Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winterpark

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    The Juju-niffweed thing might illustrate general Democracy versus Aristocracy.

niffweed probably understands his own vitriol as attacking a person's argumentation, or more specifically their ability to reflect the reality of a situation. Is he actually putting down their general intelligence, educational pedigree, or some other "endowment"? Perhaps not so much. I can imagine niffweed calling lots of academically-accomplished "intellectuals" moronic, too, if he doesn't value their output.

Aristocratic quadras seem more sensitive to terms _potentially judging their "endowments" [and prone to interpreting them as that potentiality] Either because hierarchal authority is their own game [as in Beta] or because it's precisely the opposite of it [Delta], and thus a vulnerability.

That said, I think it's quite possible Juju's self-typing is correct and he was using his Role and 8th function against what might have been perceived as "fighting dirty" already. Regardless, if niffweed wants to avoid any such put-downs, he should probably trade the hamfisted one-liners for something more constructive and precise. It might also do other gammas some good to consider other possible interpretations of the situation before sounding the hierarchical alarm.
    Ti/Fe versus Te/Fi, not democracy/aristocracy.

of course, by no means is this something universal among Ti people, but in juju's case it's very easy for me to see his reaction as an status-oriented, Fe-based argument tactic.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Who the fuck is Chelsea Handler, and why is she SLE?
    A quick topic search could have cleared that up for you. There was a thread about her (comedian) where it was commonly believed by the participants of the discussion that Handler was either SLE or LIE.

Ritella and Jessica (sorry to mention your name again) seemed to agree that Handler's "beta attitude" was what 'repusled' Jessica.

Obviously, I was asking niffweed (not you) if he believed that said anything about Jessica's type (with him thinking she's SLE).

Is there any other reason you perceive him to be Si/Te? Cause I'm not seeing it.
    Wasn't making the case that Loki was Si/Te so much as not likely Se/Ti. It was also more about asking niffweed to elaborate on his views than an arguement against them.

What type are you? I think you're disgusting and repulsive. Does this make me your identical now?
    Nope.

Nor did I claim that's how it worked with anyone else.

B&D's emotional displays are incredibly tiring. I'm not surprised she feels repulsed by them.
    She wasn't "repusled" by B&D.

Do you think all SLEs do this?
    Good point. I've only known two SLEs, I don't exactly have a large number of them to observe and analyze, so I'm only able to go on what I've read on the wikisocion. Perhaps I should have read the logical subtype first.

If you have more you'd like to share on the subject of SLE behavior and how any self typed SLIs in the forum fit those descriptions better than SLI, then I'd be happy to read about it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    Ti/Fe versus Te/Fi, not democracy/aristocracy.

of course, by no means is this something universal among Ti people, but in juju's case it's very easy for me to see his reaction as an status-oriented, Fe-based argument tactic.
    Bullshit.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    Obviously, I was asking niffweed (not you) if he believed that said anything about Jessica's type (with him thinking she's SLE).
    i don't know; i am very minimally familiar with chelsea handler.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't know; i am very minimally familiar with chelsea handler.
    lol.

The question was really more about how a 'reserved' (logical perhaps) SLE would view someone else using in the form of aggressive sex jokes in public than it was about Handler herself.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is a disgusting human being and if I ever come across as she does, i'll gladly off myself without hesitation.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Wait. Is this your reasoning for someone being an aristocrat?
    Actually, the easiest way to tell if someone is an aristocrat is the amount of incest, zoophilia, pedophilia, murder, sodomy, and rape regularly occurs on family nights.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Actually, the easiest way to tell if someone is an aristocrat is the amount of incest, zoophilia, pedophilia, murder, sodomy, and rape regularly occurs on family nights.
    Yes. Accordingly now if someone takes offense at repeatedly being insulted then it means they are both taciturn and the same time as declaring with a squeeze of asking juice to supplement any narratorial connotations. This means that the iridium flow indicates that taking offense at being insulted, or of course periodically using smilie emoticons points to no one having a clue about what possible type they should be. I think.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    I thought that was how you decided whether someone belonged to a Ti/Fe-valuing quadra.
    Of course not. You do not judge whether or not someone is of a Ti/Fe-valuing quadra by their activities, but by their remarkably lower intelligence and greater frequencies of mental illness or psychiatric problems.
    Johari Box

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    This kind of "hierarchical put-down", as in "I am more worthy than you", is more like a " re-arrangement of the social roles in the discussion" -- as in "shut your mouth because I am more important than you", and your universities, etc, make you more important.

