TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neverthesame View Post
    LOL at the idea of an EIE being hot.

And what's wrong with the suggestion that Trent Reznor might be a LII? If you think that a LII can't sing, play musical instruments and be addicted to strippers, steroids, alcohol, drugs and rock music, then you don't really know so much about this type. Some LII's have actually lived crazy lives before calming down at a certain age.
    If you read my posts I've said nothing about any those things, they have very little, if anything, to do with my typing of Reznor as IEI/very likely not LII.

My assessment of Reznor's type has mostly to do with the nature of his music, the emotions conveyed, his lyrics, manner of self-presentation, and visual resemblance to other IEIs.

Quote Originally Posted by neverthesame View Post
    @Gilly

Rereading that statement of mine, I realize now it sounds rude and offensive. Which is not what I wanted to say at all, on the contrary, in fact I wanted to give you a compliment. Well, nevermind...
    Lol no worries
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"Ni"N Anyways, this song is pretty awesome:

Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Se-less Ti, not Ni

by no means Sx/so

I don't know where others see sx/so. mby they just wanna push him against a wall and unzip his pants or smth.
    he has Sp tight motionless lips, kinda lifeless eyes, and constricted look. he reminds me of Galen's sp/sx public fetish. That may explain the apparently-Ni cut-veins hallucination lyrics.

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bump

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't be more ILI
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by handjob View Post
    Couldn't be more ILI
    def a gamma introvert

gamma has the coolest introverts*, if I do say so myself

*and extroverts

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's ILE. For a minute I was thinking LII but this is Benefit, not Semi-Duality:

And it shows Trent does showcase some Fe

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bump

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Trent Reznor, he's one of my most favorite people. I vote Ni-dom for him, probably ILI, gamma for sure.

TIM
    SeFi 485
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI
    He sits as though he owns the place, despite being an Enneagram 5, who is known to be disconnected from the body.
    He constructs a mental palace full of sounds, each one meaningful and indicative of a feeling or mood. There is a tremendous refined order to it, a world within worlds within worlds when it comes to meaning and technological proficiency. In order to do what he does, he has to pick apart a lot of computers, programs, music theory, instruments.. there's lots of Ti fodder.
    He is nothing if not willful and focused. Having spent half my life in music studios I can say with confidence that what he does is far more complex and intricate than even his fellow top musicians are able to break down. His songs are more difficult than most to cover, his time signatures are insane yet very 'ordered' in their own way, his machines create an order of their own! And that internal, highly original structure is *embodied* in his music. Ti-Se.
    His lyrics are a pointed, bold assertion of his highly subjective "felt and believed" truth. (Very Ji.) Inferior Fe pours out in the overdone , overdramatic, "YOU BETRAYED ME," "YOU LIED!" .... it's arguably a powerful Se-boosted inferior Fe release. His lyrics also read as if his proficiency in emotions and relations is quite weak, but his will to exert them behind the safe bars of a controlled setting, a "tower of self and machines," is huge.
    Last edited by Volcana; 06-15-2017 at 12:15 AM.
    This forum is a haven for art, archetypes, typology and more! Join the tribe.
    ----> ARCHETRIBE.COM <----

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Volcano View Post
    LSI
    He sits as though he owns the place, despite being an Enneagram 5, who is known to be disconnected from the body.
    He constructs a mental palace full of sounds, each one meaningful and indicative of a feeling or mood. There is a tremendous refined order to it, a world within worlds within worlds when it comes to meaning and technological proficiency. In order to do what he does, he has to pick apart a lot of computers, programs, music theory, instruments.. there's lots of Ti fodder.
    He is nothing if not willful and focused. Having spent half my life in music studios I can say with confidence that what he does is far more complex and intricate than even his fellow top musicians are able to break down. His songs are more difficult than most to cover, his time signatures are insane yet very 'ordered' in their own way, his machines create an order of their own! And that internal, highly original structure is *embodied* in his music. Ti-Se.
    His lyrics are a pointed, bold assertion of his highly subjective "felt and believed" truth. (Very Ji.) Inferior Fe pours out in the overdone , overdramatic, "YOU BETRAYED ME," "YOU LIED!" .... it's arguably a powerful Se-boosted inferior Fe release. His lyrics also read as if his proficiency in emotions and relations is quite weak, but his will to exert them behind the safe bars of a controlled setting, a "tower of self and machines," is huge.
    Really interesting take on it. I still think he's 100% ILI, though. His wife is even SEE.

But if he truly is LSI then I'll have to go back to EIE again lmao.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    SeFi 485
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Lessons View Post
    Really interesting take on it. I still think he's 100% ILI, though. His wife is even SEE.

