View Poll Results: Till Lindemann's type?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

1 12.50%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

1 12.50%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 12.50%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 12.50%
  • ILI (INTp)

2 25.00%
  • LIE (ENTj)

1 12.50%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

1 12.50%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Till Lindemann

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Till Lindemann - ESFP - Napoleon

Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think any type can be into SM. Perhaps some more than others, though I'm not even sure about that. Even if we did a survey on the general population knowing their type, and they answered honestly about SM, revealing that some are more into than others, so what? It still proves nothing about it being type related. Correlation does not imply causation.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I like how this typing thread turned into a discussion of S&M.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    I think any type can be into SM.
    The quantity difference mb very strong, as this should be linked with types values Si/Se.

> Even if we did a survey on the general population knowing their type, and they answered honestly about SM, revealing that some are more into than others, so what? It still proves nothing about it being type related.

Without better explanation it could be thought as the proof of types related. As one of factors.
    It's easier to find people who practice this stuff and to type them. There should be communities by the interests. Or to take people with known types and then to check the reaction on stimuls - to show them s&m videos and find how this arouses them.

Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    The quantity difference mb very strong, as this should be linked with types values Si/Se.

> Even if we did a survey on the general population knowing their type, and they answered honestly about SM, revealing that some are more into than others, so what? It still proves nothing about it being type related.

Without better explanation it could be thought as the proof of types related. As one of factors.
    It's easier to find people who practice this stuff and to type them. There should be communities by the interests. Or to take people with known types and then to check the reaction on stimuls - to show them s&m videos and find how this arouses them.
    Well, at this point you are saying that it is just assumption.

I disagree that it is related to / values, and while this is also an assumption on my part, it's better to assume a negative statement than an assertion, especially without proof. Consider me skeptical of the idea that it is type related.

Even if we had proof, for example that 70 percent of people into SM value , what do we make of the 30 percent who value ? I do not think that 100 percent of the people into sm stuff are valuing that is just too perfect a number and we wouldn't need socionics if things were that easy to tell apart. So there are going to be people who value into it, and those people are not "wrong" because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    I like how this typing thread turned into a discussion of S&M.
    Well, while I can't speak for others discussing it, you responded right after my post so I'm pretty sure your post was influenced by mine.

Let le just say that if you read into the broader implications of my post, you will see that what I meant was that discussion trying to link SM to Lindemann's type is moot.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever his type it is same as Bane in Batman.

Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

After some reflection, I think he is ENTj probably.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really not sure of his type. I think beta makes sense. SLE could be true.

I liked him a lot as a kid and wanted to emulate him, get my hair cut like his, wear all black, you know typical teenage stuff.

He's pretty built for a musician though, especially an EIE one lol. So idk about him being EIE...

The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having seen him live a couple of times and listened to Rammstein since the 90s I’m pretty sure his Si is either ignoring or polr. He used to be a future olympic swimmer for DDR and got pumped full of steroids by the state but even then I think EIE is unlikely. SLE is probably right.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345