Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: what am i?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

basically if i have to be anything other than myself to be pleasing to someone, we shouldn't be together.
    Yeah. Ideally, at least. But I think a lot of people are forced to settle unfortunately. That's why I just think...... the level of comfort is the most important thing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Yeah. Ideally, at least. But I think a lot of people are forced to settle unfortunately. That's why I just think...... the level of comfort is the most important thing.
    i think it's only if you believe you have to settle, basically. settling just means unhappiness. i dunno, i'd rather hold out for a while rather than settle and be with someone i can't be myself around. better to be single & comfortable than with someone who you never feel comfortable around.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i think it's only if you believe you have to settle, basically. settling just means unhappiness. i dunno, i'd rather hold out for a while rather than settle and be with someone i can't be myself around. better to be single & comfortable than with someone who you never feel comfortable around.
    I totally agree. I have trouble understanding people who totally lose their sense of self just for the sake of having a relationship.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lovin' the braceless vid, (cool title btw ) thanks implied

congrats on your new blackberry. (i got an omnia and i totally hate it lol)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your personal feelings can't be hurt if you don't show your personal feelings. But then again, that's no fun- it's kinda human nature to share yourself with people.
    that's totally true. it's like a catch 22.

So it seems like it's a balancing act of disclosing information, and withholding to keep up the mystery/intrigue.
    yup
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    I have trouble understanding people who totally lose their sense of self just for the sake of having a relationship.
    That's because you're a rational person who've never experienced your feelings or whatever it is taking you out for a walk.

Been there, done that.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    That's because you're a rational person who've never experienced your feelings or whatever it is taking you out for a walk.

Been there, done that.

Can you please clarify the bolded part?

I have virtually zero sexual instinct enneagram wise, that could explain it.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Can you please clarify the bolded part?

I have virtually zero sexual instinct enneagram wise, that could explain it.
    Dunno what it is, really. It's obviously related to sexuality, but also quite distinct from it. With me, it's more like an abstract longing - more like a psychological need to love in a "total" sense. Quite possibly related to NiTe HA. Abstract doesn't mean non-real or non-intense, though.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    lovin' the braceless vid, (cool title btw ) thanks implied

congrats on your new blackberry. (i got an omnia and i totally hate it lol)
    thanks to this.

also, wtf is an omnia even? i really don't think i've ever heard of one, but i wouldn't call myself amazingly up to date on new gadgets. the blackberry curve is what i got, i mean, $50 with rebate. that isn't horrid at all. i almost got the half keyboard thing, but i hate that. i find it easier to just have a full keyboard (but i wish they had set up the numeric keypad in a better way. whatever they're working with the space they have, i guess.)

@heath - maybe we're the same type!!!
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@heath - maybe we're the same type!!!
    yes yes, we have awfully nice rapport. we'll find out at the big socionics gathering come this winter for sure. maybe i can tell you ur type and you can tell me mine.
    asd

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, wtf is an omnia even?
    It's an iPhone-like smartphone made by Samsung.

i really don't think i've ever heard of one, but i wouldn't call myself amazingly up to date on new gadgets. the blackberry curve is what i got, i mean, $50 with rebate. that isn't horrid at all.
    I got mine as a christmas present last december.

i almost got the half keyboard thing, but i hate that. i find it easier to just have a full keyboard (but i wish they had set up the numeric keypad in a better way. whatever they're working with the space they have, i guess.)
    And I have no (physical) keyboard AT ALL! You could only imagine my patience with this incredibly unresponsive touch screen. I've done like millions of updates, ROM upgrades, registry fixes, screen optimizations, switched between tons of different custom UIs (currently running the HTC Manilla 2D adaptation), my phone is a mess. Now I use it for making/receiving calls only (and texting from time to time), and even for that - it sucks. Caller ID pics are tiny as fuck, phonebook is disastrous, gotta use the stylus all the time so I don't hit the wrong button or dial a wrong number, etc.

ps. at least it's got 3G, WiFi and GPS (and full internet functionality with browsers etc) so I can call them up when I need them.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    It's an iPhone-like smartphone made by Samsung.

