Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what am i?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Regarding the round bullet points, well, maybe it's a matter of taste (Steve Jobs said of Microsoft, the only problem he had with them is that they had no taste) - by definition, something internal (also in socionics terms).
    At which point I should confess to being an avid Apple user and it's the overall aesthetic package that I'm attracted to. In fact, everything that Jobs (the character) said about aesthetics and creation in Pirates of the Silicon Valley unnervingly rang true for me.

FWIW, I never pay the slighest attention to such things. I can't tell you whether I prefer a specific font or bullet point, or not. My preferred style of giving presentation is simply standing up, going to a whiteboard, and drawing things/making calculations/etc as I make my point (which of course is not always welcome - for some people/situations I do make presentations, but I find it extremely tedious).
    It would make sense if it were just our general 3ishness.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

Creepy-Cyclops

I don't have a problem with handwritten essays or presentations. It's the content that matters to me more than the presentation, but I understand that it looks better if it has both. Thing about the presentation is that it can delay the rolling out of some pretty good ideas if it has to be transferred to a computer generated format, also it's a shame that something can be judged by it's presentation before it's content, which to me is a pre-judgement.

On implieds type, some sort of Se valuer, maybe Beta more than Gamma is my current impression.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My current opinion on implied's type, after meeting her IRL, is ESI.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my current opinion on gilly's type is beta NF, after meeting him. although i agree with rick's (OLD) typing of gilly as INFp more than gilly's self-typing of ENFj.

edit: just realized rick has decided on ENFj. http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...userlist#Gilly

edit: @gilly, what happened to "i can't possibly see you as ego"?
    Last edited by implied; 06-20-2009 at 06:26 PM.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well mostly that was my reaction to Ashton's typing of you as SEE, I think, although I will admit you do have some typical tendencies of types with "weak" Se. However I think other things outweigh this.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Well mostly that was my reaction to Ashton's typing of you as SEE, I think, although I will admit you do have some typical tendencies of types with "weak" Se. However I think other things outweigh this.
    i don't really feel like i have any ego tendencies, although i don't think ego is a horrible suggestion. however, i can't see how delta NF would work either.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well for the sake of argument, let's say I think you are an Fi ego type, and that ESI is certainly the most likely of the 4.

And it's not only strong Se traits that I see, but also weak Ne.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well for the sake of argument, let's say I think you are an Fi ego type, and that ESI is certainly the most likely of the 4.

And it's not only strong Se traits that I see, but also weak Ne.
    i'm not entirely excluding it, i just can't see strong , neither am i sure how well i would do with a ego type, tbh. i really feel like you and i interact more like members of opposing quadras, though. like it isn't a stretch, and makes a lot of sense to me, that you could have my polr in your ego.
    Last edited by implied; 06-20-2009 at 07:03 PM.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i don't really feel like i have any ego tendencies, although i don't think ego is a horrible suggestion. however, i can't see how delta NF would work either.
    It seems to me you have T in your ego because your F is a mess.

How are you in relationships with men?

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waddlesworth View Post

Im not sure how this is T/F related.
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    Im not sure how this is T/F related.
    Just a hunch. :wink:

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just a hunch. :wink:
    ok :wink:
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

horrid.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not entirely excluding it, i just can't see strong , neither am i sure how well i would do with a ego type, tbh. i really feel like you and i interact more like members of opposing quadras, though. like it isn't a stretch, and makes a lot of sense to me, that you could have my polr in your ego.
    Interesting, because I saw us as being compatible in a sort of Se/Ni way, but definitely not in a Fi/Fe way.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on that earlier tangent, i don't care what a handwritten essay looks like as long as the writing is legible. i dislike having to fill in the blanks regarding messy handwriting.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, because I saw us as being compatible in a sort of Se/Ni way, but definitely not in a Fi/Fe way.
    i definitely did not feel that way really. i also think i would have had smoother interactions with your roommate, if i were valuing (at the least beta valuing.) many of the traits that i thought were annoying in him you thought were due to his creative .
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i definitely did not feel that way really. i also think i would have had smoother interactions with your roommate, if i were valuing (at the least beta valuing.) many of the traits that i thought were annoying in him you thought were due to his creative .
    True.

SLI would make sense of a lot of things, now that I think about it...there were a few things about you that I think of as particularly ESI, but I think they can perhaps be explained by weak Ne with devalued Fe. And weak ethics, especially Fe, does make sense for you.

Alright, I will go with SLI then.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

horrid.
    Elaborate please, fine madam.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, now that I think back, a lot of the differences we had were Si vs Ni, I think, especially our one major misunderstanding.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i seriously thought that guy was ISFp. at any rate the irrational sensors seem to like me.
    TRUTH! I vote ILI not cause I know anything about you or socionics, I'm just hopping for semi-duality
    Easy Day

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think Maria is in my quadra, EIE.

Her identity crisis over her type signifies this.

And we personally get along well on stickam. Maybe it's just one-sided here, but I seem to get along with her better than other people. I notice the same thing with Sirena or other Betas. We agree with each other and understand each other a lot.

