Thread: Mercutio's type blog

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    hm, i have felt this way with many ESFps.. less with ESTps.
    That you felt that way or they did?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think ESTp makes some sense. Online typing is hard because people talk more about what they're thinking and irl you might not know what the person is thinking unless you're super close to them or if you've talked about it and you don't get the chance to see them in various social settings so you end up with a warped impression. Nevertheless, I'm leaning towards SLE.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    That you felt that way or they did?
    I felt that way. There isn't a value judgment there though.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I've felt some ESFps encroaching on my space. I don't feel that way with ESTps.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Yes, I've felt some ESFps encroaching on my space. I don't feel that way with ESTps.
    hmmm...I've never felt that way around ESFP's...they've always felt very warm and comfortable to me. Now ESTP's, it's a different story. They kinda scare me...no offense. They just feel very in-your-face.

If you're not SLE, mercutio, I don't know what SLE is.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    hmmm...I've never felt that way around ESFP's...they've always felt very warm and comfortable to me. Now ESTP's, it's a different story. They kinda scare me...no offense. They just feel very in-your-face.
    Same. They don't scare me, I mean. But they definitely don't understand the concept of personal space sometimes. I know they do what they do jokingly or to be playful or whatever, but it's just obnoxious and/or annoying to me sometimes. I have boundaries, and I feel like a lot of ESTps don't understand when they aren't welcome. They'll assume it's okay to say or do something without even thinking about whether or not I'd be okay with it.

ESFps, on the other hand, are a lot better with this. They always know whether I would react negatively to something, and generally they never offend me. They're pretty cool, overall.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am not so confident as some of you here but i had settled on ENFj very long ago when he was leaning toward ENTj, never considered ESTp but would.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post

If you're not SLE, mercutio, I don't know what SLE is.
    I scare the occassional person. But that's just normal isn't it.

Sometimes I find it hard to tell if people are pretending to be scared, or are really scared. And to be honest, other people being scared can kind of make me uncomfortable.

Like their discomfort can be unnerving to me.

At times I notice that some girls seem to find it hard to talk loudly with me at first. Like they're kind of quiet/subdued. And some guys seem too friendly.

But other than that I don't think people really find me scary. Except one of my friends said that she finds me kind of scary when she can't tell where my limits are, and that she perceives me as not knowing where my own limits are. That said, in a way, she'll say that I'm scary, then move closer to me. But like at the same time she can kind of "remember" incidents etc ...

Also, I've noticed that some people seem to find it hard to approach me - like they'll get part of the way towards approaching me, and then kind of get insecure, and it's like I can kind of tell when someone's trying to approach me, and approach them, to find out why they want to approach me ..

But because I do stuff like that, it can kind of mean that some people seem to feel like they have to be kind of careful with their actions, because I'll kind of jump on the beginnings of their actions rather than wait for them to complete them -

Also I can kind of interrupt people, not listen to them, discount them, or their ideas etc etc. which some people find rude to a degree that they don't feel comfortable around me; although if someone I know "reminds" me then sometimes I start treating people better for a while.

So it used to get to the point where people were always telling me to behave myself, and to treat people with respect. And about good qualities of people and so forth. And then it's like I could say good things based upon input from others. I could respect people for a while etc. But then it's like how do I talk to them, when i haven't got anyone to help me...

I suppose I don't see it with that many other people. But I actually don't mind someone judging my behaviour and actions, and keeping a watch on me... And I can kind of do the same to others at times. So someone doing it to me, and then me doing it to other people is fine with me...

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I like talking at very close physical distance with people. And I find it hard to hear/take in people who are too far away.

People can vary with comfort with that.

Although in a way I like intensity to be high for a while with more distance, and then closer distance with less intensity.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    I like talking at very close physical distance with people. And I find it hard to hear/take in people who are too far away.

People can vary with comfort with that.

Although in a way I like intensity to be high for a while with more distance, and then closer distance with less intensity.
    well like what I was talking about is when I'm at the pool and my ESFp friend will come over and sit right next to me and start chatting my ear off. It's okay. But I'd rather have someone come over and just sit there for awhile, maybe say something, maybe not. maybe it's just this particular person but she definitely kind of acts like when she's around she wants your attention. I dunno.

I do like talking with people at a close distance. give me an example of high intensity with more distance?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

well like what I was talking about is when I'm at the pool and my ESFp friend will come over and sit right next to me and start chatting my ear off. It's okay. But I'd rather have someone come over and just sit there for awhile, maybe say something, maybe not. maybe it's just this particular person but she definitely kind of acts like when she's around she wants your attention. I dunno.
    I think I've had quite a few people in the past that just sit there for a while, and then maybe say something, maybe not ...

i don't really like sitting and talking that much at first. I prefer to stand and talk, or walk ...

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I do like talking with people at a close distance. give me an example of high intensity with more distance?
    I don't really do examples.

But like with people I know well, I prefer interactions to be louder and more abrasive for a while, and then to soften out ...

What I really hate is when people are kind of irritable, and not really interacting properly. And sometimes having a burst of intensity for a while, can kind of even out any bumps...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I've had quite a few people in the past that just sit there for a while, and then maybe say something, maybe not ...

i don't really like sitting and talking that much at first. I prefer to stand and talk, or walk ...
    yeah, walking is the best.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

yeah, walking is the best.
    It's weird, at this point in my life, I've noticed that the people I get along best with I can walk and talk with. And people who I can't walk and talk with it's like they just don't seem to matter.

People who like to stay in one place, people who don't like walking etc screw with me...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, there's nothing better than walking and talking, imo.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

walking and holding hands

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

walking and holding hands
    or not. or walking a dog too.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

or not. or walking a dog too.
    yanking it's leash.

no not there! nor there!

fucking dogs.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yanking it's leash.

no not there! nor there!

fucking dogs.
    No, when the dog stops then you stop too and it gives a charming pause to the walk. it's a different sort of cadence than walking to get somewhere.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I scare the occassional person. But that's just normal isn't it.

Sometimes I find it hard to tell if people are pretending to be scared, or are really scared. And to be honest, other people being scared can kind of make me uncomfortable.

Like their discomfort can be unnerving to me.

At times I notice that some girls seem to find it hard to talk loudly with me at first. Like they're kind of quiet/subdued. And some guys seem too friendly.

But other than that I don't think people really find me scary. Except one of my friends said that she finds me kind of scary when she can't tell where my limits are, and that she perceives me as not knowing where my own limits are. That said, in a way, she'll say that I'm scary, then move closer to me. But like at the same time she can kind of "remember" incidents etc ...

Also, I've noticed that some people seem to find it hard to approach me - like they'll get part of the way towards approaching me, and then kind of get insecure, and it's like I can kind of tell when someone's trying to approach me, and approach them, to find out why they want to approach me ..

But because I do stuff like that, it can kind of mean that some people seem to feel like they have to be kind of careful with their actions, because I'll kind of jump on the beginnings of their actions rather than wait for them to complete them -

Also I can kind of interrupt people, not listen to them, discount them, or their ideas etc etc. which some people find rude to a degree that they don't feel comfortable around me; although if someone I know "reminds" me then sometimes I start treating people better for a while.

So it used to get to the point where people were always telling me to behave myself, and to treat people with respect. And about good qualities of people and so forth. And then it's like I could say good things based upon input from others. I could respect people for a while etc. But then it's like how do I talk to them, when i haven't got anyone to help me...

I suppose I don't see it with that many other people. But I actually don't mind someone judging my behaviour and actions, and keeping a watch on me... And I can kind of do the same to others at times. So someone doing it to me, and then me doing it to other people is fine with me...
    Just by his own explaination you can tell that it is about TI/FE. He is talking about Fe hidden agenda which EXTp truly vaules, but entp and estp sort of have a different way of fullfilling their hidden agenda and at times I feel like estp do not know that when they try to fulfill their hidden agenda it makes them even more scarier. ENTp's tries to be goofy and non judgemental in hopes someone can pick up the emotion atomphsere and going along with their goffiness with SI. The ESTp tries to be tactful listen well, behave apporiately
    especially in their first meeting with people in hopes their intercolour dont think they are a thug or have no discipline in their character where EXFj are very bad at that. they truly vaules Fe, which i dont think they are dangerous because of it. some other types i have feel more dangerous because of it. You can also tell an ESTp, like all the other type when they are using their creative and their hidden agenda where it switches on and off from trying to understand what is going on(TI) to making funny faces and acting like a retard(SE,FE). I think an ESTp really need someone to geniuely care about them in order for them to show their FE more apporiately. I dont think most of ESTp wants to be look at like a bitch/dick or an asshole.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

No, when the dog stops then you stop too and it gives a charming pause to the walk. it's a different sort of cadence than walking to get somewhere.
    dogs stop. dogs don't stop unless you tell them to.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dogs stop. dogs don't stop unless you tell them to.
    well the one we had certainly did. he was a nosey dog and did lots of sniffing around.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

well the one we had certainly did. he was a nosey dog and did lots of sniffing around.
    sniffign around isn't stoping they keep moving.

just give them a yank on the chain, and make 'em keep moving.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sniffign around isn't stoping they keep moving.

just give them a yank on the chain, and make 'em keep moving.
    yeah well when it's a 90 pound golden retriever, he doesn't always come when you yank.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

yeah well when it's a 90 pound golden retriever, he doesn't always come when you yank.
    Pull harder.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pull harder.
    yeah right smarty pants. okay then you can come over the next time we are dog sitting this guy and see how easy it is to pull harder.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12