But if he truly is LSI then I'll have to go back to EIE again lmao.
    Haha.
    I don't know. I need to look into his wife, but at a glance she looks like a perfect statuesque woman, more often associated with EIE-Fe. Someone who always strikes the perfect pose, with tremendous emotion in her eyes, an ethereal beauty. This is just glancing at photos - I'll research more.

Remember that Te is pragmatic. There is nothing "pragmatic" about the depths of what he is doing, even if it does yield concrete results. There is also nothing in his performance or the way he talks, to indicate Fe PolR. He changes his voice when making a point, is somewhat conscious of his presentation in short spurts, and otherwise very oriented in his body (fidgeting etc).

What he is doing is oriented toward logic.. breaking down computer language, theory, different parts of a song etc. That particular process is much more Ti than Ni.

TIM
    SeFi 485
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her voice, by the way, is very NF ethereal rather than Se "embodied."
    Her body language is still and serene, like EIE-Fe mannequin. Every expression is picture perfect, controlled, not too much motion or bluster.
    I vote she is EIE-Fe.

Ethical subtype Fe-ENFj (Fe-EIE)

Description by V. Meged and A. Ovcharov

Fe-EIE Appearance:
    The ethical subtype is internally very emotional, but usually modest and restrained in expression of his feelings. Unobtrusive in conversation, tries to behave according to the rules of good tone and manners. Vulnerable and easily takes offense. In his heart and soul he often experiences dramatic emotions, but around strangers hides and tries to control them. It is difficult for him to truly relax, inside he is tense and high-strung, vulnerable and quite self-loving. Has a lot of insecurities, from which he usually suffers but tries not to show this. Outwardly can be proud and unapproachable. Usually secretive and careful, exercises foresight and thinks things over in advance. Somewhat unsure in himself, but has patience and perseverance, and knows how to attain his goals. Very demanding in requiring others to observe ethical norms of behavior, and often cannot hold himself back from making remarks or giving advice when he sees that someone, from his point of view, is not behaving correctly. Characterized by swings of mood. Can be coldly haughty, stubborn, and demanding, then soft, heartfelt, considerate, and even vulnerable and defenseless. Holds himself with dignity. His movements are precise, but smooth, sometimes demonstrative. Dresses modestly and with taste, but if he wishes can look very effective.

Fe-EIE Character:
    Inclined to constant analysis of people and events. Thinks a lot about moral and ethical issues. Tries to instill in others his own understanding of various phenomena or his worldview, to help avoid mistakes in life in general or in specific activities.

Exercises foresight and caution. Senses impending dangers, knows how to take the necessary steps to avoid it. Inclined to dramatize events and to warn others about possible trouble. Tries to caution and safeguard people close to him from making wrong steps. Can show excessive initiative, even seem somewhat imposing. With strangers he is charming and helpful, usually tries to make a good impression. Warm and welcoming, has a wide circle of friends, open and sincere with them, but to a limit.

While he foresees further development of events, he doesn't like to rush them, hesitates making a decision, wavers, weighting out all the "pros" and "cons". Doesn't like when he is hurried. Ignores the attempts of others to impose any other pace. In conversation, gives a lot of attention to details.

Often takes the initiative in making acquaintances and contacts. Oriented at correct, appropriate, polite attitude towards himself. Needs sensitive, attentive, careful relation to his person, intolerant of familiarity in communication. Self-loving, sensitive and vulnerable, for a long remembers offenses and insults. Respects people not only for their personal qualities and achievements, but also for their position in society. Tries to understand the motives and predict future actions of people around him, to give them timely advice.

A romantic in his soul, put feelings above reason. Emotional, with difficulty hides his sufferings and emotions, but in deeds usually demonstrates caution. Only after carefully weighting everything out can make a radical decision. After that, not inclined to make compromises. He would rather suffer a defeat than renounce his beliefs, as he has a tendency for self-suggestion. Distrustful by nature, skeptically oriented, critical towards the actions of others. Appreciates words, but prefers concrete evidence of affections and practical services. Nitpicking when it comes to his outward appearance, takes care of his looks and his manners of behavior.

Values ​​his authority and reputation of a serious person. Distrustful of unverified information. Afraid to make a mistake, prefers to share responsibility for some assignment or task with someone else. Proactive, operative, diligent, seriously considers work that was assigned to him. Does not like doing several things at once, but when he feels that he cannot delay any longer, can with much energy and vigor complete a significant bulk of work within a short period of time.

Usually focused on important problems, from which it's difficult to distract him. In the interests of his project or business, turns to other people to fulfill small requests and assignments, fearing that he might lose sight of something important. Accurate with details in his work, brings everything to its finish. Strives toward order and aesthetics in everyday life. Meticulously about his appearance, following the appearance and behavior.

