Thread: Where to find/meet ENFps? Where are you hiding?

Hybrid View

Creepy-

Default Where to find/meet ENFps? Where are you hiding?

LokiV and I want to know. So does Jessica. And probably every other ISTp here.
    Last edited by female; 07-29-2008 at 09:11 PM. Reason: To be more inclusive.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I certainly hope that I'm not hiding.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post

I certainly hope that I'm not hiding.
    You guys *do* seem to hide
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    You guys *do* seem to hide
    LIES! How many ENFps do you know already, huh, huh? Greedy!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    LIES! How many ENFps do you know already, huh, huh? Greedy!
    Cuz I hunt them down like gasells!
    And like sappho said, it's probably not gonna be us who are doing the approchin

- Voltaire

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Cuz I hunt them down like gasells!
    O_O

*runs*
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. *sigh* I am a bit of a loner.

Outside of work that is. I've actually given this a bit of thought. I think in order for me to dwell in the domain of ISTp's I would need to go a little bit outside of my comfort zone. That is probably why we seem to be hiding, because our natural domains don't naturally intersect.

The best place to catch me in the public eye, honestly, is when I'm at work.

Otherwise I'm at home feeding my endless appetite for random bits of information, or interacting with people here on the forums, and for those bursts of time when I start working on one of those projects I've been putting off for several months/years.

This actually happened just yesterday to me, but I went out to go buy some computer stuff for this sort of open-ended project that I started working on a couple of weeks ago, and it's weird but I always feel really strange when I go do something like this, and I feel like whenever I go do something I don't normally do, I always feel slightly out of place.

So, I don't normally like going out and doing things on my own. If I do, it's something spontaneous that I decide to do that might be for change of pace or... it could be for any number of reasons. Group activities... eh, it depends.

I like settings where I can have conversations with a person and it have depth.

If I'm out somewhere alone or whatever, I'm usually not looking to find someone to have a conversation with because normally I feel like leaving people alone. I do remember this one time (when I was at a coffee shop) I thought this girl was looking in my direction and smiling and I mounted enough courage to walk over and ask her about it, which turned out to be just nothing. But that's very rare for me to gather that much to do that. Normally, I just leave people alone.

I just go, get my drink/food, enjoy the scenery for a bit, observe things going on around me but not in a rude way, and just leave.

If I'm with a group, it's a little different I suppose. If I'm out seeing a movie with 2 or 3 other people, I'm just sort of blending in I guess. Yeah. I'm usually the one that tries to blend into my surroundings if I'm with a group. I don't like to be the one that sticks out in a crowd. That is, unless I'm purposefully doing something goofy, but it has to be for the right moment.

I dunno. I've always just been a bit of a loner.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you sure you're ENFP, Tereg?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    LokiV and I want to know.
    and me

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    I don't know if this is just me or an ENFp thing, but somehow I'm more shy when I know someone a little than when I don't know them at all. I don't mind walking over to a complete stranger I feel is interesting and talk with him/her all night, but I would probably never call or contact them again later on, as I don't know how to address people I know "a little". I would feel like I'm intruding their lives. They must be complete strangers or good friends for me to contact them. Making friends becomes really hard when you are like me, I realize that. I'm strange. After reading about ENFps in here, I'm starting to think this way of acting might be an ENFp-thing. If so, I guess you shouldn't wait for the call of that nice ENFp you talked with in the bar.
    uh oh, i'm the exact same way. haha. But Topaz seems a little more go-getting...maybe it's a difference in subtypes.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or a difference in experiences and surroundings? I was more go-getting when I was a student. For some reason that has changed.

Anyway, if it's BOTH an ISTp AND an ENFp thing, no wonder we never find each other......
    That's how it is for me. I give ENFP's permission to intrude upon me. Please..please. To have someone genuinely interested in me approach me and initiate and not be scared and not be looking for one thing in particular, well my god, i think that'd be the greatest day of my life.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    That's how it is for me. I give ENFP's permission to intrude upon me. Please..please. To have someone genuinely interested in me approach me and initiate and not be scared and not be looking for one thing in particular, well my god, i think that'd be the greatest day of my life.
    Will do Jessica. No worries.

Conversation is the key.
    yeah.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you ENFp, now???
    Maybe if I think like my duals I'll be able to find em. Won't be too much of a stretch... you guys already sorta seem to act a lot like us... just... I don't know, with a different focus.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And as you seem to be relaxing all the time so you never get anywhere, we seem to waste all our energy all the time so we never get anywhere. Is that what you mean?
    Exactly

Like, we never seem to be part of any readily identifiable group, more like we infultrate already existing groups or places. I dunno, something like that.

That and i'm expected to approach ANYWAY, introvert or not, so I guess I just have to get off my lazy ass and do it.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm in love... That was exactly the essence of what I tried to communicate in about 4000 words above... I felt it, but didn't know how to nail it down, so I just went on with examples explaining and explaining and explaining and... How come you manage in 2 lines...?

In a (completely nerdy and not fitting) nuclear physics metaphor: I talk about the electron cloud and you spot the nucleus.

I feel so understood.
    haha, thanks... it's that whole 'lazy' thing

- Voltaire