Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Type Me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BurntOrange View Post
    Well I think in that thread rick was saying the first match seemed to be right about 30% of the time, which is significantly better than the normal 6.2/3rds from 1/16, but definitely not conclusive.

A lot of your thoughts about the IEE wiki seemed just to confirm Ne valuing quadra (alpha/delta), although some might point towards IEE, and others might not. It's dangerous just to go off that though because of the Forer effect. A lot of the type descriptions are a little more specific than functional preference strictly implies, too.

It might be better to try picking between 2 options, so which of these sounds more like what you prefer: Alpha or Delta? Fe creative or Fi creative? EP or IP? I think getting this specific is safe, or at least it seems highly likely to me that you're alpha or delta, irrational, and slightly less but still likely to me that you're ethical.

Well, it's a mistake to think of SEI as necessarily soft or bland, unless your definition applies only to the functions and not aspects of actual personality. Wit, intelligence, talents, etc can manifest in any given type. You'll find incredibly gifted SEIs and you'll find boring SEIs, the same as any type. Basically, if you find them soft/boring because of Fe valuing, it might be an indication that you're delta. If you think they're just one dimensional dullards that have no depth beyond oblivously happy, you might be influenced by stereotypes and not actually thinking about SEIs at all haha
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy View Post
    Pop psychology isn't rocket science.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robot View Post
    Oh? And why is it that you get a strong ethical vibe from me?

And yes of course. Conflictors don't compliment each other. Ever.
    BTW that comment was more on Expat's posts in general than on that particular post although I do think he hit on something important in that post.
    I just do, the way you phrase words seems to be based on feelings. not that it is a bad thing, but I've read a lot of posts and I am 95% sure you are an ethical type.

I agree, I am not trying to degrade Expat's knowledge of socionics, and his posts are always filled with wise-ness, but unfortunately I would never attempt to even comment them, they scare me a little.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the wiki
    Valued elements
    Grouping together the elements of the Ego blocks of the Alpha quadra types, we get a picture of what aspects of life Alpha Quadra types strive to bring to the forefront of life, as well as the kind of atmosphere and lifestyle they pursue.

blocked with

Alphas frequently generate, discuss, and analyze theories for intellectual stimulation and for fun.
    Alphas value logically consistent beliefs and ideas, and actions that are consistent with personal values.
    Alphas enjoy telling humorous anecdotes featuring unusual events or people. (also related to )
    Alphas are especially sensitive to overly PC or closed-minded opinions.
    blocked with

Alphas feel energized by the free exchange of positive emotional expression in an atmosphere pleasing to the senses (a celebratory atmosphere).
    Alphas show affection for others in the form of small practical services or gifts.
    [edit] Subdued elements
    The elements of the Super-Ego blocks of the Alpha quadra types represent which aspects of life Alpha types strive to avoid, and keep at the periphery of their lives.

blocked with

Alphas avoid discussing controversial and unpleasant aspects of personal relationships, especially if it would lead to confrontations.
    Alphas are easily forgiving of personal offenses. They try to be on good terms with everybody, even people they may have had problems with in the past.
    blocked with

Alphas are less likely to make investments that require long-term commitment and upkeep. They prefer short-term investments that offer a reliable outcome with minimal involvement. Their long-term goals are generally "in outline" and malleable.
    Alphas avoid following direct life advice without knowing the reasoning behind it or how it applies to them. They prefer to experience and learn for themselves. They perceive people who try to give such advice as pedantic.
    [edit] Group behavior
    Alphas try to create a comfortable and pleasant group atmosphere, in the emotional, sensorial, and intellectual aspects. An ideal Alpha group situation is the exchange of light-hearted jokes while discussing novel concepts, all while enjoying pleasant food and drink. Narrating personal experiences usually takes the form of telling a joke; funny and unusual personal experiences are preferred over serious and banal ones. The fun and jokes that go along with activities are at least as important as the activities themselves. They avoid generating "heavy" moments; any dramatic expressions are limited in time, most often in service of a joke. Alphas are also perhaps the most likely types to participate in use of mind-altering substances.

Alpha discussions tend to go off on tangents, in whatever direction seems most interesting at the moment. Unusual personal observations are common, resulting from the analysis of the idiosyncrasies or inconsistencies of everyday life. If many in the group share the same observations, they are likely to express their agreement emphatically, so as to create a kind of mental harmony which enhances the group dynamic. If a new problem is encountered, it is expanded and developed in as many ways as possible, until some kind of satisfactory conclusion is reached.

