Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
That's interesting. Sounds plausible. ENTJs seem to be very incisive thinkers, always probing reality, always aware of the validity of someone's arguments. It must be wearying if you have to suppress that all the time. Sometimes I suspect that one of the greatest temptations for an ENTJ must be to feel that everyone else is an idiot.

So a serious switch that works analogous to our silly switch would function like this: As soon as you feel you're in an environment where people can keep up with you and where it's OK to be serious, you let yourself go and start discussing cubism, or postmodern theories, or "is imperialism dead?" or whatever it is that interests you. Correct?
I have an ENTJ that discusses with me the most bizzare theories I have ever heard. He is very interesting. I try to get him to flesh out his ideas to see if they have any merit (imo). He really makes me think and Im always entertained by him. I think his fantasy ideas are usually too far off into the future to really be useful right now, or missing some human element that will make it work but its interesting to listen to nonetheless.