I don't know whether to see it as insecurity - as in, having no other argument left - or as a natural inclination. Either way, for your information, I assure you that it has precisely the opposite effect on many people.
    I understand this.

Regardless, I feel like I need to remind you that Niffweed has not (still has not) put forth ANY BACKING for his argument in this thread--as relates to Smccosker, or anyone. In fact, his argument with me regarding smccosker's type was, "you are a moron." *End of Niffweed's argument.*

Now: if you think that calling someone a "moron" twice is a "having a [logical, right Expat?] argument." Well, it's not.

Also, if you think that name-calling is something I'll tolerate--for whatever reason, ENFp or w/e--it's not. Whomever said I took it as him "fighting dirty"--you're right... Calling someone a "moron" is not 'engaging in a gentlemanly argument' or 'discussing ideas'--I feel silly having to explain this.... I figured it would speak for itself.

Now, as to what I wrote having "precisely the opposite effect on many people"--yes, I understand this... Remember, for years, I've had to tell ppl where I'm going to school... In return I often received the Church Lady (Dana Carvey on SNL) smile/frown *well, isn't he special?* Some people seem genuinely happy for me; others seem jealous and off-put.

Regardless, the argument was started by: "you are a moron." Twice. Think about it. It seems like many of you have missed that.

Peace.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not pull out or flaunt the names of universities. But if the person persisted in ignorance of the topic, I would probably let the individual know if I had a certain level of exposure and expertise in the particular field. That is more of a "if nothing else works" measure of last resort.
    Johari Box

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not pull out or flaunt the names of universities. But if the person persisted in ignorance of the topic, I would probably let the individual know if I had a certain level of exposure and expertise in the particular field. That is more of a "if nothing else works" measure of last resort.
    Yes...

In this case, there was no argument on his part... Unless you count writing, "you're a moron" twice... Which I do believe demonstrates a level of ignorance... Just straight-up name-calling...

LOL @ Cyclops up above!!

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    I understand this.

Regardless, I feel like I need to remind you that Niffweed has not (still has not) put forth ANY BACKING for his argument in this thread--as relates to Smccosker, or anyone. In fact, his argument with me regarding smccosker's type was, "you are a moron." *End of Niffweed's argument.*

Now: if you think that calling someone a "moron" twice is a "having a [logical, right Expat?] argument." Well, it's not.

Also, if you think that name-calling is something I'll tolerate--for whatever reason, ENFp or w/e--it's not. Whomever said I took it as him "fighting dirty"--you're right... Calling someone a "moron" is not 'engaging in a gentlemanly argument' or 'discussing ideas'--I feel silly having to explain this.... I figured it would speak for itself.

Now, as to what I wrote having "precisely the opposite effect on many people"--yes, I understand this... Remember, for years, I've had to tell ppl where I'm going to school... In return I often received the Church Lady (Dana Carvey on SNL) smile/frown *well, isn't he special?* Some people seem genuinely happy for me; others seem jealous and off-put.

Regardless, the argument was started by: "you are a moron." Twice. Think about it. It seems like many of you have missed that.

Peace.
    It sounds to me that what you were doing was explaining, in a reasonable manner, how you could not be a moron. That's what it seems like to me and making reasonable enough sense on that basis.

Name calling such as this seems to be an argument that's been used to say that Phaedrus is of Fe valuing, and his lack of explanation is downplayed Te. Maybe this means, on this basis of how Niffweed was acting, that he's not an ILI either.

Seriously the reasons for questioning peoples types around here are becoming more and more surreal.
    Last edited by Cyclops; 08-11-2008 at 08:24 PM.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually didn't think what JuJu said was such a big deal.

I saw it as: someone questioned his intellect. Therefore, JuJu sited schools he's been to as evidence that he is indeed quite intelligent. And effectively said, 'if you're going to repeatedly question my intelligence, why don't you tell us where you've been educated?'