If I notice somebody not from my quadra, I am a bit shyer with the whole personal info thing. But with Maria I feel like I can tell most things and she'd be okay with it. I kinda use that as my guiding post to find out who is in my quadra and who isn't. Because you can talk well about external objects with anybody.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post

And we personally get along well on stickam. Maybe it's just one-sided here, but I seem to get along with her better than other people. I notice the same thing with Sirena or other Betas. We agree with each other and understand each other a lot.

If I notice somebody not from my quadra, I am a bit shyer with the whole personal info thing. But with Maria I feel like I can tell most things and she'd be okay with it. I kinda use that as my guiding post to find out who is in my quadra and who isn't. Because you can talk well about external objects with anybody.
    Fwiw, Maria doesn't come across as having a personality crisis to me. She just seems like a natural skeptic who doesn't jump to conclusions unless she's sure about them. She's not a blatant example of any type, so naturally she's not all gung-ho at self-typing quickly. I can see why she doesn't exactly identify with any particular type 100%, tbh. She just doesn't, not by the way current descriptions and standards are.

I do think she's Se ego though. Maybe not if your perception of Se ego is a smockcocker IM GOING TO KILL YOU ALSKDFJ rant, but imo she is.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elaborate please, fine madam.
    i'm thinking of doing a video response to this.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think i just love gay men like A LOT. also, you're really easy to talk to and i consider it a compliment that you'd see me in your quadra. i just have not yet seen any reason to believe that my dual would be a beta ST of any sort, as generally i find them obnoxious and abrasive in a way that i can't tolerate. you get a higher level of abrasion-tolerance because you're awesome haha.
    Last edited by implied; 06-21-2009 at 10:03 PM.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some things i didn't mention in the video that are probably worth noting:

i hate clearing up arguments.

i hate saying i'm sorry if i think i'm truly in the right.

i hate initiating crap with men and if i'm pushed to the point that i have to call the guy first, i likely won't pursue the relationship at all. on the other hand, i want to feel free to be able to do that, and not feel like i'm interrupting or something.

cannot stand anything i perceive as "fake," especially where emotions are concerned. as in, i need someone to help make the relationship smooth but if i perceive the other person as "fakely" trying to do so and not sincerely interested in making it work, i just become more intolerant. i even think some fighting is okay in some ways because i think everyone has their rough days or whatever. just as long as the other party is sincere, i let a lot of things fly.

these are generally not things that make for smooth relationships.

sry for the wet hair.

Last edited by implied; 06-21-2009 at 11:59 PM.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i hate initiating crap with men and if i'm pushed to the point that i have to call the guy first, i likely won't pursue the relationship at all. on the other hand, i want to feel free to be able to do that, and not feel like i'm interrupting or something.
    Yet you also enjoy feelery and emotional guys right? Well I think there is your conundrum. You want to be the one pursued like most women, and yet the men that are gonna be the first to pursue you are more than not going to be the boring brawny/logical guys that you really can't stand to date. But then you go after the men you want and it feels unnatural, like you have to be his mother. You definitely need a sensitive man but not a guy that is sensitive too much to himself. That is more gay guys haha.

I really see you with a college dean type of male, Maria. Or any other high-status professional male. An older, suave/emotional guy that is self-confident yet compassionate and selfless to others. Or like the college professor that isn't a total mama's boy and can fully take care of himself. I mean sure they are 'logical 'in the traditional sense, but probably have just the right amount of male independence mixed in with the emotional support that you want. You are really smart and you need a guy as smart as you. So none of the typical 'dumb jocks.' But you don't need to be 'smarty' with each other as that's patronizing- more like, you need somebody to be 'smart to the world' with so to speak.

You are A LOT like my cousin Julie btw, who is an IEE. And she ended up being very happy and having 2 children with a guy just like that, so that's why I just soooo see you with that type of man.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Also, I just thought of something.

You said you liked to test guys. Well, a college professor/dean is used to being tested. Because to be a good professor you have to be a good student first and foremost, so they won't mind being tested AT ALL in a relationship, and will pass every one of your tests and female mind games with flying colors.

I'm telling you Maria it's the perfect match!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

luv on Vimeo
    Thanks for posting this - it was extremely interesting.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some things i didn't mention in the video that are probably worth noting:

i hate clearing up arguments.

i hate saying i'm sorry if i think i'm truly in the right.

cannot stand anything i perceive as "fake," especially where emotions are concerned. as in, i need someone to help make the relationship smooth but if i perceive the other person as "fakely" trying to do so and not sincerely interested in making it work, i just become more intolerant. i even think some fighting is okay in some ways because i think everyone has their rough days or whatever. just as long as the other party is sincere, i let a lot of things fly.

these are generally not things that make for smooth relationships.

sry for the wet hair.

luv on Vimeo
    In your video you said that you want a relationship to be "high [in] trust" and which is "extremely close" and which "last[s] forever." You also mentioned "transparency" and went to mention "trust" again. Sounds like you want a good husband.

What is "testing"?