Alphas make no distinction between "insiders" and "outsiders", easily drawing people into a conversation once it has begun — though they tend to just as easily withdraw if the person is not receptive. Likewise, they prefer to have the same behavior at work as at play; they find formal speech and dress to be pretentious, unnecessarily limiting, and even ridiculous. Alphas dislike the idea that there is something going on "behind the scenes", preferring to keep things (especially personal motivations) as open and straightforward as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by the wiki

[edit] Dominant elements
    Grouping together the elements of the Ego blocks of the Delta Quadra types, we get a picture of what aspects of life Delta Quadra types strive to bring to the forefront of life, as well as the kind of group atmosphere and lifestyle they pursue.

blocked with

Delta types make a point of talking about the rationale behind their actions and emphasizing the productiveness or unproductiveness of different ways of doing things - even in such emotional areas as personal relationships.
    Delta types value peaceful, refreshing activities where they are doing something useful and balancing out their inner world at the same time.
    Delta types have the philosophy that they will have to rely on their own industriousness to achieve their goals rather than on luck, speculation, group effort, or strong leadership.
    blocked with

Delta types love to share personal experience mixed with their own sentiments regarding their experiences, but all in an insightful and non-dramatic manner.
    Delta types like to talk about new beginnings, opportunities for personal growth, and their plans and prospects for the future.
    Delta types tend to focus on their vision, with peoples' benefit always first in mind.
    [edit] Subdued elements
    Grouping together the elements of the Super-Ego blocks of the Delta Quadra types, we get a picture of what aspects of life Delta types strive to keep hidden, avoid, not focus attention on, and keep at the periphery of their lives.

blocked with

Delta types rarely display their deep passions and vision, preferring instead to talk in more neutral terms about what they want to do and why.
    Delta types reject dramatism and emotional affect in favor of wry humor and understatement.
    Delta types don't tend to form or maintain groups based on fun, emotional interaction, but only take groups seriously that perform some common productive or restful activity.
    Delta types generally dislike using poetic wording when describing their inner state, but talk simply about what they feel or their bodily sensations.
    blocked with

Delta types do not fare well in high-pressure situations where they are being forced to do things, are facing threatening opponents, or are submitted to rigorous discipline, but wear out quickly and look for a more peaceful and welcoming environment.
    Delta types focus on diligence and practicality, rather than ideological beliefs and aggressive leadership, as a means for success. [edit] Group behavior
    Groups made up of primarily Delta types tend to be focused on working on projects, enjoying physical recreation, or finding out interesting things about each other. Laughter is usually subdued and brief; instead, people smile a lot and try to be witty and welcoming. Groups need to be focused on some specific productive activity or topic of discussion, or else they fall apart. In Delta groups, there is a lot of splintering and decentralization. This allows for more focused and productive interaction with only those who share your particular interests or sentiments. People jump from small group to small group easily to keep up their interest level. No one demands that the entire group listen to one person or that everyone do the same thing. Delta Quadra types believe that if everyone just pursues their own interests and makes some accommodations for others, the group will be better off anyway. Delta Quadra types do not focusing on building group identity or unity of purpose, but prefer for the group to remain splintered and decentralized.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    I just do, the way you phrase words seems to be based on feelings. not that it is a bad thing, but I've read a lot of posts and I am 95% sure you are an ethical type.

I agree, I am not trying to degrade Expat's knowledge of socionics, and his posts are always filled with wise-ness, but unfortunately I would never attempt to even comment them, they scare me a little.
    Would you mind elaborating please? I'm interested.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you mind elaborating please? I'm interested.
    This won't be good, because what I am trying to explain is internal for me, but these are the type of comments that I see myself and other ethical types making:

Quote Originally Posted by Robot
    Random question: How old are you?
    *raises one eyebrow* WTH? uhhh they're alright I guess.
    ^Use of WTH^
    That's interesting. I thought EVERYONE was aware of and sensitve to social awkwardness. Well I'm definitely aware of it although sometimes I tend to be the cause of it.
    Case for strong Fi and Fe

lol @ u loling @ him. lol @ me loling @ u loling @ him.

The "Hey Fish Girl" thread.

Also, the way you are always asking questions seems ethical, because logical types would idk, try to find the answer for themselves.

anyway, that is what I see.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good. BurntOrange gets a +1.

I get an ethical vibe very strong from Robot myself. But I will say that Robot complimented one of Expat's posts in the Fe thread, when I myself saw it as less than optimal.
    Siiiiiiiiick, I think that brings my score to +1!

I'm still trying to figure out what to take away from your quadra analysis, robot, lol.