Seemed like a fairly common reaction I'd expect from someone in his position of the discussion.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats not remotely fair. as relates to smccosker, true, but certainly not to jessica or lokivanguard.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Yes. Accordingly now if someone takes offense at repeatedly being insulted then it means they are both taciturn and the same time as declaring with a squeeze of asking juice to supplement any narratorial connotations. This means that the iridium flow indicates that taking offense at being insulted, or of course periodically using smilie emoticons points to no one having a clue about what possible type they should be. I think.
    You're making stuff up!
    Johari Box

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    (but how on earth can juju claim he's an expert in socionics based on going to harvard?)
    You have different interpretation of the exchange than I do, obviously... I was called a "moron," i.e. an unqualified statement. You took that to mean, 'a moron re: Socionics.'

I didn't claim to be "an expert in Socionics" by virtue of attending certain universities--just that I am not "a moron." (Anyone who calls another person a "moron," I believe, would be well served by taking a long look in the mirror.)

As to being an "expert in Socionics"--I am not a novice by any means, although there are people on this forum, (e.g. Expat, Rick,) who certainly know the theory better... I've seen Niffweed's typings, and he certainly has no authority to call me a "moron" in any regard, Socionics or not.

I am curious as to why you've reacted so strongly to this.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, then perhaps this is a form of intellectual insecurity on your own part. the best way to alleviate that is to perhaps go read some more until you're confident. what is annoying to me, and how i interpreted it, is that you seem to believe that someone's age somehow makes them more or less equipped to talk about socionics and have opinions on types. that's a bit daft in my opinion. and it most certainly qualifies as ageist at the least.
    Implied, from what you write here and elsewhere, I'm not sure that you're looking at this matter from both sides... Perhaps it would be beneficial for the sake of this conversation--and understanding in general--if you attempted to do so.

That said, if reacting against name-calling is your definition of "intellectual insecurity," then guilty Another interpretation of this same situation would be the one that most people learn during grade school, i.e. name-calling (e.g. "you are a moron,") is often reflective of insecurity, or at the very least, immaturity.

Call me "ageist" if you'd like, but I believe that calling someone a "moron" without provocation is reflective of immaturity... Perhaps, in this case, the person-in-question's immaturity can be attributed to his age/education/socialization, etc..?

i barely think niffweed's typings are enough to "prove" him as some sort of moron honestly. although i don't agree with all his typings, he has quite a few -- just as many as rick/expat/etc -- which are legit. perhaps you'd like to throw a 16-sided die instead?
    You'll note I never said that Niffweed was a moron... In my previous post, I suggested that before he goes calling ppl names, he ought to 'take a look in the mirror,' so to speak.

As regards Socionics, he has no authority to call me a moron... That said, I respect that he's given typing a shot--it can be difficult.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I realize I have about 50 posts so this will prob get ignored, but...
    I have a lot of problems with this thread. mainly because i see the point of this forum as a learning experience, and this seems to promote a lot of misunderstandings.
    Socionics is a really difficult subject matter to discuss, because there's no real way to prove anything as most of the axioms about actions/comments being evidence of a certain function/element are assumptions based on the understanding of that function/element and an assumption about which types will use it with whatever frequency. I'm not attempting to prove anything because I know I can't, but I want to say a few things:
    - Jessica and LV remind me the most of anyone I know in real life. Jessica, in particular, could be a clone of my best friend. I have typed this friend as SLI both from her mannerisms and her relation to me.
    -I think that some people's understanding of SLIs and Delta quadra values is very different from my own. My experience with SLIs is that they can seem very "un-Delta" in their sort of superficial criticisms of people. However, they, themselves, see these remarks as superficial (albeit the only ones about people that they can make) as evidenced by the value they place over their own comments on suggestions from ENFPs and INFJs.
    -I empathise with Juju and his reaction to niff. I would have said the same thing. Whether this is an Se argument is possible, but I am EII, so take from that what you will...
    -I think Juju's comment arose out of frustration- something that I feel, as well, when I read some of niffweed's posts. From my perspective it seems as if niff is arbitrarily selecting people to believe as adequate sources of info, possibly based on whether they think similarly to him. Because of this, in the event that one thinks niff is wrong in something, it seems impossible to create an entry point in which your points will be considered because you'll only be reconfirming yourself as a bad source. And, as I said, there's no way to really "prove" anything. I think Juju was just attempting the only means he felt was at his disposal to illustrate that- from his accomplishments in other intellectual endeavors- he is at least worthy of consideration as a potentially reliable source.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    I think Juju was just attempting the only means he felt was at his disposal to illustrate that- from his accomplishments in other intellectual endeavors- he is at least worthy of consideration as a potentially reliable source.