YouTube - Samsung i900 Omnia, part 1 of 2 - Design and UI

I got mine as a christmas present last december.

And I have no (physical) keyboard AT ALL! You could only imagine my patience with this incredibly unresponsive touch screen. I've done like millions of updates, ROM upgrades, registry fixes, screen optimizations, switched between tons of different custom UIs (currently running the HTC Manilla 2D adaptation), my phone is a mess. Now I use it for making/receiving calls only (and texting from time to time), and even for that - it sucks. Caller ID pics are tiny as fuck, phonebook is disastrous, gotta use the stylus all the time so I don't hit the wrong button or dial a wrong number, etc.

ps. at least it's got 3G, WiFi and GPS (and full internet functionality with browsers etc) so I can call them up when I need them.
    that thing sounds like a fucking disaster. seriously, ESPECIALLY with the touchscreen issues. this is sort of why i opted for a physical keyboard, because without a stylus those things sort of suck! (i have a friend who has a similarish phone who lost the stylus, now the phone is essentially useless/difficult to use.) just not yet onboard with all touchscreen hah.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm now essentially clueless regarding my type, and i'm curious as to if duality even exists.

god i had some interesting topic i wanted to address in the main forum, and i completely forgot it.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so, I skimmed this and it seems like the evidence points towards INTp.

I originally thought ISTp, because there is sort of a dry matter-of-fact thing about Implied's posts (which I like), but that can also be how I view INTp posts also.

The big difference I notice between ISTps and INTps is that INTp are more likely to be OK w/ expanding a discussion, taking it into more depth, throwing more ideas on the table, etc. Conflicting ideas, complex ideas, etc., can be interesting material for INTps to play with.

ISTps are open minded, but create a "grounded" feel by by focusing more on the facts of what they know using efficient Te and would probably by bothered by too much "up in the air" ambiguity.

where as INTps are interested in exploring ideas for the sake of exploration.

So, I'm going to guess INTp.

Also, maybe this was a joke, but...the phrasing of the following sounds victim to me:

"i'm now essentially clueless regarding my type, and i'm curious as to if duality even exists."

And I say that because I can see an SEE's response would work well to that. A SEE would probably use some Se here to push this forward to a conclusion. Like, "well what is your type? Let's figure this out." And then they'd make some witty joke implying that Implied is in fact their dual or something like that.

There is also complexity in that sentence. You're theorizing about whether duality even exists. To me, that makes my head hurt because if you don't know your type, you can't know your dual. So obviously duality doesn't make sense until you know your own type. But I get the feeling you're playing w/ ideas here and allowing the ideas to become more complex, the way an INTp would do (and I would only sort of be able to follow before my head started hurting).

just my two cents
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does ISFj have so few votes? I'm puzzled :S
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Why does ISFj have so few votes? I'm puzzled :S
    because the majority of the forum does not think i am ISFj.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does ISFj have so few votes?
    I have a hunch there's a bias towards rating Implied as their dual among people.

Thus the number of votes for one socionics type for Implied probably reflects the number of people who are duals to that type to a certain extent. Or possibly even the number of people who think they are.

Checking that hypo should be a fairly straightforward stat exercise. I'm too lazy to do it, though.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a hunch there's a bias towards rating Implied as their dual among people.

Thus the number of votes for one socionics type for Implied probably reflects the number of people who are duals to that type to a certain extent. Or possibly even the number of people who think they are.

