16 47.06%

Thread: -

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-
    Last edited by Dee; 02-26-2009 at 01:58 AM.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shut the hell up, dee.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do they exist? they certainly exist as far as being mathematical dichotomies which serve to chop to pieces the socionics model. ie IN+ES/IS+EN (aka carefree/farsighted) is still a dichotomy, albeit one that has no obvious useful application or readily apparent defining characteristic.

to answer a better question, reinin dichotomies are useless and have no readily observable meaning.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    to answer a better question, reinin dichotomies are useless and have no readily observable meaning.

this is basically how i had rephrased his question when i answered it. i also am pretty firmly convinced they only lead to confusion. i do think that some reinin dichotomies have use/are somewhat observable. however, their use as main method in typing a person is nothing short of horrid. basically i think they're useful only to further support a typing - not as a primary method.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i do think that some reinin dichotomies have use/are somewhat observable.
    really? which ones? personally, i don't think i can think of any at this point that do both of fit and aren't explicable using functions.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    really? which ones? personally, i don't think i can think of any at this point that do both of fit and aren't explicable using functions.
    If Phaedrus was here, he would say, "If you understand the Reinin dichotomies clearly, as I do, then you would not be confused. Then you could clearly see the empirical basis of all the Reinin dichotomies, especially the Subjectivist and Objectivist dichotomy, which I have objectively observed. It is a fact that all LII are Subjectivists and all ILI are Objectivists. For all LII and ILI I have observed, this has proven to be true. It is a fact that the Reinin dichotomies are true. My home is made of adobe."
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of them appear to be valid (static/dynamic, merry/serious, and maybe even the aristocratic/democratic dichotomy). Should learn more about all of them though before making any judgment on their usefulness in typing.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, but they're rarely useful for typing and never more useful than things like quadra values, temperaments, and even clubs.

People usually only have a few "apparent" reinin dichotomies, and sometimes appearances can be deceiving (someone who should be a positivist looks like a negativist, or whatever).
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course Reinin dichotomies exist; what do you think Reinin is famous for?

The question is not whether or not they exist, but whether or not we should apply them to socionics; that is, whether or not they're actually useful in the context of our wonderful theory.

From the little I know about the dichotomies (since I can't read Russian, I use wikisocion, which has limited information regarding many of the dichotomies), I think there is some use of them, but the evidence that certain dichotomies belong with certain types is fundamentally inconclusive.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG Ezra wrote just what I was going to write. I was coming here to write, "The question isn't whether they exist. It's whether theyr'e useful." LOL.

I think there's something to them but the names and descriptions are so confusing and mixed up that IMO they aren't useful at all. Or almost not at all.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    OMG Ezra wrote just what I was going to write. I was coming here to write, "The question isn't whether they exist. It's whether theyr'e useful." LOL.

I think there's something to them but the names and descriptions are so confusing and mixed up that IMO they aren't useful at all. Or almost not at all.
    exactly.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

IMO, Reinin dichotomies work: I suggest new forum members who don't know them to read this:

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...in_dichotomies
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not a fan of the dichotomies.

Maybe some sorta work, but... I'll have to see more of them irl before i believe it.
    The end is nigh