I don't disagree with anything you said (I think), but with regards to JuJu, going to Harvard has no relevence to Socionics, so to many of us following the exchange, it seems like a comical comment, regardless of how sincere and successful JuJu may have been in proving that he is not a moron in the literal sense.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I see no reason why saying "you're a moron" and "no, i went to harvard" wouldn't be evidence of the same element.
    And if it is attributed to Se, then why are the Se valuing Gamma NTs not drinking it up?
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    I don't disagree with anything you said (I think), but with regards to JuJu, going to Harvard has no relevence to Socionics, so to many of us following the exchange, it seems like a comical comment, regardless of how sincere and successful JuJu may have been in proving that he is not a moron in the literal sense.
    Yes, that was my point. To a certain extent I don't think one can really prove aptitude in Socionics, particularly to one who thinks he is competent in Socionics and with whose conclusions you disagree. Therefore, saying that you've had aptitude in other intellectual endeavors is sort of you're only hope...
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I have noticed absolutely zero change in winterpark.

hahahah

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, that was my point. To a certain extent I don't think one can really prove aptitude in Socionics, particularly to one who thinks he is competent in Socionics and with whose conclusions you disagree. Therefore, saying that you've had aptitude in other intellectual endeavors is sort of you're only hope...
    Perhaps... at least here, confidence in your abilities is a numbers game backed by a lot of arguing. If I dare say it, gaining credibility requires the willingness to tolerate being called a moron now and again.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps... at least here, confidence in your abilities is a numbers game backed by a lot of arguing. If I dare say it, gaining credibility requires the willingness to tolerate being called a moron now and again.
    ah ok. i think this may be a difference in perception. to me (and i'd guess for Juju), being called a moron is not saying "i disagree with you in this moment," but rather "you don't have the _capacity_ to understand this or anything else, for that matter." i wouldn't tolerate the latter implication from anyone in any medium. to you, is it like the former?
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah ok. i think this may be a difference in perception. to me (and i'd guess for Juju), being called a moron is not saying "i disagree with you in this moment," but rather "you don't have the _capacity_ to understand this or anything else, for that matter." i wouldn't tolerate the latter implication from anyone in any medium. to you, is it like the former?
    Close to the former. I can't speak for niffweed, but if I wrote that, it would be the equivalent of, "I disrespect your input on this issue". It would say nothing about the user's general intelligence, and the jury would be out on their understanding of other Socionics topics. I can fall down stairs, but that doesn't mean I'm a clutz.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pleased that the analysis has become increasingly less reactionary ('group-think) and increasingly more sane as the thread's progressed.

Niffweed's initial statement was re: smccosker's type... Smccosker is going to be here in a little while and stay for a few days, so I suppose we'll see about his type...

force my hand:
    "gaining credibility requires the willingness to tolerate being called a moron now and again."

"Gaining credibility?" Honestly force, you're reading into it too much... It was just a response to two statements, e.g. "you are a moron." That's all.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah ok. i think this may be a difference in perception. to me (and i'd guess for Juju), being called a moron is not saying "i disagree with you in this moment," but rather "you don't have the _capacity_ to understand this or anything else, for that matter." i wouldn't tolerate the latter implication from anyone in any medium.
    Very well-put... To me, the statement--made twice without provocation--was insulting.

Regardless, we'll see if smccosker is SLI or SLE... To use your analogy force, no one has fallen down the stairs yet.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    I actually didn't think what JuJu said was such a big deal.

I saw it as: someone questioned his intellect. Therefore, JuJu sited schools he's been to as evidence that he is indeed quite intelligent. And effectively said, 'if you're going to repeatedly question my intelligence, why don't you tell us where you've been educated?'

