Thread: ENFps (and Delta Quadra overall) having the mentality of 60 at 14

Hybrid View

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I relate to everything that's been said in this thread so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not so much old, is that the Delta Quadra has an aura of Wise Old Sages, hence why you feel older because you have the mentality of someone who has lived for about 100 years.

ESTj, INFj, ENFp and ISTp all have such aura.
    ENFp (IEE, intuitive Subtype)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    I don't feel the wisdom-mentality you are talking about. I can't say I've ever met anyone like that neither. Probably I don't get what you're all talking about?

I do have a kind of wisdom that I cherish in myself, but I would say it is timeless. I'd even call it young sooner than "old". It's open. It makes me look twice before judging and settling for a judgement of anyone's intention. It keeps me open to other ways of living, other ways of reasoning, other cultures, other meaning, other political views, other religious convictions and anything else. It's not an old person's closed mind. I feel rather without boundaries, almost too open. Like a teen-ager in a way, but still more mature ... -> timeless. Is this the aura you are talking about, or am I just describing IEE...?

I think that the term "old" is the exact opposite of being closed minded, look at it like this: other quadras are younger, they have their pov but the old man has already experienced that pov thus the old man is the most open minded because it has been through all of the stages and it is more settled but in a way that sees the bigger picture. Quadras are caught up in their life stage, in a race to fulfill their pov which is narrowed down to their "quadra age" – it could be alpha's child's point of view, beta's angsty teenager point of view, gammas grown up in a capitalist world pov but the "old" quadra is not stuck in a race, it's beyond the race. It's more open and wise because it's not caught up in a little time frame; it's been through it all and therefore is wiser, more mature. It's the exact opposite of being closed minded – being old means you understand all life phases therefore you're wiser – you see the whole picture. Being closed minded is being caught up in a frame, in a box, being narrowed down to a specific agenda but the old man has a wider point of view, it's less narrow. It's like an old wise man looking at the younger generations possessing the ability to understand everyone's pov and with that he can cultivate a much better, wider understanding.
    (Hope my explanation was clear enough..)

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy View Post
    I think that the term "old" is the exact opposite of being closed minded, look at it like this: other quadras are younger, they have their pov but the old man has already experienced that pov thus the old man is the most open minded because it has been through all of the stages and it is more settled but in a way that sees the bigger picture. Quadras are caught up in their life stage, in a race to fulfill their pov which is narrowed down to their "quadra age" – it could be alpha's child's point of view, beta's angsty teenager point of view, gammas grown up in a capitalist world pov but the "old" quadra is not stuck in a race, it's beyond the race. It's more open and wise because it's not caught up in a little time frame; it's been through it all and therefore is wiser, more mature. It's the exact opposite of being closed minded – being old means you understand all life phases therefore you're wiser – you see the whole picture. Being closed minded is being caught up in a frame, in a box, being narrowed down to a specific agenda but the old man has a wider point of view, it's less narrow. It's like an old wise man looking at the younger generations possessing the ability to understand everyone's pov and with that he can cultivate a much better, wider understanding.
    Great post! Gotta <3 Delta.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    Great post! Gotta <3 Delta.
    thank you. And yes, delta rocks!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm constantly told I "act old". It's a delta thing, I'm sure.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I'm constantly told I "act old". It's a delta thing, I'm sure.
    I'm always told I'm an old soul.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy View Post
    I totally agree with you. This is what I think of when I say "older". Older doesn't mean old closed minded codger.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great reply Cheesy!

A Wise Old Sage is the opposite of being close minded.

Being Wise means that you're open to different perspectives and views, you know of the world so much so that you are not narrow minded in the slightest.

Hence why you are open to different cultures and opinions.

This is different from the other quadras who are more prone to not accept the opinions of others as they think that they are right.

Even the young aura of the Betas and Child-like aura of the Alphas does not deter that Quadra from being close minded to other views and cultures. As a matter of fact they are more prone to it (along with Gammas) then the Deltas.
    ENFp (IEE, intuitive Subtype)