Thread: Hypothetical Question

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hypothetical Question

If you could be and personally experience (in the first person sense) the full life of any historical figure, who would it be and why?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    If you could be and personally experience (in the first person sense) the full life of any historical figure, who would it be and why?
    Da Vinci, maybe? Holy crap, think of all the stuff he got to do.

Hmm, I'm sure there are other options too. Maybe Jefferson? Socrates? Jim Henson? Sir Francis Drake? I feel like I'm overlooking someone though.

Note: I don't actually know the full lives of these people, just chunks, so perhaps something utterly horrible that happened to each and I don't really want to be any of these.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    Da Vinci, maybe? Holy crap, think of all the stuff he got to do.

Hmm, I'm sure there are other options too. Maybe Jefferson? Socrates? Jim Henson? Sir Francis Drake? I feel like I'm overlooking someone though.

Note: I don't actually know the full lives of these people, just chunks, so perhaps something utterly horrible that happened to each and I don't really want to be any of these.
    Da Vinci died a virgin. Socrates had to kill himself, and was considered to be very ugly.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Da Vinci died a virgin. Socrates had to kill himself, and was considered to be very ugly.
    All three of those things could end up to be the case for me even in this life, so meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Egyptian Pharaoh Pepi II Neferkare
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Casanova

Djingis Khan

Alexander the great

some pharaoh

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would I be allowed to alter the actions of said historical person or just repeat everything they did?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David Lee Roth (SEE)
    or
    Victor Hugo (ESE)

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

My selection is entirely of British people. I couldn't really bear to live the life of a religious person (I make an exception with Elizabeth I), and they must have lived a fair amount of time.

Purely hypothetically: Horatio Nelson, Elizabeth I, Bertrand Russell, Mary Shelley, Virginia Woolf, William Wordsworth...

Edit: Peter the Great and Catherine the Great of Russia would be good.
    Last edited by Enters Laughing; 08-06-2008 at 08:32 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    Would I be allowed to alter the actions of said historical person or just repeat everything they did?
    You would not be able to alter their actions. You would live their life exactly as they did from birth to death.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You would not be able to alter their actions. You would live their life exactly as they did from birth to death.
    Not entirely sure what the point of that would be, but I'd probably choose Hugh Hefner. Just for the poon tang.

Has he influenced history enough to be considered an 'historical figure?'

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    Not entirely sure what the point of that would be, but I'd probably choose Hugh Hefner. Just for the poon tang.

Has he influenced history enough to be considered an 'historical figure?'
    The point is that you get a 1st person perspective of the entire life of a historical figure. You would get to know what exactly they were thinking when they discovered, wrote, or performed some action and get to share in the novelty of the experience with them.
    Johari Box

Creepy-Diana