Checking that hypo should be a fairly straightforward stat exercise. I'm too lazy to do it, though.
    maybe, but there aren't that many ESFps on the board. i mean obvs there are joke votes, too, but i think it's more likely that people on the board see me as "not their dual." like Ti types and such.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think so, there are very few ESFps on the forum. Besides, I've had my disagreements with implied (well, mostly when I say that I think she's ISFj), but I still think she's ISFj, ahah

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Se is kind of blatant to me, personally. She's very set in her views, wary, can be overtly or even irrationally mistrustful, knows what she wants and says it up front, always says exactly what she means. I think an IEE interacting with her at a close psychological distance would see more problems than things they could benefit from. Se-ESI is my guess for her type.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    The Se is kind of blatant to me, personally. She's very set in her views, wary, can be overtly or even irrationally mistrustful, knows what she wants and says it up front, always says exactly what she means.
    how is this a thing? curious.

I think an IEE interacting with her at a close psychological distance would see more problems than things they could benefit from.
    quite possible, but i often find IEEs to be basically too flighty and "in the moment" for me in general, so i don't feel like i "benefit" much either. so i'd suspect the feeling is mutual which imo doesn't fit supervision.

Se-ESI is my guess for her type.
    i want to place more stock in your answer but i suspect you decided on a whim instead of looking at the whole picture.

in general something i found when we hung out is that you tend to decide a type based on a moment's interaction. i mean, i remember saying something to you like, "yeah sometimes i get these projects and i don't finish them." like buying some massive orchid or something and then letting it die from forgetting to take care of it. crap like this. and i remember you decided, at that moment, that i was LII or something. can you perhaps look at the whole of the time we've hung out/communicated online and make a decision based on that criteria? i feel like that's more worthwhile than deciding that because i bitched you out a few times i'm ego.

another thing - how am i so "set in my views" or whatever? if anything i don't think i hold to my views enough. if you want a good example of someone set in their views go to phaedrus or deante. i think enough forum users would agree that they're a better example of this than i, whereas i'm basically willing to consider ANYTHING if i can make it make sense to me.

if i come off as overly mistrustful or paranoid it might be because i don't entirely trust you. lol. but i don't think everyone who knows me would say that.
    Last edited by implied; 07-06-2009 at 01:29 AM.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i want to place more stock in your answer but i suspect you decided on a whim instead of looking at the whole picture.
    But I didn't decide on a whim! I was very consistent. So why don't you buy some of my stock

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I didn't decide on a whim! I was very consistent. So why don't you buy some of my stock
    consistency means nothing to me basically. i'm not sure why your inability to consider anything else than what you decided years ago is supposed to somehow make me more convinced or add credibility to your opinions? on the other hand your approach is no better than gilly's as it seems you refuse to even entertain the possibility of something else by blocking out all new information or anything that goes against what you previously decided. i don't see how this is good for anyone.

the other thing is that i'm quite sure your picture of what ISFjs are like is nothing like what gilly thinks they're like. i mean you seem to describe them as people who have trouble making decisions on their own etc.
    Last edited by implied; 07-05-2009 at 08:01 PM.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    The Se is kind of blatant to me, personally.
    It's not blatant to me, but it is plausible.

She's very set in her views
    Could be a result of a multitude of things -- most of which aren't socionics-related. But consider: rational temperament, potential delta values, the nature of the views which are immutable and how those views are arrived at (i.e. the psychological process). You see, there are variables here that you seem to be ignoring.

wary, can be overtly or even irrationally mistrustful
    First off, she's a 6w5; secondly, this trait isn't correlated to any type/function/etc. with any level of consistency. I am suspicious as fuck -- went off the charts in that category on the MMPI -- but it's for entirely different reasons then say, Steve, or in this case, Maria. So, here you don't seem to be considering her motivations for the suspiciousness.

knows what she wants and says it up front, always says exactly what she means.
    I agree that this tendency is present in her. And I'll also concede that Se egos have a very specific way of being 'direct' that is reassuring, because of its simplicity and pithiness. Yet, again, this doesn't necessarily mean that because she exhibits the behavior, she is Se-ego. You would have to give examples of this, and explain how they correlated with Se.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how the heck can somebody with 7000+ posts still not know their type.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    how the heck can somebody with 7000+ posts still not know their type.
    well it's certainly not because of informative posts like this one!
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345