You know I had a stroke of ...inspiration last night.

It was about how to use cross-typing to improve work place organization, and I think I've found utopia.

One of the most peculiar things about cross-typing is that a cross-typed person can have the same relation with more than one type. That means they can bridge the gaps between people who would normally not work well together. It is rare to experience this in an organization, because people are hired based on their rapport with the interviewer (job experience isn't a factor when the work is competitive), however in a given field of study, there are many different personalities involved, each of which adds their own perspective to the machine that advances the field, and each of which is independent of the other's authority. (given they are not a part of the same organization)

Take Einstein for example. He bridged the gap between the experimentalist view toward physics that INTJs like James Clerk Maxwell and Max Planke espoused, with the mathematical perspectives of Poincarie and Reimann. He paid the bills for an INTP who helped him understand the math of General Relativity, and was assisted in his search by the INTJ mathematician David Hilbert. Einstein could not have done his work without drawing upon the previous and current works of INTJs and INTPs. Indeed, many INTJs have since labored to prove his work correct through ever more ingenious experiments.

It seems to me that the same "natural selection" processes, which of course are governed by relations of type (basic and cross), that keep fields of study from stagnating can be used to partner people in any organization of similar skills in ways that are of maximum benefit to both parties in every case. Using cross-type, we can supersede these processes with a new non-random philosophy of management.