Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever want to take off?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ISTp ex-boyfriend (from many years ago) did a couple of trips like this. He just took off. One trip was on a motorcycle. How cool is that.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    My ISTp ex-boyfriend (from many years ago) did a couple of trips like this. He just took off. One trip was on a motorcycle. How cool is that.
    That's awesome. My ISTp friend is very much the same way.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha I figured this would be an Ne/Si thing, but I didn't realize how overwhelmingly it'd correlate. Anyway, I'm not delta, but I have wanted to take off frequently and I have followed through frequently. I've spent over half a year in Europe now, first studying in Spain and then just traveling around and sort of just partying, meeting all sorts of like-minded people, and probably getting more of that touristy experience people were talking about.

The nice thing though is that when you do this, you meet all sorts of people doing the same thing and develop connections that make continued traveling more fun and easier. I recently went back and visited Italy intensively. It was completely a different experience though because I knew so many Italians from my first trip that my whole trip consisted of visiting as many of them as possible, usually lodging for free, seeing all sorts of small towns where no one spoke English and there were no tourists to be seen besides me. I ate authentic home-cooked Italian which is so much better than the tourist restaurants, especially in Tuscany. It's just a completely different experience.

I also have had a few of the people I met even come out to CO and stay with me, hit the ski slopes, introduce them to the local parties and show them how we live, just have a good time, and even taken them up to a friend's in Aspen for great skiing and a glimpse into the lives of the rich and famous here haha.

Beyond that I'm very frequently visiting friends all over the Western/Southern US and even SW CA. Occasionally I just get an impulse and convince a friend/girlfriend to just take off with me for a weekend to Vegas or places like that. I'm trying to plan a trip to NZ/Aus as soon as possible too, but I'm finding it impossible to save any money right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has got to be a Delta thing...very refreshing to read everyone agreeing on this!

I did it twice, kinda. The first was easier, after college threw whatever would fit into a car and drove two hours away, not knowing friends or family there. But then I ended up staying too long and got really bored.

Finally, after like 5 years, I finally got frustrated enough to sell everything and took a suitcase across the country, not knowing anyone there either.

Problem is I keep buying crap I don't need and that makes it harder to continue to move. Though I'd love to live in Europe, and etc. (etc being just about everywhere).

And I actually think it's good ISTps can over-think or over-plan, because uh, some ENFps, such as myself, don't plan enough...
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    I mean: pack a suitcase of necessities and special things, tie up some loose ends, and just leave it all behind for a while to see/experience the world?

When I finally finish school, I am leaving the US to live/work/LIVE in a totally new country/culture. Any other deltas dream of something like this? Maybe more importantly, did you go for it?
    I have a *tendency* to do this. My friends have learned that they have to be OK with me dropping off the face of the earth for months or even years.
    To this day I refuse to own furniture. And periodically paring my belongings is downright soothing an activity. I recently counted, and I have six pairs of jeans. And that's too many! I have twelve workshirts, when I could get (and in the past, have gotten) by with just five ...
    I once owned a 1981 2-door Chevette, and I moved in it 6 times - 5 times in one carload.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For a large period in my life I did. Eventually I learned that if you do, it's because you have unresolved internal problems. Taking off will not solve them, as you'll carry them wherever you go.

Since then I've tried to make a truly fulfilling life and now the desire of taking off seems overly foreign to me.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do that all the time.
    ILE - Ti.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diljs View Post