Has difficulty attaining an inner balance. Due to this, is often in suppressed mood. Overly suspicious, prone to seeing dangers, proud. Doesn't like when he is being observed and watch, inclined to do his household tasks when nobody can witness him. Sufficiently self-critical, mistrustful of compliments in his address. Painfully endures criticism of his appearance and behavior.

Fe-EIE Description by Victor Gulenko: Very emotionally excitable, can be sharp. Shows high intensity of emotions. Decisive and artistic. Easily given to ecstasy, high affect, exaltation. Has aristocratic manners. Frequently a good speaker, or a political leader with patriotic inclinations. Internally dramatic and spontaneous, likes to demonstrate his opinion. Outwardly he can shock people around him by extremes in how he dresses: may looks like a homeless person with soiled sleeves, or, to the contrary, dress very brightly, vividly, or aristocratically extravagantly.

Disclaimer: I may be dissuaded once I've watched more videos. I will report back soon.

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree with most of the people here, him being ILI and his wife looks SEE. His latest EP is amazing with only 5 songs, but the album before that was a flop and he even had to explain for about 40 minutes at the end of the album, and I wish it was more dynamic. Pretty dark music, but really soothing.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His music and lyrics has always made sense to me, but is very dark in a way that makes me a bit depressed. Definitely negativist I would say. And definitely lots and lots of Ni. Even his VI has the "staring at some Faraway place" mode Ni valuing types have. Definitely NT and Ni valuing so since he is not LIE, ILI is the answer

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    I love Trent Reznor, he's one of my most favorite people. I vote Ni-dom for him, probably ILI, gamma for sure.

I think so too, and I am not stroking my own ego here. This is pure recognition.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post

I think so too, and I am not stroking my own ego here.
    Sure it's not.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    Sure it's not.
    When I say something I mean it. But I suppose since you are misinterpreting me, you have a different point of origin when you communicate.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I say something I mean it. But I suppose since you are misinterpreting me, you have a different point of origin when you communicate.
    The fact that you have to deny that you're stroking your ego is the only thing that makes you sound like you're stroking your ego. If you just cut off after "I think so too" that wouldn't've come off as ego stroking at all, and "This is pure recognition," just comes off as thou doth protest too much to me. All of the typing the same as famous people is ego stroking. I'd say it's OK since that's a lot of what typology is for, but denying it is pointless.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that you have to deny that you're stroking your ego is the only thing that makes you sound like you're stroking your ego. If you just cut off after "I think so too" that wouldn't've come off as ego stroking at all, and "This is pure recognition," just comes off as thou doth protest too much to me. All of the typing the same as famous people is ego stroking. I'd say it's OK since that's a lot of what typology is for, but denying it is pointless.
    Ugh, white noise. I don't find explaining myself to some random insect enjoyable. So I won't.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh, white noise. I don't find explaining myself to some random insect enjoyable. So I won't.
    You can deny the truth all you want. I am no insect.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can deny the truth all you want. I am no insect.
    *Autism increases*

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He doesn't actually care, he is just good at channeling people who do. Like an interview he is asked what he thinks about X, and he asks somebody else. "I don't know. What do I think?" He reminds me of Marilyn Manson, and myself, in that they believe in nothing but act like they really care. They can channel Fi but are really like, "whatever" about it. You expect them to have these firm opinions but they are just looking for a reaction.

Regardless of type, both these guys are much less serious irl than their personas.
    "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it, and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    His music and lyrics has always made sense to me, but is very dark in a way that makes me a bit depressed. Definitely negativist I would say. And definitely lots and lots of Ni. Even his VI has the "staring at some Faraway place" mode Ni valuing types have. Definitely NT and Ni valuing so since he is not LIE, ILI is the answer
    They make me feel strong. "There is no time to discriminate, just hate every motherfucker that is in your way." I know I am going with his hits but this is a march. I am ready to go . lol. And afterwards he commented how blacks were particularly uncomfortable because they are so religious. He knows people and targets them. Oh shit, I thought we were talking about Manson. lol. For a minute there, I lost myself.

I don't want ya, and I don't need ya. Try to resist and I'll beat ya. It's not your fault you are always wrong, the weak are there to justify the strong. That is not in Reznor's songs. It is Nietzsche like shit actually. Manson. The hatred of weakness. That is will to power and Se seeking.

"And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it, and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tearsofaclown View Post
    They make me feel strong. "There is no time to discriminate, just hate every motherfucker that is in your way." I know I am going with his hits but this is a march. I am ready to go . lol. And afterwards he commented how blacks were particularly uncomfortable because they are so religious. He knows people and targets them. Oh shit, I thought we were talking about Manson. lol. For a minute there, I lost myself.

