Thread: B&D's type blog

Hybrid View

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If two men want to get married, then I think I should be able to marry my cat. It's all about love right?
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I'm not gonna lose sleep over two guys having sex. I honestly don't understand why people give such a shit.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Honestly I'm not gonna lose sleep over two guys having sex. I honestly don't understand why people give such a shit.
    Really. I mean, call it human rights or whatever you want. Less time wasted in bullshit discussions, more time gained for doing anything else, be it more productive or more pleasurable, or be it gay sex.

One more gay men = one less straight men competing for women on the planet!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that the problem was that religious bias was interfering in legal affairs by making the gender of the persons who are trying to marry relevant when it actually isn't. It acknowledges opposite sex marriage, but not same sex marriage (because of an over-arching religious bias that it's immoral). If we could fortify the crumbling wall between church and state, I don't think this would even be a problem... because there would be no legal difference.

Not all heterosexual married couples have children. Some gay couples do. So I don't see why children would be a big part of it. And then there are single parents with children...

ETA: all that aside, discrimination against homosexuality is one of the major discriminatory issues in society... it comes out legally and in all facets of life. But it's not alone... we still have racial discrimination... and I'm not going to list every freaking discrimination. It's a battle against our own brains as near as I can tell.

ETA2: maybe it's not a "crumbling wall" - I'm not sure the wall has ever been all that fortified.
    Last edited by marooned; 07-10-2008 at 11:22 PM.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    If two men want to get married, then I think I should be able to marry my cat. It's all about love right?
    I must have checked out in bio when they explained how species and sex are the same thing.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diana, why exactly are you against gay marriage? And, if you aren't, why are you against people expressing their desires to be given equal rights?

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I must have checked out in bio when they explained how species and sex are the same thing.
    Never said that, but it you plan on legalizing a perversion, other perversions should be legalized also.This is of course assuming that heterosexuality is the dominant orientation and all other orientations are deviations.

I look at ancient greek culture for example. Homosexuality was condoned so soldiers would fight for each other with more vigor. Were they all homosexual by birth? Almost like greek pederasty and middle eastern/African bestiality tendencies. Simple perversion.

Now this doesn't change "equal rights", but that's how I think of it.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never said that, but it you plan on legalizing a perversion, other perversions should be legalized also.This is of course assuming that heterosexuality is the dominant orientation and all other orientations are deviations.

I look at ancient greek culture for example. Homosexuality was condoned so soldiers would fight for each other with more vigor. Were they all homosexual by birth? Almost like greek pederasty and middle eastern/African bestiality tendencies. Simple perversion.

Now this doesn't change "equal rights", but that's how I think of it.

Whose definition of "perversion" are you using..?

Your argument is what's known as "moral subjectivism." In other words, you're arguing this: most ppl in this particular time, at this particular place are not gay, therefore we should not condone gayness, (currently the "non-dominant orientation.").

"Dominant orientation" does not always equal "correct." Case in point: Nazism was the "dominant [political] orientation" in Germany during the mid-1930s through the mid-1940s. If you had lived in Germany during that time, by your line of reasoning: all of the other political "deviations" would have been wrong and "perverted" (b/c they were "non-dominant orientations.")

By your line of reasoning, as you stated, Classical Greek and Roman cultures were "perverted" b/c homosexuality was considered culturally normal... Do you realize that they might have considered you--a strictly heterosexual person with biases about homosexuality--somewhat "perverse," the same way you currently consider gays "perverse?"

Who is to say they were wrong? And who is to say that you are right?
    Last edited by JuJu; 07-11-2008 at 01:18 AM. Reason: wrong wording

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JuJu, for what it's worth man, I'm all for it. I thought it was exceedingly fucked up when your friend told you to "lose his number". Like honestly... what's the damn problem?!?

I really don't see it as any form of perversion, I really don't see who they're hurting...
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JuJu, for what it's worth man, I'm all for it. I thought it was exceedingly fucked up when your friend told you to "lose his number". Like honestly... what's the damn problem?!?

I really don't see it as any form of perversion, I really don't see who they're hurting...
    Thank you man, I appreciate this. It's been a weird week, lol

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah.........

I wrote a +1000 word post, but I figure I'll wait a bit more.
    My current stance on gay rights or anything else is what I said to B&D when we talked before: I compare it to how I feel about women.
    • I don't want to marry a woman because it's what God said. I really don't. It actually has nothing to do with any religion. It is because that is the kind of relationship I like.
    • I am not attracted to women because I read the bible and it said that it was right to be attracted to a woman. I think they are hot, beautiful, amazing, adorable, and lovely. My urge to be with them is completely beyond my control. I want to have sex with one and be with one and take care of one and live with one. And if I felt that way about men for some reason, I'd sure as hell not want anyone telling me that's wrong. I don't think it's anyone's business what I find attractive or what I like, or who I like. I've gotten grief because I said a girl from another culture was attractive once, and that pissed me off. My likings are my likings and no one has any say but me. And if God has beef with them, I'll talk to him about it - fuck anyone else.
    That's about it basically. I just can't imagine someone telling me that how I feel about women is wrong. So in that way, if I was naturally attracted to men and it's not something I can control, I can't imagine what it's like to be told that who you inherently are is wrong.