Kind of like BulletsAndDoves said, you might be dating the wrong men.

It Seems like you talk about/treat relationships like they are disposable, yet you deeply want something true and which lasts forever, indicating that you are making a mistake in your approach.

I agree with you about the kind of relationship you are looking for. I know, it is very hard to find someone like you described. Nowadays it seems people don't know how to be considerate in their choices of partners; "Hey, if this one doesn't work I'll just dump them and get another one!" But time runs out and there are no more chances for love. It is very important that time is used wisely.

I am precisely looking for the same kind of person and do not know where to find her. So you are not alone. If you lived near me I would PM you to go out on a date Hey, sounds silly but who knows.

Thank you for the video. Still thinking about your type.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool video. cool braces!! and you pronounce the o vowel funny. hilarious some might say. i think your type could be INTj. you seem like a person who will lighten up very quickly and is generally happy.
    asd

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    cool video. cool braces!! and you pronounce the o vowel funny. hilarious some might say. i think your type could be INTj. you seem like a person who will lighten up very quickly and is generally happy.
    ha! it's possible. i guess in some ways what i described is not exactly SEE-ish. and i have high back vowels in general. they call it canadian raising, i think, but i don't raise my vowels enough for it to be considered of the canadian style. i never figured out why because it's not really a property of spanish OR southern english.

the braces are coming off on tuesday, i'm almost sad about it.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ha! it's possible. i guess in some ways what i described is not exactly SEE-ish. and i have high back vowels in general. they call it canadian raising, i think, but i don't raise my vowels enough for it to be considered of the canadian style. i never figured out why because it's not really a property of spanish OR southern english.

the braces are coming off on tuesday, i'm almost sad about it.
    indeed, i couldn't understand your accent for shit! at first i was like this isn't southern, and then it sounds like you are freespirit from california or something. don't be sad about losing braces, in my experience it was very joyous- just remember to wear a retainer if they give one to you! i lost mine a while after i had braces and my teeth look a little funny and i had no forewarning of it's importance. if i would skip a day it would hurt like hell when i put it in for the night. i think it takes even more wearing time, maybe even a year, for the teeth to fully settle down and not want to wiggle crooked again. anyway, i probably didn't need to tell you that, but i hate to see people make my mistakes.
    asd

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    @implied, do you relate at all to this:

A few things you've said in recent videos, within and without this thread, have reminded me of those passages.

almost all of that description resonates with me, which is why i probably will never throw out ISTp as a possibility.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+101 on trust. What sucks the most is when you openly tell someone in a relationship how important that's to you, they pretend they care and screw you over behind your back. You eventually start seeing what's going on and can't help but feel betrayed and humiliated. And you're like "gtfo or die".

No braces video requested. kthxbye
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    +101 on trust. What sucks the most is when you openly tell someone in a relationship how important that's to you, they pretend they care and screw you over behind your back. You eventually start seeing what's going on and can't help but feel betrayed and humiliated. And you're like "gtfo or die".

No braces video requested. kthxbye
    i'm exactly the same way.

give me a topic or something and i'll make a no braces video. i keep thinking about doing that 2nd video discussion topic, but i really think talking about my books could bore everyone to tears.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

give me a topic or something and i'll make a no braces video. i keep thinking about doing that 2nd video discussion topic, but i really think talking about my books could bore everyone to tears.
    Oh, well I dunno, talk about anything you like, whatever makes you comfortable atm. Or you don't have to talk at all if you don't feel like it and just do whatever comes to mind.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's just hard to get people to value the same things that you value. You can tell them all right, but if it doesn't match their values- they are probably not gonna follow through, so imo the only way is to just be very cautious what you tell people. Your personal feelings can't be hurt if you don't show your personal feelings. But then again, that's no fun- it's kinda human nature to share yourself with people.

So it seems like it's a balancing act of disclosing information, and withholding to keep up the mystery/intrigue.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Oh, well I dunno, talk about anything you like, whatever makes you comfortable atm. Or you don't have to talk at all if you don't feel like it and just do whatever comes to mind.

haha i just talked about random crap. it'll be up in a little while.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's just hard to get people to value the same things that you value. You can tell them all right, but if it doesn't match their values- they are probably not gonna follow through, so imo the only way is to just be very cautious what you tell people. Your personal feelings can't be hurt if you don't show your personal feelings. But then again, that's no fun- it's kinda human nature to share yourself with people.

So it seems like it's a balancing act of disclosing information, and withholding to keep up the mystery/intrigue.
    that's too complicated. i want people to like me in spite of my boring moments. everyone does boring shit like come home from work and eat chinese takeout. like, i seriously am not blasts of OOH INTERESTING AMAZING COOL! all the time, and all of you do boring things like go and shop for toilet paper and razor blades.

basically if i have to be anything other than myself to be pleasing to someone, we shouldn't be together.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what the hell. sorry about the random desynching of the video and audio. this hasn't ever happened before for me. annoying.

will work on seeing wtf is wrong with this.
    Last edited by implied; 06-26-2009 at 03:16 AM.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast