Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Dark Knight

OMG LOVE this movie!!

Anyways, here's my thoughts...

Joker... gotta be some kind of SF, and quite anarchic.....it might be kinda vain, but I'm thinking SEI Do I look like a man with a plan to you? kekeke.

Batman.... Gamma/Beta NT? ENTj? Or summin

Two face.... Beta Extrovert??

Rachael...ermmm.... ENFp?? ENFj? Iono?

Holy balls was this an awesome movie!!!
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts for types:

Batman: ILI 5w6 sx/sp
    Joker: Obviously Beta NF IMO; he seems like a 4w5 so/sx so IEI>EIE
    Harvey Dent: LIE, or perhaps IEE, 6w7 so/sx (Nick gets a point for me being 6 because I actually identified somewhat with this guy )
    Alfred: ESI (this is the most obvious typing of them all IMO); seems like a 2w1 sx/sp
    Rachel Dawes: SEE; seems like a 7w6 sx/so
    Lucius Fox: LSI; seems 1w2 sp/sx
    Gordon: LSE or SLI; 8w9 or 9w8 sp/sx
    Last edited by Gilly; 07-19-2008 at 07:07 PM.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I can see the case for the Joker as SEI.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, I think the Joker is more IEI than SEI. He's all about seeing how people are "when the chips are down" and such, which is a very, very Beta NF kind of thing. My EIE friend and I had an extensive discussion once about making people feel awkward and seeing how people act when you push them out of their comfort zone, when they are forced to deal with something unfamiliar, when people push the envelope and so forth. "The Naked Feeling"

The Joker seems obsessed with his conception of human nature, which is the kind of territory that I think Beta NFs often delve into; I know that I've taken these kinds of things "too far" before myself. He also seems to be very much enamored with his "image" as frightening, talking all about his scars and putting on all the makeup and soforth.

I think the generally self-entertaining nature of his antics points more Alpha than Beta, as does the "Do I look like a man with a plan?" quote but I think the former is more stereotypically villain-esque than anything, and the latter almost seems like the ontological "result" of his self-centered perspective on human nature (ie it's part of his "philosophy" more than his personality). Looking at the whole picture IEI makes more sense I think.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's hillarious

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alfred: ESI (I think Michael Caine is, too)

Lucius Fox: IEE

Rachel: EIE

Dent: LSE

Joker: ILE

Gordon: EII

And I know I'm going to be accused of bias here, but I'm going to agree with Ezra and say that Bale's Wayne/Batman is ESI:

He's got a very small circle of friends, pretty much only two people (three, if you count Gordon).

He keeps a cool psychological distance from even his close friends, except when in the most intimate of situations.

He doesn't do business or play politics with people he doesn't feel he can trust, preferring instead to use force as Batman to deal with people he doesn't like or trust.

He takes very little time deciding that someone is trustworthy. He wanted to feel out Dent at dinner, and seemed to do so very quickly.

He has a lack of concern for rank and the law, having no moral qualms going against the establishment to exact his own vigilante justice, even if it means beating up police officers, smuggling himself into other countries, kidnapping, etc.

No problem exerting violent force on people when he feels they deserve it.

He's got strong Fe he uses to pretend to be an asshole Beta when in his public Bruce Wayne persona.

He doesn't seem to have any real interest in his gadgets or toys beyond seeing them as tools, though he does show a mild personal interest in cars for their Se value. His dwellings are always spartan and tidy. His appearance is meticulous. This doesn't necessarily point toward ESI, but I think it does point away from intuitive types somewhat, and in my opinion it means strong Si.

His conversation with Gordon at the end of Batman Begins seemed like possible EII/ESI relations. They were both on the same page in terms of Fi, but Gordon was bringing up Ne concerns about possible criminal escalation, which Batman seemed to find irrelevant.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Batman/Bruce Wayne: LSI.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I think a corporation called 'LSI' was mentioned in a scene with Lucius Fox.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    I think a corporation called 'LSI' was mentioned in a scene with Lucius Fox.
    lol
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts for types:

Batman: ILI 5w6 sx/sp
    Joker: Obviously Beta NF IMO; he seems like a 4w5 so/sx so IEI>EIE
    Harvey Dent: LIE, or perhaps IEE, 6w7 so/sx (Nick gets a point for me being 6 because I actually identified somewhat with this guy )
    Alfred: ESI (this is the most obvious typing of them all IMO); seems like a 2w1 sx/sp
    Rachel Dawes: SEE; seems like a 7w6 sx/so
    Gordon: LSE or SLI; 8w9 or 9w8 sp/sx
    I finally watched it, last Saturday, in London, and I agree with most of Gilly's views, except that I tend to see Batman as ESI, and Harvey Dent as EIE>LIE.

I thought it was really good. I was impressed at how convincing the transition from Harvey Dent to Two-Face was. First, that was an accurate portrayal of Two-Face's psychology, and they build it up well with his playing with the coin from the beginning. Second, they successfully build up Dent's character into someone you can understand and care about - and then make him fall, which increases its impact much more.

That is how the Anakin Skywaker -> Darth Vader transition should have been handled, instead of having Anakin as a darkly petulant kid who was already "half fallen" to begin with.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expat, you are an idiot if you don't see that Joker is an ILE.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Expat, you are an idiot if you don't see that Joker is an ILE.
    I agree (that the Joker is ILE).

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Dent/Two Face was a more enjoyable character than the Joker, who felt more like a nuisance than anything.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    I thought Dent/Two Face was a more enjoyable character than the Joker, who felt more like a nuisance than anything.
    It was the other way around for me....except I don't really care about it. Liked the movie as a whole and don't have any complaints about the characters.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been thinking about this...I think ESI or LSI, either one, could work for Batman, for different reasons. Harvey as EIE was my final conclusion, and I find it interesting that you (expat) draw the parallel to Anakin, because both are characters I identify with very much; in fact my sister was the first to bring my more overt similarities with Anakin to my attention.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    Do I look like a man with a plan to you? kekeke.
    He did have a plan though. Everything had been planned out quite thoroughly.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    He did have a plan though. Everything had been planned out quite thoroughly.
    Yeah, like I said before, the idea of "not having a plan" is more a part of his philosophy than his actual methods.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, like I said before, the idea of "not having a plan" is more a part of his philosophy than his actual methods.
    I don't think it's even really a part of his philosophy... I think he was just manipulating Dent. He wasn't simply looking to show people that they were fools for trying to scheme... he was showing then that they were fools for trying to out scheme him.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I don't think it's even really a part of his philosophy... I think he was just manipulating Dent. He wasn't simply looking to show people that they were fools for trying to scheme... he was showing then that they were fools for trying to out scheme him.
    I think that's how it really was, but I think the way he seem to have been thinking of it was in terms of securing long-term stability and a predictable environment for themselves; however, like I said, in reality the biggest obstacle to this stability was the Joker himself, so the reality of a "lack of stability" was merely an illusion, probably something relevant to his life experience and (as the description on Lytov's site recognizes as typical of EIEs) projected onto a global scale (I totally do this too, lmao).

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Suomea; 09-27-2008 at 11:24 PM.
    Suomea

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Dark Knight saga

Batman: ESI-Ne, 6w5 so/sx (INTJ)
    Bruce Wayne persona: SLE-Se, 7w8 sx/so (ESFP)
    Alfred: SLI-Fi, 2w3 sx/so (ISFJ)
    Rachel: IEE-Fi, 1w2 so/sx (ENFJ)
    Lucius: IEI-Ne, 2w1 sx/sp (INFP)
    Gordon: ESI-Fi, 2w3 so/sx (INFJ)
    Corporate guy: SLE-Te 8w9 sp/so (ENTJ)
    Harvey Dent: SEE-Ti, 1w2 so/sx (ENFJ)
    Jonathan Crane: LII-Ne, 5w4 sp/so (INTP)
    Two-face: SLE-Ti, 6w5 sx/sp (ESTP)
    The Joker: EIE-Ne, 7w8 sp/sx (ENTJ)
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Batman: ESI-Ne, 6w5 so/sx (INTJ)
    Bruce Wayne persona: SLE-Se, 7w8 sx/so (ESFP)
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It kind of seems right but IDK I haven't seen it in a while.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be following this thread with interest, as my husband has actually been wanting to know Batman's type (and Bruce Wayne's, which seems to be quite different). I just don't know enough about the characters to figure it out myself.

Aleksei-- Maybe I'm the only one who finds it unbelievable that you can be so confident in your typings of people you've never even met, to be able to type them in detail in three different typologies. idk. Maybe if you stuck with just one typology, I might actually be more inclined to give your typings more consideration; but you seem far too eager to "pin the type" on people.

And how do you figure that most of your people above happen to be Thinking types in one typology, and Feeling types in the other? I can understand the blurred line between Sensing and Intuiting between Socionics and MBTI, but I have a harder time seeling how Thinking and Feeling can be so radically different between the two systems.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    Aleksei-- Maybe I'm the only one who finds it unbelievable that you can be so confident in your typings of people you've never even met, to be able to type them in detail in three different typologies. idk. Maybe if you stuck with just one typology, I might actually be more inclined to give your typings more consideration; but you seem far too eager to "pin the type" on people.
    Typing isn't that difficult, and typing fictional characters is actually easier than typing real people, as the thoughts and feelings of characters are laid out for the audience to see. I type in Enneagram and MBTI as confidently as I do in Socionics (though I don't always), because I'd actually been studying these systems a while before getting into Socionics.

And how do you figure that most of your people above happen to be Thinking types in one typology, and Feeling types in the other? I can understand the blurred line between Sensing and Intuiting between Socionics and MBTI, but I have a harder time seeling how Thinking and Feeling can be so radically different between the two systems.
    They aren't altogether radically different, but they're different enough that they can still overlap. This is particularly true of types that are Perception-dominant, as the tertiary J function can overlap with the auxiliary -- even to the extent that it itself can appear to dominate over the aux function. INTJs seem particularly susceptible to this, though most Fi-driven INTJs usually mistype as INFJ. In Socionics, these emotionally charged INTJs are usually ESI, or IEI.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    Ni heavy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bruce Wayne/Batman: ILI/LSI?
    Ras Al Ghul/Henri Ducard: EIE-Ni
    Alfred:SEI-xx
    Gordon:SLI?
    Talia:EIE-Ni/IEI?
    The Joker:ILE-xx/IEE-Ne
    Catwoman/Selina Kyle: LSI

Unsure about the others...Rachel, Lucius Fox, Scarecrow, Harvey Dent, Bane, John Blake

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Batman LSI-N (hardcore avenger due to Ti+Fi)
    Joker SEE-C (psychotic Ne from subtype, extra violent Se stuff from base and subtype)
    Bruce Wayne SLE-D (plays the successful businessman who works hard and plays hard, playboy billionaire)