Quote Originally Posted by unefille View Post
I do know that I prefer other people to initiate physical contact/touch etc. I mean, this could be type indicative, or it could be that I just wasn't hugged a lot as a child. My family isn't big on hugging. I get hugged a lot more now, because I initiate with my parents. They're not very...touchy-feely people.

[...]

This is what I've always thought as well. For more clarity, the friend in case is SEE - one of the few people I am still convinced after everything that I've typed correctly and I've never enjoyed being hugged by her. Uh, this is going to sound a bit weird, but she sort of pushes you up against her really tightly and squeezes and I'm not very comfortable with that.

[...]

Well, to be fair (and I'm not arguing FOR EIE), I think that's a misrepresentation. Firstly, I remember that incident very clearly because it was a strange situation. For some reason, seeing her coming toward me, all this very pushy warmth, I suddenly didn't want to hug her. I didn't feel overwhelmed by her, I think, I simply didn't want to hug her. I also wasn't awkward in the way I dodged her, I knew my response would make her laugh, because I positioned myself very close and next to her, arm in arm.
Interesting. My EIE best friend is exactly the same. I'm always ready to show him the love, but he rejects any physical contact "unless in the arms of a woman I love". Even then, when his earlier girlfriends were quite forwardly physical with him, he was still a bit uncomfortable. And when you ask him directly "why?" he replies with "I just don't want to!", and he gets increasingly defensive the more you persevere.

I don't like being hounded by these particular guys, it's true, but in any case, I'm not sure it means anything, but the guys were (if they were typed correctly, and I still believe they were) LII, ILE and LIE. None of them were straight-forward about their 'pursuit', except for the LIE who finally got very drunk, declared his love, and cursed me when I turned him down and told him I had a boyfriend, which I wasn't very impressed by.
I bet if any of those guys were an SLE, they would've got you.

On a serious note, though, LII would've been a good bet.

It was definitely the 'pursuit by stealth' aspect that annoyed me, more than the constant hounding. Because they weren't willing to openly express their intentions, I wasn't able to open reject them, so I had to constantly field these phone-calls, emails, and meetings with civility and some warmth. I've never liked people who I see as 'spineless' and they were definitely moving toward that territory.
And this is exactly why the EIE needs the LSI more than the LII; the LII is likely to pursue the EIE in a far less direct approach which the ESE will appreciate, but which the EIE will find somewhat annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune View Post
6s tend to go through enneagram/personality types like Kleenex. You're a Gilly-go-round.
Yeah, there's a 6w7 on EIDB called Shinobi Shaw. He literally changes his type every time I post on the board (about once a week).

And I'm also saying that ALL of what you wrote encompasses my observations of a IEE 7w8 I am acquainted with.
I'd love to meet an IEE 7w8.

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune View Post
EIE seems valid for you. -leading makes sense to me.
I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
Sounds like a beta ST giving the beta NF direction, imo.
Agreed.

Yes (niffweed), this is correct.
Are you agreeing with her or saying that the bullshit she is denying about Betas is actually true?

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
I was going to reply to this seriously but then as I reread it I realised it might be a joke. I'm still not sure. This was hilarious though: "I don't think anyone is properly reading what you're saying if they are going "BETA" or "EIE" repetitively like a mindless dickhead." Anyway, what I was going to say, regardless of whether this is a joke or not, is that (I agree that) we should be aware of the danger of settling on one hypothesis and then interpreting what's been said to fit with it, rather than evaluating the hypotheses to ensure they fit with what's been said
I was being serious. And I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
I am glad that Scarlettlux has ended up being a clearly typed EIE. Also, it seems to me that unefille is also clearly EIE. cool.
Welcome to Beta, unefille.

Yes. Yes. YES. Another brick in the wall. Another soldier in the ranks of Beta. Another piece of the puzzle. The puzzle which I will complete. The puzzle which leads us toVICTORY.

I agree with this. I like the occasional energetic (=rowdy) party, but mostly it's all about medium-sized groups of up to 7 people. Okay, well 7 people sounds like a lot, enough for a decent party, but I know all of these people well and definitely not just superficially. I think betas are even nicer than people of other quadras - we will accept new people to join in on the fun. The groups are rarely exclusive to life-time pals.
YES. One thing I really don't like about Te/Fi types is their cliquishness; exclusiveness; "you can't sit with us" attitude. I could swear the Plastics in Mean Girls is headed by an SEE.