I also like that kind of lyrics but I try to limit listening to Manson it brings out my nihilistic tendencies

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I also like that kind of lyrics but I try to limit listening to Manson it brings out my nihilistic tendencies
    Does the opposite to me. Makes me want to get up. Which fits with Se seeking. Se seeking wants a strong personality to lay down the gauntlet for them and make them prove themselves.

Well actually that may apply more to EIE. LIE has Te and can make decisions. Don't need others to light their fire. EIE have no idea what to do with themselves and cant stick to anything. Fe is impressionable that way. I have said before that Fe is the most gullible function. But it eventually learns.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tearsofaclown View Post
    Regardless of type, both these guys are much less serious irl than their personas.
    Exactly. This is what annoys me about all this nonsense. Trent Renzor's persona isn't even that good. If is Fi is horrible, his Ni is worse, as far as his music goes. He might be some ILI businessman, but the music is not really deep or dark or expressive of any type, ditto with Marylin Manson. It's why I was annoyed at goths in high school as well. It's just a 24/7 Halloween party, not really dark or deep or weird. I say there's less Ni than Fi in Trent's music because it's all ranting about relationships and not much intracite symbolism.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. This is what annoys me about all this nonsense. Trent Renzor's persona isn't even that good. If is Fi is horrible, his Ni is worse, as far as his music goes. He might be some ILI businessman, but the music is not really deep or dark or expressive of any type, ditto with Marylin Manson. It's why I was annoyed at goths in high school as well. It's just a 24/7 Halloween party, not really dark or deep or weird. I say there's less Ni than Fi in Trent's music because it's all ranting about relationships and not much intracite symbolism.
    Agreed but I wanted to comment that I hated goths in high school too. lol. Same reason. The more you try to be different, you more you act the same.

Like biker gangs. You aren't free. You just found another system that dissolves the self.

I was watching something on German biker gangs. I always say this mindset is 6. They asked a guy what he would do if he wasnt in the gang. He says he doesnt know. It gives him meaning. He has no purpose without it . Exactly. Goths, bikers, punks, all 6s. lol. And I consider the need of the herd like that to be weakness. You need a gang of people to feel tough. You can't be anything on your own. I despise that. It is cowardly.

There was this guy on per c who wrote pages, hundreds of them about being a sociopath. I dont talk about it, I am it. lol. Like Dali said, I dont need drugs. I am drugs. "You smoke this shit to escape from reality? I don't need that shit. I AM reality. "

I do not experience; I am experience. I am not the subject of experience; I am that experience. I am awareness. Nothing else can be I or can exist.

-Bruce Lee

Lee is the opposite of these guys, he is much deeper than he appears. Malcolm X is another who is deeper than he seems. And that is the real issue here. goths think they are intellectually superior to "jocks" like X and Lee. No. lol. These guys know philosophy and poetry.

anybody who expresses themselves through their appearance I got some Shakespeare. I have no crown. My crown is content.

Second Keeper
    Ay, but thou talk'st as if thou wert a king.
    KING HENRY VI
    Why, so I am, in mind; and that's enough.
    Second Keeper
    But, if thou be a king, where is thy crown?
    KING HENRY VI
    My crown is in my heart, not on my head;
    Not decked with diamonds and Indian stones,
    Nor to be seen: my crown is called content:
    A crown it is that seldom kings enjoy.
    Last edited by Tearsofaclown; 06-20-2017 at 09:24 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi! I think Trent Reznor type is : ISTP-L

Myers-Briggs : ISTP-L (Limbic, not Calm) (I) 61,25% (S) 80% (T) 80% (P) 92,5%

Big Five/OCEAN : RLUEN

Enneagram: 8w7(sw7w6) Ennatype 8 - Level 4

Socionics : SLI

Disc : (SI) Steady, Influencial

Don Riso Subtype : The Entreprising Adventurer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rather believe that his wife, she's INTP - Enneagram 5w4(sw6w5) - Socionics LII.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILI

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILI.

His wife, Mariqueen Mandig, seems Fe-EIE and that regardless of Reznor's type.
    Last edited by Ave; 09-23-2018 at 07:54 AM.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he is SLI.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the narrowest eyes are associated to Ni dominants by Augusta ^^

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    His wife, Mariqueen Mandig, seems Fe-EIE and that regardless of Reznor's type.
    IEI

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI-Ni. Definitely a gamma introvert like me.
    Last edited by Disturbed; 12-14-2020 at 03:54 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought mbti-istp LSI he likes equipment and he’s got ITR with Gary Numan mbti-intj ILI. They are friends.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Trent Reznor - ESFJ - Hugo

Attachment 12956
    lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked Broken and The Fragile, the angry depressive energy with the unique sounds and lyrics.

His type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast