TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Munenori On Why He Is SEI ...

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I've been thinking about starting a thread to kind of explain the whole string of thoughts that make me think this now, but, geez, it would be so so long.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    i would be very interested. i've got a few of my own brewing on those two, Fe/Fi. they have been the hardest for me to pin down irl.
    I would also be interested in hearing what led you to your SEI typing. (c: I can't promise to contribute much to the thread, but I will insert emoticons and various colourful whatnots at appropriate intervals to demonstrate my interest ... or I will desist from posting such nonsense to demonstrate my respect for you .... whichever you prefer.

But no pressure or anything.

Whenever you're ready.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sacrilage! Emoticons are not nonsense! *gasp!*
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

penguin... chick,..... eating... asian... popcorn????

O_o

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    Yeah, I'm with dbmmama, go for it dude
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, it would be very interesting to read.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I will. I'm sort of chatting about it with a few other people atm, so it might have to wait till tomorrow morning. This is something I've had on my mind for a while though. I'll spill the beans then and you can be the judge!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I would also be interested in hearing what led you to your SEI typing. (c: I can't promise to contribute much to the thread, but I will insert emoticons and various colourful whatnots at appropriate intervals to demonstrate my interest ... or I will desist from posting such nonsense to demonstrate my respect for you .... whichever you prefer.

But no pressure or anything.

Whenever you're ready.
    I love that

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm skeptical.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah...I thought it made a lot of sense off the bat, but I have been having second thoughts lately...Definitely ethical and Si valuing, though. Perhaps IEE-Fi is a possibility that should be considered.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Yeah...I thought it made a lot of sense off the bat, but I have been having second thoughts lately...Definitely ethical and Si valuing, though. Perhaps IEE-Fi is a possibility that should be considered.
    I think so. He still reminds me a lot of my EII sister though. More so than any one else on the forum ever has.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, here goes. I'll warn you, this will probably be pretty lengthy! In order to really get to the heart of it, I guess I'll start with explaining how I came to think EII in the first place and work my way up from there. There are also some things to be said for the case for and against SEI, as well as some confounding personal history that I think has clouded a lot of how I’ve approached who I am as a person.

Arrival:

When I first came to socionics, it was through MBTT. I always seemed to test INFJ/INFP on that, though the first time I took it (which was back in about 6th or 7th grade) I came out as an ISFP. This stuff interested me, but I didn't really have a way to judge the results other than that they described my behavior somewhat well. This also led to a lot of naive assumptions about the functions when I wound up here in socionics, as I'll point out soon.

Naturally and quite simply, I expected to be the same type in socionics, though I heard somewhere about the p/j switch and took that to heart. As a result the only two types I investigated in the beginning was INFp and INFj. Of those, EII seemed a much better fit in a lot of ways, which I attribute mostly to being very Si/Ne focused. I also tended towards being an Ne subtype precisely because I didn’t see all that much Fi in myself, particularly in the way that all the descriptions of it seemed to involve a more judgmental attitude towards other people as well as a more constant perspective regarding the same. There are some qualifications about this that I’ll make shortly.

There were some initial doubts as to being EII, in case anyone thinks I was ever that steadfast in thinking that was my type. Flipping through the wiki and various other sources, a few things seemed off to me. The biggest thing was viewing myself as static rather than dynamic. Mostly this has to do with the startling lack of consistency I tend to exhibit. Now there can be cases made for this being an Ne trait maybe, but I don’t mean an appearance of external inconsistency (if I were making connections between things and thus looking like I was focusing on totally different things), but more like a complete and utter lack of internal consistency beyond what strikes me right then. Perhaps I’m mischaracterizing what static/dynamic means, but that way of describing myself always seemed at odd with what an IJ would typically be like I think.

That's all I have right now, but there are other things running through my mind also. The biggest issue is probably my reevaluation of the ego functions and how they would work on an internal level (what it's like to look through an Fi-base lens vs Ti, Ni, Si, etc) and how I relate to it all. I also recorded a bit of a conversation I was having last night, but I'm unsure the person I was having it with would want me to post it. It's basically about 25 minutes of my half of a conversation with them, but I think it could probably shed some light on a few things. I'll have to check with my confidant.

There's a lot more to what's been going on in my head. I just wanted to sort of prime the beginning of the conversation at this point.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should tell the "Why I like philosophy" and "Why I like learning languages" story too. Not to mention the "Me and my INTj twin brother" story.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

incre&#237;ble.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together