View Poll Results: Till Lindemann's type?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

1 12.50%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

1 12.50%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 12.50%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 12.50%
  • ILI (INTp)

2 25.00%
  • LIE (ENTj)

1 12.50%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

1 12.50%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%

Thread: Till Lindemann

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jockl
    Hm, his look and facial expression are very much like an ENFJ friend of mine.
    I think that Till Lindemann is an ENFj, too.
    me

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently refound my love for Rammstein.

Till Lindemann would have to be S. He was a highly thought of swimmer in his youth and later on started to work as a carpenter and as a basket weaver. He is himself one of the pyrotechnicians for the band and designs the pyrotechnical show himself. He is highly physical, his trademark is to punctuate his singing with pumping his fist.

Now... this thread is full of comments about there being violence in the lyrics of Rammstein. I would like to note that while there is violence, there is not really passion. The sound is cold. It's not Fe nor is it Fe-loving. There is no rage, everything is discussed matter of factly. Also, Till is a self-described masochist. Pain is actually a pleasure to him. In his videos Till plays the part of the victim of violence, not the aggressor. In Rosenrot he goes and kills two people because a girl asks her to and then gets killed for that. In Sonne the whole band are mining slaves to Snow white. In Seemann Till is keelhauled. The band does not make fun of others, they make fun of themselves.

Instead of passion, Lindemann's songs are full of humor, wordplays and little tricks. The songs use harsh words but in highly controlled and easily misleading ways. While people in thread stress that "this is metal and metal must be beta" it is also dance, and techno. Lindemann has a leftist, anarchist punk attitude and he himself thinks most highly of Kraftwerk.

To me the aspects that people are calling Se seem superficial and the person seems delta ST, far more likely ESTj than ISTp. He gives far too much of himself and reveals too much of himself to support an I--- type.

But I have to reverse the picture for a moment. I have to ponder whether Till could be an ESTp. To ponder which one is more likely, that an ESTp pushes all aggression towards himself or that an ESTj actually shows physical traits? There is a case to be made for ESTp, but it seems weaker than the one for ESTj.

Once more, I have to also compare this band to your really typical beta bands like Kiss and Queen. When this band sings about women, they whine. They're pretty monogamous, they're calm. They don't don't play roles on stage like Kiss or Alice Cooper. They don't act like rock gods like Freddie Mercury.

Anyway, I see ESTj, but OTOH I'm looking for ESTjs so maybe I'm just seeing what I'm looking for. *shrug*

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Continuing on the same issue, the person, Flake Lorenz seems to be a pretty obvious IP and almost certainly an ISTp. He is notably stubborn and intellectual, yet physical and energetic, clearspoken and pleasure-driven. He is drawn and eccentric. He prefers a simple life with simple pleasures. He paints. I have trouble seeing him as anything else than ISTp.