Seemed like a fairly common reaction I'd expect from someone in his position of the discussion.
    re: juju's comment. Isn't this something that could be seen as someone using a Te HA when threatened?

re: arguments in this thread. Yes, it does seem that social behaviors are being attributed to a particular quadra when they could be indicators of several quadras. I think many, and Joy's posts come to mind. on this forum agree that in certain instances we all share, Se + Ti can appear as Te; Creative Fi can appear to be Fe.. etc

re: Jessica's, LokiVanguard and Winterpark's types. When they are caught in conflict, Jessica and Winterpark's reaction of choice seems to fit the ISTps I know in real life, as well as functionally. Se goes with Ti or Fi. For the ti types I see them reacting verbally, often with a witty control of their words. For Se Fi types they may react with cutting insults. I believe that Jessica and Winterpark's reactions are neither. LV is a little different.. I would consider ISFp for him but my interactions with him one on one actually point against any sort of elitism (which is what I gather he's being accused of?) which doesn't necessarily mean Fe and he also seems against showy impressions or attention.. which i find to be a sign of Fe devaluing.. Fe polr and they will freeze up or turn beet red.. and this is a continuing impression i've gotten from this chill guy. Currently I think IStp is the best fit for him.

I also think jessica has Fi HA and Fe polr... and her sensory pursuits are executed in an Ixxp manner. I think she's ISTp. I find her very sweet despite any outward behavior.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Originally Posted by Ritella
    ah ok. i think this may be a difference in perception. to me (and i'd guess for Juju), being called a moron is not saying "i disagree with you in this moment," but rather "you don't have the _capacity_ to understand this or anything else, for that matter." i wouldn't tolerate the latter implication from anyone in any medium."

Very well-put... To me, the statement--made twice without provocation--was insulting.

Regardless, we'll see if smccosker is SLI or SLE... To use your analogy force, no one has fallen down the stairs yet.

yeah i think that is very insulting to an Ne type. it's their job, their persona to find ways to understand.

of course, that means nought to whether or not someone else thinks they are able to.
    Last edited by Ms. Kensington; 08-12-2008 at 01:21 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Gaining credibility?" Honestly force, you're reading into it too much... It was just a response to two statements, e.g. "you are a moron." That's all.
    When there is no real objective source of information (historical figures aside), credibility is largely gained by writing a lot... That also means arguing a lot, of which a thick skin is a healthy part. I don't think I'm reading too much into it, as the association seems pretty straight forward to me.

Not that I've formed any sort of opinion, or necessarily commenting on the thickness of your skin. Rest assured that as a Fe-fucker I wouldn't hesitate to say it.

To use your analogy force, no one has fallen down the stairs yet.
    Haha, fair enough man... and as the analogy goes, it wouldn't be a problem if they had.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    re: juju's comment. Isn't this something that could be seen as someone using a Te HA when threatened?

re: arguments in this thread. Yes, it does seem that social behaviors are being attributed to a particular quadra when they could be indicators of several quadras. I think many, and Joy's posts come to mind. on this forum agree that in certain instances we all share, Se + Ti can appear as Te; Creative Fi can appear to be Fe.. etc

re: Jessica's, LokiVanguard and Winterpark's types. When they are caught in conflict, Jessica and Winterpark's reaction of choice seems to fit the ISTps I know in real life, as well as functionally. Se goes with Ti or Fi. For the ti types I see them reacting verbally, often with a witty control of their words. For Se Fi types they may react with cutting insults. I believe that Jessica and Winterpark's reactions are neither. LV is a little different.. I would consider ISFp for him but my interactions with him one on one actually point against any sort of elitism (which is what I gather he's being accused of?) and this is a continuing impression i've gotten from this chill guy. Currently I think IStp is the best fit for him.

I also think jessica has Fi HA and Fe polr... and her sensory pursuits are executed in an Ixxp manner. I think she's ISTp. I find her very sweet despite any outward behavior.
    Thank you, Ms. K...like I was telling mn0good in a PM, the said people who have typed me as ESTP have never even spoken with me one on one. They don't know anything about my personality, really. How I am on the board is completely different than how I think i am one-on-one. And I hope people realize that i was joking when i called myself ESTP...I was mocking those people who say that as it is so completely hilarious. If anything, the only other type i could ever possibly be is INTP.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i also think an Fi quadra member is more likely to get upset about someone claiming to know them without "getting to know" them. I am Fe quadra type and get psyched out that there is something that i've done that may affect who i am. My Fe signals to my mood change. Anyone can notify me of them, since they are everywhere. They accumulate to support a point that my Ti can evaluate. *

*might be functional BS

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as the analogy goes, it wouldn't be a problem if they had.
    It's true, and I'll certainly let everyone know if I do...

But that's also the point, force: given that Niffweed does not know smccosker--I do--his "you are a moron" comment should not have been made in the first place. Niffweed was rendering an uninformed opinion with zero argument... And in a very immature way. (I wish that more people would comment on this.)

Thus the response he received from me.

Regardless, my response was controversial... His insults..? I suppose that people just expect this sort of behavior from him..?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my perspective it seems as if niff is arbitrarily selecting people to believe as adequate sources of info, possibly based on whether they think similarly to him. Because of this, in the event that one thinks niff is wrong in something, it seems impossible to create an entry point in which your points will be considered because you'll only be reconfirming yourself as a bad source.
    this should not come as any kind of a surprise, but i staunchly disagree that any kind of judgment can as such be construed as "arbitrary." nor is there any particular prejudice of juju's intelligence involved; if he says things in the future that i agree with i would be perfectly willing to acknowledge them as such.

however, anybody that believes that smccosker is SLI is unbelievably full of shit -- trying to affirm that particular typing, as juju has done, is very likely to make me believe that you're an idiot and entirely clueless.

in juju's case, i have not observed him closely, but i have noted him in a couple of arguments try to play the role of mediator (mostly with strrrng/steve, etc), and quite successfully, i might add, in getting Fe people such as steve to back down, in a manner of speaking. to me, what little exposure i've seen of this phenomenon, including this thread -- and feel free to disagree with this heatedly -- has demonstrated that juju has a rather inflexible and rather suspect set of socionics interpretations.

that mediation tactic does not have a rat's ass of a chance of working with me so long as i perceive that you are feeding me bullshit information.

if juju dislikes my style of telling people when i disagree with them or think they're eating shit -- that is fine; frankly, i don't think i'm missing out on anything. i am perfectly happy not to interact with juju on an intellectual basis.

Close to the former. I can't speak for niffweed, but if I wrote that, it would be the equivalent of, "I disrespect your input on this issue". It would say nothing about the user's general intelligence, and the jury would be out on their understanding of other Socionics topics. I can fall down stairs, but that doesn't mean I'm a clutz.
    i would acquiesce.

this is my last post in this thread.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's true, and I'll certainly let everyone know if I do...

But that's also the point, force: given that Niffweed does not know smccosker--I do--his "you are a moron" comment should not have been made in the first place. Niffweed was rendering an uninformed opinion with zero argument... And in a very immature way. (I wish that more people would comment on this.)

Thus the response he received from me.

Regardless, my response was controversial... His insults..? I suppose that people just expect this sort of behavior from him..?
    I think long time forum members know niffweed and are willing to make some concessions maybe? I know personally I'd accept an insult from niffweed before many other posters. At least what I perceive is that his insults can be written off with a good argument, whereas other people tend to base theirs on image, or what may be hazily labelled as 'Fe-related'... the latter definitely capable of getting under my skin.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

however, anybody that believes that smccosker is SLI is unbelievably full of shit -- trying to affirm that particular typing, as juju has done, is very likely to make me believe that you're an idiot and entirely clueless.
    Niffweed, you do not know smccosker... I do... You are making blanket assumptions about someone about whom you have NO IDEA.

Regardless, you call me "clueless..." Use your logic here, Niffweed.

has demonstrated that juju has a rather inflexible and rather suspect set of socionics interpretations.
    Our impressions of each other and each other's aptitudes regarding Socionics are exactly the same then.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Niffweed, you do not know smccosker... I do....
    You really don't need to 'know' someone to know their type, it helps but not by that much. Knowing someone is first of all an emotion feel of being close to someone, it really doesn't mean you can predict their every behavior. You also don't need to be able to predict every type of behavior to type someone all you need to do is identify manifestations of the theory.

People tend to give off type information readily in almost everything that they do, the information is not that hard to find.
    ἀταραξία

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i lied about the last post thing, because of this:

Quote Originally Posted by leckysupport View Post
    You really don't need to 'know' someone to know their type, it helps but not by that much. Knowing someone is first of all an emotion feel of being close to someone, it really doesn't mean you can predict their every behavior. You also don't need to be able to predict every type of behavior to type someone all you need to do is identify manifestations of the theory.

People tend to give off type information readily in almost everything that they do, the information is not that hard to find.
    thank you.

i think this is among the most important posts in forum history.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast