Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kingdom of Heaven

Balian ESI
    Sibylla IEI
    Guy de Lusignan EIE
    Reynald de Chatillon SLE
    King Baldwin IEI
    Tiberias LIE (strange tinge of Fe from Jeremy Irons who is EIE, I think?)
    Godfrey de Ibelin LSI
    Hospitaller medic guy LII
    Saladin LIE
    Nasir ESI
    Balian's brother EIE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch this film, you fuckers.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Watch this film, you fuckers.
    It's an enjoyable film.

I've always thought Godfrey as an ESTj, though. And the guy who's also in the TV show Rome, maybe an SLI or LSI?
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did have great expectations for this film but I found it to be a disappointment. Not a complete disappointment as the action part was good but how the whole story and "underlying message" and how it was presented sucked. Basically I disagreed with the film. Can't remember much about the actors. There are better "epic movies" than this but it is still worth watching if you haven't seen it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Jeremy Irons is EII.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kingdom Of Heaven on general release was disappointing. But the director's cut is fantastic; that should have been the version shown at the cinema. It gives reason as to why Sibylla was being a sulky bitch towards the second half of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    He is EII, you moron.
    Why am I a moron? I got one single actor's type mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    I've always thought Godfrey as an ESTj, though.
    Why?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    I did have great expectations for this film but I found it to be a disappointment. Not a complete disappointment as the action part was good but how the whole story and "underlying message" and how it was presented sucked. Basically I disagreed with the film. Can't remember much about the actors. There are better "epic movies" than this but it is still worth watching if you haven't seen it.
    The version that was first released to the cinemas was too butchered. I agree with Ezra you have too see the full director's cut to get the real version with critical scenes explaining the characters and their actions. The full version I consider to be equal to Gladiator.

The characters however are not really developed enough to be typeable imo, so I just went with the socionics shorthand.

Bailian SLI (artisan). Strange mix between man of the earth and idealist. He is Everyman really and so transcends the types
    Godfrey LSI (pragmatist, Beta idealist).
    The Leper King EII (humanist, Delta idealist)
    Sibylla EIE (actor)
    Tiberias EII (humanist - King Baldwin's identical) (from his visions of Jerusalem, and his decision to withdraw with his knights rather than fight on for Jerusalem after that vision is dead)
    Guy de Lusignan SEE (negative politician)
    Reynald de Chatillion SLE (negative conqueror)
    Hospitaller SEI (peacemaker)
    Saladin LIE (pioneer)
    Balian's brother ESE (negative enthusiast)
    Balian's and Godfrey's faithful man at arms -LSI (pragmatist)
    Nasir - IEE (Balian's dual, reporter), or SEE (positive ambassador)

Basically Baldwin and Tiberias need an LSE (judge) to make their dream reality, but Bailian won't/cannot be their man of action (ie henchman in this scenario as Balian sees it)
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    The version that was first released to the cinemas was too butchered. I agree with Ezra you have too see the full director's cut to get the real version with critical scenes explaining the characters and their actions. The full version I consider to be equal to Gladiator.

The characters however are not really developed enough to be typeable imo, so I just went with the socionics shorthand.

Bailian SLI (artisan). Strange mix between man of the earth and idealist. He is Everyman really and so transcends the types
    Godfrey LSI (pragmatist, Beta idealist).
    The Leper King EII (humanist, Delta idealist)
    Sibylla EIE (actor)
    Tiberias EII (humanist - King Baldwin's identical) (from his visions of Jerusalem, and his decision to withdraw with his knights rather than fight on for Jerusalem after that vision is dead)
    Guy de Lusignan SEE (negative politician)
    Reynald de Chatillion SLE (negative conqueror)
    Hospitaller SEI (peacemaker)
    Saladin LIE (pioneer)
    Balian's brother ESE (negative enthusiast)
    Balian's and Godfrey's faithful man at arms -LSI (pragmatist)
    Nasir - IEE (Balian's dual, reporter), or SEE (positive ambassador)

Basically Baldwin and Tiberias need an LSE (judge) to make their dream reality, but Bailian won't/cannot be their man of action (ie henchman in this scenario as Balian sees it)
    Hmmm, I have a problem with Balian as SLI, and with Tiberias as EII. Come to think of it, I may be able to see Baldwin as EII, even though I initially thought IEI. He seems to have a better relationship with Saladin than an IEI would with his supervisor.

If Balian is indeed a Delta ST, there would be this whole Ridley Scott Delta protagonist thing going on. You'd have Maximus as Delta, and Balian as Delta. These "I'd rather not fight" characters, who are completely moral and upstanding, but who have complete confidence in Se when it comes down to it. You may be right, Wittmont, although I think Balian's relationship with Sibylla was far too good - he understood her Fe like no SLI would - for Balian to be an SLI.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Tiberias LIE (strange tinge of Fe from Jeremy Irons who is EIE, I think?)
    He is EII, you moron.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.