Thread: Questions for EIEs-ENFjs about leading Fe function

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Sharing stories is important to IEEs, because they really do not know what to think of something until they have told someone about it, perhaps even coming to the conclusion that their thoughts were erroneous. I doubt an EIE has such a need to resolve this kind of insecurities, but perhaps a confident EIE can talk about that.
    Hmm. I'm pretty certain I don't want someone to share the story with in order to have them clarify what I thought of the events. I travelled with idolatrie and sometimes we're telling the stories and she's got a different spin on something, and I don't hesitate to correct her. I don't doubt my own memories or what actually happened.

I enjoy telling stories, generally. I find it entertaining, for both myself and other people. I like sharing experiences with people because then they also become a source of memory for me. Like once, walking down a street with the sun shining, I was suddenly reminded of some happy things that took place around the same time the year before, because of the weather. And I could call someone who went on that trip with me to talk to them about it, which made it nice, because I like that shared sense of remembrance.

I'm definitely keeping the 'playing the role of teacher' thing in mind, but different teachers, valuing different things, would probably affect different personas.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unefille
    I like sharing experiences with people because then they also become a source of memory for me. Like once, walking down a street with the sun shining, I was suddenly reminded of some happy things that took place around the same time the year before, because of the weather. And I could call someone who went on that trip with me to talk to them about it, which made it nice, because I like that shared sense of remembrance.
    Again, this feels more beta - specifically, Ni > Si. When Si people recollect events, it tends to have a detailed quality, as if they are experiencing it again. The way you described it points more to Ni, as their recollections of things tend to have a more abstract quality, as if they are experiencing the underlying vibe of it again.

For example: this morning I was awake, and I saw the school bus come. I have graduated high school, but when I looked at the school bus, my Ni immediately went back into the past and, combined with Fe vibes, placed me in the "mind state" from this past school year. I was able to feel the underlying vibes of where I was at, see my perspective on things, etc.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes; I think when Si-valuing types recount past events they probably tend to do more sensory association: what the sun felt like on your skin, the specific way the light was playing on water; with Ni-valuing types, I think there tends to be a more nostalgic quality, as if everything comes back in a rush, all at once, and you get a kind of summation of the emotional experience of the "time-space" that is being recalled.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Yes; I think when Si-valuing types recount past events they probably tend to do more sensory association: what the sun felt like on your skin, the specific way the light was playing on water; with Ni-valuing types, I think there tends to be a more nostalgic quality, as if everything comes back in a rush, all at once, and you get a kind of summation of the emotional experience of the "time-space" that is being recalled.
    FO SHO NIGGA
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Yes! Like I'm walking somewhere I spent a lot of time in the past and suddenly, all this remembered feeling comes rushing back. I feel the exact despair, joy, misery I felt when I was last there: places especially have a really strong emotional resonance for me. And sometimes, certain sounds suddenly transport me from the present into the past and there is this really strong sense of nostalgia that can be quite overwhelming.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABE TABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETA BETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABE TABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETA BETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABE TABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETA BETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABE TABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETA
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*reaches for the CASE CLOSED stamp*

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol that made me kind of giddy for a second, both writing it and seeing people agreeing with it...h3h Socionics is cool sometimes.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am still kind of giddy-ing...this kind of thing really charges me up for some reason, lol...I was about to go to sleep but now I think I'll have another bowl of Rice Krispy Treat Cereal

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unfille, you sound very beta. Either EIE Ni subtype or IEI.

Sybtypes are rather general things. People have written very different descriptions for subtypes. But basically the main principle is that people often use one of their ego block function more than the other one. Fe subtype is very lively and active, very clearly Fe-dominant and clearly EJ temperament. If you're gonna mistake it for another type, it'll probably be ESFj. Ni subtype focuses on Ni and it makes them contemplative and a bit more calm and relaxed. They almost seem like their mirror type - IEI because Ni seems to lead their attitude more than Fe.

You seem EIE Ni subtype. That means you may seem like IEI, but you still have Si PoLR, Se Hidden agenda, etc. You are also inclined to take the lead in everyday matters because you become impatient when observing events from sidelines too long. It's likely you want to know the general direction of events and it feels uneasy when you're just going with the flow without a direction.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    unfille, you sound very beta. Either EIE Ni subtype or IEI.
    We are not giving her to Beta. Period.

(Deltas, please support me here.)