K edit: I will say I think what you highlighted fits with Fe better than Fi, IMO. Overall I guess you highlighted more delta than alpha, but a lot of that stuff is just Ne/Si and really could relate to alpha too, and I think it might be telling that you didn't think any of the Ne and Fi part fit, which should be an IEE's main arena, even if some of it isn't written in the best way possible haha. None of it is really conclusive at all though. I'm starting to worry that might be the only response I'm capable of though, haha.
    Last edited by BurntOrange; 08-25-2008 at 03:33 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yes of course. Conflictors don't compliment each other. Ever.
    Sarcasm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This won't be good, because what I am trying to explain is internal for me, but these are the type of comments that I see myself and other ethical types making:

^Use of WTH^

Case for strong Fi and Fe

The "Hey Fish Girl" thread.

Also, the way you are always asking questions seems ethical, because logical types would idk, try to find the answer for themselves.

anyway, that is what I see.
    Are you for real serious? Questions? Use of "WTH"?
    Btw that lol thing was a complete and total joke.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robot as an IEE. That's beautiful.

Looking forward to seeing what happens!
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wikisocion talking about Fe
    The person is sensitive to the emotional atmosphere around him, either from an individual, or a group, or even from inanimate objects such as the landscape, the state of the physical environment he happens to be in, or his own emotional associations with the place or people around him. A positive emotional atmophere is essential for his sense of well being and inner peace, and he either tries to promote it himself by directly influencing it around him, or by simply moving away from the environment or the people causing a negative emotional environment in his view. For the SEI, this takes an on-the-spot aspect and is reflected in cracking jokes, trying to make people laugh, or simply moving away from people he perceives as affecting him negatively. For the IEI, this takes a longer-term perspective; so the focus, rather than being on the immediate emotional environment, is on the perceived longer-term emotional state of others towards the individual, and is reflected in trying to be on good terms with those he interacts with or seeking distance or protection from, or "preventively" attacking, those he sees as irremediably hostile emotionally.
    I know the good terms bit was for IEI but I'll respond to it anyway. I do try to be on good terms with people I like but if I don't like the person then I don't care so much if I'm on good terms with him/her. But with those I don't like I won't necessarily be starting fights with them everyday either. I'll most likely avoid them and maybe purposely start something if I get really bored.

When it comes to needing a postive emotional atmosphere to have internal peace. That doesn't really apply. My internal peace doen't depend so much on my external (people) environment. It depends more on other things. That said, I might be at peace and "centered" or whatever but I won't necessarily enjoy being in an environment with a strong negative emotional atmosphere either.

I couldn't live in an ugly or messy house though. That depresses me. Messiness because it sends a strong message of things not functioning and things being not ok. And ugly because well it's ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikisocion talking about Fi
    The individual is very adept at perceiving, establishing, and maintaining personal bonds between people. However, these bonds are often perceived as being situational and flexible rather than static. The individual is inclined to focus on establishing personal bonds with other people in the context of realizing or following perceptions from his base function.

The person easily creates a sense of closeness and kinship between people by expressing like and acceptance, but these sentiments are situational rather than an expression of permanent feelings. If the person's mood or external situation changes, he or she may "turn off" the feelings instantly, even forgetting whom they had created the feeling of kinship with.
    I don't know if I'm extremely adept at establishing personal bonds. I mean I make friends but it just sort of happens. I'm not pushing hard for it or anything. It just happens all on it's own. I am adept at maintaining personal bonds once they're established. In fact, usually I'm the glue that holds most of my relationships together.

I do express like and acceptance.
    Last edited by Robot; 08-25-2008 at 03:59 PM.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you for real serious? Questions? Use of "WTH"?
    Btw that lol thing was a complete and total joke.
    The use of WTH in that situation was emotional effusiveness imo, not that an ethical type is continuously exclaiming zomgwtf, etc. It's more of how your posts are framed and the things you say in response to certain things. Once again, it's hard to verbalize.

I know the good terms bit was for IEI but I'll respond to it anyway. I do try to be on good terms with people I like but if I don't like the person then I don't care so much if I'm on good terms with him/her. But with those I don't like I won't necessarily be starting fights with them everyday either. I'll most likely avoid them and maybe purposely start something if I get really bored.
    I am in agreement.

When it comes to needing a postive emotional atmosphere to have internal peace. That doesn't really apply. My internal peace doen't depend so much on my external (people) environment. It depends more on other things. That said, I might be at peace and "centered" or whatever but I won't necessarily enjoy being in an environment with a strong negative emotional atmosphere either.
    I disagree, if I'm in a dangerous or unnerving environment, I don't know how anyone could feel at peace on the inside.

I couldn't live in an ugly or messy house though. That depresses me. Messiness because it sends a strong message of things not functioning and things being not ok. And ugly because well it's ugly.
    I live in a messy house xD. But if I had my own, I'd probably make it look nice. Like it reflects me, who I am. I don't want to look messy, and nor with my house.

I don't know if I'm extremely adept at establishing personal bonds. I mean I make friends but it just sort of happens. I'm not pushing hard for it or anything. It just happens all on it's own. I am adept at maintaining personal bonds once they're established. In fact, usually I'm the glue that holds most of my relationships together.

I do express like and acceptance.
    I agree with this, I just make friends without really trying much, and at times I'm the one who keeps the relationship going by running after people in the halls, injecting myself in a way. So yes.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fall semester started up for me and I don't have as much time anymore so I'm going to start dealing in impressions. I'll just say I haven't seen any Fi from you at all so far and I'll be very surprised if you eventually decide you relate better to delta than alpha. I'm not as convinced as Kam that you're ethical, however, as I think HA Fe can look a lot like Fe ego over the internet. That could just be because I suck at it though At this point I might see ILE as easy as SEI, personally, as I get a lot of Ne from you too (although I see that in some SEIs).

If you want just see if you relate better to mn0good and slackermom vs Jem here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...t=15285&page=2

IDK though because it's hard to be conscious of it I think. You could try doing an advanced search -- so you can select search thread titles only -- for "fi polr" "ti polr" and "te polr" (use quotes or it won't work) and see which fits best. I think PoLR tends to be pretty obvious.
    Last edited by BurntOrange; 08-26-2008 at 05:09 AM.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw, the thing I quoted as Ne seeking I have said to Allie many times, "I'll put you in a box", "I'll take your picture and sing songs to it", just the most random crap.

I have never seen a ILE stoop to such levels, although I myself do all the time
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw, the thing I quoted as Ne seeking I have said to Allie many times, "I'll put you in a box", "I'll take your picture and sing songs to it", just the most random crap.

I have never seen a ILE stoop to such levels, although I myself do all the time
    *raises one eyebrow*
    I hope the things I say don't come off sounding like that.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*raises one eyebrow*
    I hope the things I say don't come off sounding like that.
    Who said they do, although in my eyes it was equally random.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh! Fi?!?!? lol
    I saw it too, but I am hoping for SEI.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh! Fi?!?!? lol
    ???

My Fi is leaking?

What's going on?

???

?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, sorry, I was showering and getting some food. A lot of what we do is just trying to assign certain meanings in what you write to information elements, but any type can use any IM, just not to equal degrees. Your response to Kam probably could be seen as an Fi reaction, which I thought was hilarious since I had just posted that I hadn't seen any Fi from you. However, at this point it still seems to be an outlier that could've been caused by any number of things to me.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, sorry, I was showering. A lot of what we do is just trying to assign certain meanings in what you write to information elements, but any type can use any IM, just not to equal degrees. Your response to Kam probably could be seen as an Fi reaction, which I thought was hilarious since I had just posted that I hadn't seen any Fi from you. At this point it still seems to be an outlier that could've been caused by any number of things to me.
    I agree, I saw that as a post judging my character, like I was a weirdo.
    I'm not, I try to be very respectful.

anyway, I am going to bed.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, I saw that as a post judging my character, like I was a weirdo.
    I'm not, I try to be very respectful.

anyway, I am going to bed.
    Your character? No I don't judge those. People know who they are better than I do. I let them tell me who they are.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no clue.
    Don't worry, you can flip flop on your type like lots of members here. No need to nail it down.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm suspicious of you robot.

I'm gonna keep my eyes on you..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just curious, have you checked into IEI?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she should check into Fe creative if anything, but I get a huge Ne/Si vibe from the girl.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's a girl?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

robot is female.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

robot is female.
    It is?

- Voltaire

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like female robots
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Things not being ok" - do you mean in your life? Is that a sign that your life is not going very well?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=20895

This whole gender specific robot thing is slightly unpleasant to imagine though! I think I might be going into too much detail in my head

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

w/e hermaphrodite is ok with me too.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

w/e hermaphrodite is ok with me too.
    I liked it better when it was just a robot.

- Voltaire

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was aborted at 2 months. I'm actually not here right now typing this.
    Why do you remind me of a mix between Mime and I? Really. jeez, you're like the greatest hybrid ever to grace this earth.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like female robots
    <3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you remind me of a mix between Mime and I? Really. jeez, you're like the greatest hybrid ever to grace this earth.
    I am NOT like you.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am NOT like you.
    Stop playing games robot, or i will be forced to pull your cord and remove your battery. That wouldn't be very nice would it?
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop playing games robot, or i will be forced to pull your cord and remove your battery. That wouldn't be very nice would it?
    You sick perv! Keep your hands off my cord and batteries!!

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sick perv! Keep your hands off my cord and batteries!!
    be nice. jeez. I don't need all this drama omg.
    D-SEI 9w1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast