Thread: Questions for EIEs-ENFjs about leading Fe function

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unefille View Post
    In what way?
    In the way that an introverted intuitive would be less likely to express the crazy Ni-ness.

Your questions all ask about holding in complexities, and of all eight functions, Ni fits the best.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy View Post
    In the way that an introverted intuitive would be less likely to express the crazy Ni-ness.

Your questions all ask about holding in complexities, and of all eight functions, Ni fits the best.
    But wouldn't an IEI, who has Ni as their base function and Fe as their creative function, feel the greater need to express their Ni via their Fe, rather than holding it back?

My questions were about someone who, to a large extent, is uncomfortable with expressing negative emotion and will adjust herself in order to hold it in. To some extent, I can see this being explained by strong Fe which can adjust and control external emotional expressions. However, I just wondered if that really described an EIE, since a lot of the descriptions seem to focus on their emotional expressiveness, rather than their emotional control.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unefille View Post
    But wouldn't an IEI, who has Ni as their base function and Fe as their creative function, feel the greater need to express their Ni via their Fe, rather than holding it back?

My questions were about someone who, to a large extent, is uncomfortable with expressing negative emotion and will adjust herself in order to hold it in. To some extent, I can see this being explained by strong Fe which can adjust and control external emotional expressions. However, I just wondered if that really described an EIE, since a lot of the descriptions seem to focus on their emotional expressiveness, rather than their emotional control.
    If you change the EIE/Fe-leading in your description to IEI it will describe IEI behaviour quite accurately. There are different IEI's of course but most often I will hold back rather than express what I have on my mind if I am unsure about something in the situation. If am comfortable then I don't hold back, or if I am pissed off enough/tired of a situation then I will speak out too.

But I dislike being overly critical/demeaning/derogatory of someone, so I will express my opinion in diplomatic terms. If someone pushes me enough I will drop that diplomacy, but then that may result in a 'burn' of the person pushing and they usually don't appreciate that...
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)