Alternately, what if someone came up and started telling me that I was wrong because I like women, and I should start being with men. I'd say fuck you to that, as well. I don't want anyone telling me what is right or wrong about my own personal preferences.

Especially in a situation like this, where being gay isn't really directly affecting anyone else - what does it matter? You going to to bitch someone out because they like white wine instead of red wine? Get real.

As for gay marriage being an issue, I don't really care. If gay people desire to get married, then so be it. Why should I have any say in it at all? Because of my personal beliefs?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    As for gay marriage being an issue, I don't really care. If gay people desire to get married, then so be it. Why should I have any say in it at all? Because of my personal beliefs?
    Hoo-fucking-ray. Perhaps one of the most beautifully simple, elegant, intelligent utterances ever to appear on this forum.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no bias. I look at the facts before I make a judgment. Don't bring up a decade in history JuJu. Look at the average climate of sexual orientation. It has been heterosexual. Not to mention that anal sex is exceedingly dirty. I look at how AIDS has spread rampantly in Africa. Men contracting AIDS from god-knows-where, and then giving their wives and children the disease.

Do you realize that they might have considered you--a strictly heterosexual person with biases about homosexuality--somewhat "perverse," the same way you currently consider gays "perverse?"
    They're only human, who will make excuses for their behavior no matter what is thrown at them.

Kam have you ever talked with a gay person?
    I actually have in real life. More like a couple. They're nice, but I don't condone their behavior.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look at how AIDS has spread rampantly in Africa.
    ...where the dominant sexual orientation, as I understand, is heterosexual...

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no bias. I look at the facts before I make a judgment. Don't bring up a decade in history JuJu. Look at the average climate of sexual orientation. It has been heterosexual. Not to mention that anal sex is exceedingly dirty. I look at how AIDS has spread rampantly in Africa. Men contracting AIDS from god-knows-where, and then giving their wives and children the disease.
    Kam, I think you might be conflating some things here, unfortunately.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    I actually have in real life. More like a couple. They're nice, but I don't condone their behavior.
    A man is capable of knowing he loves a woman and he is just as capable of deciding he loves a man. What behavior do you not approve of? The affection between two people capable of loving each other?

And also, why do you think your personal opinion on it even matters? It's not your right to decide that someone else's rights should be limited.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    A man is capable of knowing he loves a woman and he is just as capable of deciding he loves a man. What behavior do you not approve of? The affection between two people capable of loving each other?
    Very moral post coming.

Two men or two women can love each other, yes. Love is good. The bible even claims God is love, so why can't people love anyone, pansexually?

My problem is not with the love, it is with the result of the love, which in my opinion is harmful to family bonds. I don't believe two men can take the role of a motherly figure, nor can two women take the place of a father figure, no matter how hard they try.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great. You've expressed your personal discontent. You are entitled to your personal discontent. And a gay person can disregard you, just as well, and go along with their own personal inclinations.

What more is there to say?
    Last edited by UDP; 07-11-2008 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Telling someont "so stop talking" usually isn't a good idea. I wouldn't like that done to me.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    This is a silly argument against gay marriage. Whatever sexual acts people do behind closed doors should be their own business, no matter what their sexual orientation is. Also, if two loyal married people who love one another engage in this act, what would it matter anyway?
    It had nothing to do with gay marriage, did it? The men I was referring weren't trying to get married. They contracted AIDS from homosexual sex, then used their heterosexual marriages to spread the disease.

All sex is dirty.
    ok.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to mention that anal sex is exceedingly dirty
    lol.

All sex is dirty.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Kamangir,

I have to make sure that your exceedingly limited base of knowledge includes the following two things before I continue:

-Birds
    -The problem of potential overpopulation of the human race

Love,
    Gilly

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Kamangir,

I have to make sure that your exceedingly limited base of knowledge includes the following two things before I continue:

-Birds
    -The problem of potential overpopulation of the human race

Love,
    Gilly
    Dear Gilly,

I've read this entire thread carefully. Hasn't done anything for me.

-Birds?
    -China has that problem, and they have few gays, along with Russia. So wait, we should become gay because we are overpopulated? How's that for logic.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...where the dominant sexual orientation, as I understand, is heterosexual...
    Where did AIDS come from in the 80's? Humans have been having heterosexual sex for a while now, but only recently has homosexual rights become such an important deal, pride fests, etc.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)