trudging through the SEE one, simply due to lack of time, but school is cooling off, so I hope to hit as much of gamma as I can. After SEE I'll probably go ILI -> LIE -> ESI, then alpha if I get that far and am still motivated, lol. Ritalin really helps me when I'm reading these shitty translations. Helps me read the sentence better all together at once, if that makes sense. I recommend coming by some if you can!

Ritalin really helps me when I'm reading these shitty translations. Helps me read the sentence better all together at once, if that makes sense. I recommend coming by some if you can!
    That's just totally stupid, I recommend not.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still trudging through the SEE one, simply due to lack of time, but school is cooling off, so I hope to hit as much of gamma as I can. After SEE I'll probably go ILI -> LIE -> ESI, then alpha if I get that far and am still motivated, lol. Ritalin really helps me when I'm reading these shitty translations. Helps me read the sentence better all together at once, if that makes sense. I recommend coming by some if you can!
    do you know where the original russian versions of the descriptions can be located online? I'd like to try machine translating it using a different translator, with the Filatova ones I used a translator that often gave 2 options for words (the second option would appear in brackets, i.e. sky (heavens). In the IEI description I sometimes have no idea what she's (Stratievskaya's)... trying to say because it's strewn with sarcasm and analogies that don't translate well into english.
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ritalin really helps me when I'm reading these shitty translations.
    Haha, I pretty much need to be on adderall in order to concentrate on this type of project long enough to actually accomplish anything, and I've stopped taking it again. Chances are pretty good I'll start taking it again in like a week though.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/