And it's "unefille", not "unfille", you Si deficient Betazoid!
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unefille View Post
    Hmm. I'm pretty certain I don't want someone to share the story with in order to have them clarify what I thought of the events. I travelled with idolatrie and sometimes we're telling the stories and she's got a different spin on something, and I don't hesitate to correct her. I don't doubt my own memories or what actually happened.
    this is not quite what I meant. What I meant was, that once you have shared a story you are excited or troubled about, you have 'objectified' it, even when the other person says nothing at all. Once told, it becomes part of the outer world so you can look at it more objectively, perhaps you apply some minor corrections, and then you can let it go and be done with. But perhaps this is too much of an abstract story. I often tell people: words are like little boats we use to carry over emotions from one person to another. So it's a sort of emotional release thing. You need other people for that. Now perhaps you can imagine, from a theoretical perspective, that a base-Fe person has way better control over their emotion expression and thus a lesser need to use other people for emotional release. I hypothesize that a base-Fe person can do emotional release all by themselves, privately. But his won't help you, as it is just a hypothesis

Edit: basically I'm saying IEEs release emotions to get rid of them, EIEs to solidify them. Does that make sense?

I enjoy telling stories, generally. I find it entertaining, for both myself and other people. I like sharing experiences with people because then they also become a source of memory for me. Like once, walking down a street with the sun shining, I was suddenly reminded of some happy things that took place around the same time the year before, because of the weather. And I could call someone who went on that trip with me to talk to them about it, which made it nice, because I like that shared sense of remembrance.
    This sounds like Ni to me, but doesn't have to contradict IEE either, because occasionally, IxEs privately get hit by flashes of Ni too. The shared remembrance thing sounds like Fe to me.

I'm definitely keeping the 'playing the role of teacher' thing in mind, but different teachers, valuing different things, would probably affect different personas.
    Exactly, but IEEs have Fe and Ni in the id block, so are capable of playing that role and look like EIEs.

I'm not helping you out very much, I'm afraid.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Edit: basically I'm saying IEEs release emotions to get rid of them, EIEs to solidify them. Does that make sense?

I'm not helping you out very much, I'm afraid.
    I think it does, but I'm not sure what I do, or what I'm doing exactly. I guess, I don't really need to expel my emotions. I've noticed that some people, when they're upset, have to let it out. I have no problem holding it in and controlling what I'm feeling. I try to be considerate about whom I let out my feelings to. I talk about my feelings a lot as well, not in a dramatic way and not to everyone, but I do, and I do it because the process of talking about it helps me clarify how I feel about someone. Whether or not I actually like them or dislike them. It helps me sort out all the emotions and figure out the message underneath.

I think one of the reasons I was so attracted to IEE in the first place was the impression that EIEs are quick to judge and gauge 'enemies'. Perhaps this impression is wrong. I often don't have strong permanent feelings about people, which I associated with the fluidity of Ne+Fi. I have sharp impressions of people and I can get upset at people, but a bad encounter will not make me think they are a bad person who I don't like. I can strongly like and dislike someone in the MOMENT reacting to them, but I don't use that impression as the basis for how I see them as a person or how I value them.

I appreciate your assistance.

Edit to add: Ok, I lie. Sometimes I do talk about my feelings in a VERY dramatic way. After all, I don't want to bore the other person. But mostly because it's fun to, sometimes, make crazy expressions and say outlandish things and make people laugh when talking about something otherwise too serious to contemplate sharing.
    Last edited by unefille; 08-27-2008 at 03:30 AM.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it does, but I'm not sure what I do, or what I'm doing exactly. I guess, I don't really need to expel my emotions. I've noticed that some people, when they're upset, have to let it out. I have no problem holding it in and controlling what I'm feeling. I try to be considerate about whom I let out my feelings to. I talk about my feelings a lot as well, not in a dramatic way and not to everyone, but I do, and I do it because the process of talking about it helps me clarify how I feel about someone. Whether or not I actually like them or dislike them. It helps me sort out all the emotions and figure out the message underneath.

I think one of the reasons I was so attracted to IEE in the first place was the impression that EIEs are quick to judge and gauge 'enemies'. Perhaps this impression is wrong. I often don't have strong permanent feelings about people, which I associated with the fluidity of Ne+Fi. I have sharp impressions of people and I can get upset at people, but a bad encounter will not make me think they are a bad person who I don't like. I can strongly like and dislike someone in the MOMENT reacting to them, but I don't use that impression as the basis for how I see them as a person or how I value them.

I appreciate your assistance.

Edit to add: Ok, I lie. Sometimes I do talk about my feelings in a VERY dramatic way. After all, I don't want to bore the other person. But mostly because it's fun to, sometimes, make crazy expressions and say outlandish things and make people laugh when talking about something otherwise too serious to contemplate sharing.
    i hear you say things that apply to IEEs and things that I relate to EIEs and sometimes even contradicting things. I sense you are an Fi valuer, but Fe as well. Now I wonder which one is authentic and which one adopted.

Personally I have a strong sense of your type. The question is of course: how do we get you to figure out your own type in confident way. Perhaps I'll think of something later.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking