Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Self Typing Retards!

TIM
    ILE 8w7
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In retrospect, I am glad I posted this thread. Some of this is information I wanted, but for some reason, it would have never occurred to me. So, thank you to all, particularly Expat, Vero, and Imfd95.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean View Post
    Why the heck is it that some of you cannot type yourself correctly? I mean, really?
    It's hard. The thoughts and emotions we experience vastly outpace the Socionics model.

I've always thought that resolute certainty about one's type is the true warning sign.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Yes, I fully agree. I think it's often a problem with the base function, which is why I think it's a mistake to try to type yourself by trying to find your base function first. People who are (say) base may not even recognize in themselves the base, because they just see it as being "normal", and tend to think that the descriptions are talking about other things. And so on for the other functions, obviously.
    Good that Expat agrees with me that it is a mistake to try to type yourself by trying to find your base function. The critique is directed at Joy and others, who are defending such a bad and totally unreliable typing method.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean View Post

Okay, so, back on topic. How is it that some people can not type themselves properly? Is it that people lack that objective view of themselves?
    I guess I'm retarded. But to answer your question...yes. Even what I perceive as an objective view of myself is no doubt warped by my inherent subjectivity. My actions do not necessarily reflect my emotions/thoughts. When I try to reflect on my actions/processes objectively, these observations are still being filtered through the paradigm of my ego. So I can never really be sure of what I'm looking at. I believe I could likely come close to typing myself, if I could actually observe my actions...maybe a videotape of an entire day in my life would be helpful.
    INFj

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner View Post
    I guess I'm retarded. But to answer your question...yes. Even what I perceive as an objective view of myself is no doubt warped by my inherent subjectivity. My actions do not necessarily reflect my emotions/thoughts. When I try to reflect on my actions/processes objectively, these observations are still being filtered through the paradigm of my ego. So I can never really be sure of what I'm looking at. I believe I could likely come close to typing myself, if I could actually observe my actions...maybe a videotape of an entire day in my life would be helpful.
    same here.
    its hard to really analyze yourself in terms of functions when i act diffrently based on the people around me,where i'm at etc.
    " Whatever you do in life you have to connect with a sense of service,an idea your doing something for somebody." -Edward Norton

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I fully agree. I think it's often a problem with the base function, which is why I think it's a mistake to try to type yourself by trying to find your base function first. People who are (say) base may not even recognize in themselves the base, because they just see it as being "normal", and tend to think that the descriptions are talking about other things. And so on for the other functions, obviously.
    Yes. I think so too.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post

For correct self-typing, you need both a good understanding of the typology, and self-awareness.
    I am curios whether certain types are more inclined to naturally have lower (or higher) self-awareness than others.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    The trouble is that most socionics hobbyists, even if they understand socionics, cannot type other people accurately. A significant percentage of them (probably at least 25%, possibly as much as 50%) have not even typed themselves correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    And if we can't really observe each other sufficiently in this form of communication to know that we are typing them accurately (and to understand their "type traits" even if they are typed correctly), what's the point in discussing our types, especially if we understand that we could be forming misconceptions about types and functions by doing so?

4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    There hasn't been enough research to make any firm correlations between Socionics and Italians.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    lol @ you, Jimbean.

And not only do most people think you're ISTj, but the current word on the street is that you're *actually* a 6w5.
    Are there any Eights on this forum?

So Jim, why are you an 8 lol? Because you don't like to be controlled? (that was UDP's best reason lol).
    Keep drilling at him. If he breaks, he's a counterphobic Six.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I read somewhere that counterphobic 6s can mistype as 8s, fwiw.
    No shit. Every piece of Enneagram literature concerning Sixes and Eights mentions something about mistyped Sixes.

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    lol dude, so f* typical for an SLE (all rights reserved).
    lol dee, so f* typical for an idiot (C)(R).

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    listen youn are obviously seeking to be the centre of admiration, which is Se. you are logical though imo. your irrational nature suggests SLE>SEE imo.
    Rework your definition of Se. It's poor.

LOL

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Are there any Eights on this forum?
    Hai
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Hai
    Duh. You, me, Jimbean (and probably mercutio) are Eights. But Nick doesn't think that, does he? I want to know what he thinks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12