Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do SLEs/ESTps have to dominate?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Ideas, yes. But the information about socionics that you need to learn about before you can participate in sharing ideas should be read independently. It's like someone debating football when they have no clue what the fuck they're talking about. You need to read the rules before you can debate it with someone.
    I let this rest because it is just a continuum of the same old. I understand what you are saying but I disagree with your message.

Ti isn't "internal" as such. What it is is an internal process. Obviously, all products of any process must be expressed externally if they are to be expressed at all. In the case of a Ti adept individual, Ti manifests itself as something which one experiences internally then demonstrates to the world. For example, take an LSI lawyer. Internally, they're thinking "this is the law, and it should be followed". Externally, they're saying "follow this law" to people, because they want people to act in this way.
    Ok. But even in this case you could make the process externally visible in order for others to see it, understand it and counter argue it. If you only externalize the end product then there is no debate or exchange of information. There can be no verification either or optimization/improvement of this process. For example science is a process too. The whole idea in science is to make the process transparent and expose it to external verification. Only then can the end results be accepted by general community. I guess it is natural for Se ego types to try to force their conclusions on others without any transparency or explanations.

I am quite the opposite in this issue. I tend to want to force my thinking process on other people. I want them to hear it all even when they don't want to. I want them to be able to replicate it. Often times when someone just wants conclusions from me I give them a lot more and if they don't want it all this results in mutual irritation.

...Such as?

I'm sorry your Si/Ne valuing mind can't get your head round the value of Se... It's just one of those things.
    You might be correct there. It would be a most interesting turn of events. No, not a turn really. Just going back in time. It would essentially make me a Ne-ego type as I just can't see myself as a sensory type at this point.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    I let this rest because it is just a continuum of the same old. I understand what you are saying but I disagree with your message.

Ok. But even in this case you could make the process externally visible in order for others to see it, understand it and counter argue it. If you only externalize the end product then there is no debate or exchange of information. There can be no verification either or optimization/improvement of this process. For example science is a process too. The whole idea in science is to make the process transparent and expose it to external verification. Only then can the end results be accepted by general community. I guess it is natural for Se ego types to try to force their conclusions on others without any transparency or explanations.

I am quite the opposite in this issue. I tend to want to force my thinking process on other people. I want them to hear it all even when they don't want to. I want them to be able to replicate it. Often times when someone just wants conclusions from me I give them a lot more and if they don't want it all this results in mutual irritation.

You might be correct there. It would be a most interesting turn of events. No, not a turn really. Just going back in time. It would essentially make me a Ne-ego type as I just can't see myself as a sensory type at this point.
    Yeah, whatever, you're probably right. I can't be bothered arguing with people who have this kind of mentality. Nothing against you, old chap, just not really interested in this style of argument for whatever reason I don't quite know. It just bores me to have to re-analyse what I know is a wiser train of thought than my own.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    As a somewhat unrelated idea, I think a group of ESTps would establish a mafia style hierarchy where there exists a clear chain of command, clear rules of acceptable behavior, and great respect for each other but the moment you show weakness your status drops and someone will take your position in the hierarchy. You would have to compete for your position 24 hours a day.
    That exists. It's called "Army".
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    That exists. It's called "Army".
    Hahaha, nice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by betterthandead View Post
    Saw this on the news a few months back. That officer better not still have his shield!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Markuz View Post
    Saw this on the news a few months back. That officer better not still have his shield!
    You have to admit though; it's hilarious.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    God make it stop. I can't stand any more whining! GET A BACK BONE.
    +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an ESTj - Enneagram Type One (enforce "right", first) with a Two wing (inflict guilt, secondary).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zenbrat View Post
    This is an ESTj - Enneagram Type One (enforce "right", first) with a Two wing (inflict guilt, secondary).
    Yeah, I think people confuse ESTj's with ESTp's a lot.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zenbrat View Post
    yeah, like trying to get you to feel shame when you didn't even do anything wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medeg & Ovch call SLE 'Leaders' and LSE 'Controllers'. Based on that guy it is not hard to see the difference.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blech.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    Yeah, I think people confuse ESTj's with ESTp's a lot.
    And those people have no idea what they're talking about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12