I S T P

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    LOL, that's impressive. MBTI test says you're more of a perceiver than even me. If anything that should just demonstrate strong Ne in socionics, imo. And that's something everyone knows about you. Why don't you just quit the air-fairy BS and ground yourself Adam? Grow some J. GEEZ.

Also, your grammar is atrocious. "I didn't have hardly any." That makes me think of Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird.
    I don't need no stinking J, grammar nazi! I do what I want!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kensi View Post
    i just noticed that too....i'll try doing the test over again....on a basis now of what i interpersonally feel fitting....if 2 answers can reasonably be justified to be within close proximity i'll answer 2, if only one is really clear 1, and if the question can imply so many different things than 0. ( i expect there to be quite a lot of 0's this time as i feel not all questions are fairly asked or worded or at the very least could be better worded.)

Wow ! the results are quite a lot different now.....

Introversion (I):3 versusExtroversion (E):7 Sensing (S):5 versusIntuition (N):6 Thinking (T):9 versusFeeling (F):4 Judging (J):9 versusPerceiving (P):33
    Making your MBTI code: E N T P

My distribution for the anwers was:
    0 Answers given: 12 times
    1 Answer given: 10 times
    2 Answers given: 10 times
    I like this style of test a lot better.... As there are some 6+ billion people in the world. Questions you do not feel like answering cause of a plethora of multiple experiences you have had...you shouldn`t be forced to answer. If 2 answers are relatively close you should answer 2 and if 1 then 1.

The main thing is that your overall distribution should be fairly close together (12,10,10 in my case). This would indicate that you trully can associate yourself better with certain questions than with others and in varying degrees. Given that the average is 11 for each category....maybe we can throw in a factor of + or - 3 and say anywhere between an 8-14 in each category and you have done a good job interpreting the possibility of there being more than 1 answer and even none on some other instances.

Anybody up for trying this test this way and seeing if your results are more fitting !

I know that i am more pleased with the ENTP answer that i got as it reveals a lot more of my tendancies than the INTP answer i got being forced to take the test without there being this flexibility factor in interpretation.
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[SIZE=4]The main thing is that your overall distribution should be fairly close together (12,10,10 in my case). This would indicate that you trully can associate yourself better with certain questions than with others and in varying degrees. Given that the average is 11 for each category....maybe we can throw in a factor of + or - 3 and say anywhere between an 8-14 in each category and you have done a good job interpreting the possibility of there being more than 1 answer and even none on some other instances.
    Where's the logical basis for this? How is an even distribution at all indicative of varying degrees of association to certain questions? By saying that you allow 8-14 you're merely restricting people from answering as honestly as possible. Not answering within that numerical range does not, by any means, indicate that you're not fully accepting the varying degrees with which you can associate to individual responses. In fact, your reasoning makes absolutely no sense. It's like an arbitrary correlation of numbers. How many times you answer in each numerical category 0 - 1 - 2 is entirely irrelevant to how you're perceiving the questions, with the exception of answering entirely with one response, which indicates that you haven't fully embraced the possibility for multiple or no responses.

When I realized I could answer with 0-2 responses I went back and retook the test more honestly given my freedom and the only significant differences were that I was no longer labelled as an unfeeling twat and that I was even more excessively perceptive than before. I didn't try to distribute anything evenly I just answered honestly. My results were entirely unsurprising to me given that I've always consistently typed ENTP in MBTI regardless of test.

I'm going to be honest and say that I don't feel this test really revealed much of anything wrt my tendencies. And it certainly didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. How you see this test as particularly revealing is beyond me. It was different, certainly, and it took into account the possibility that someone might value certain things equally in individual circumstances, or perhaps not at all. For that I can give it a nod of respect, but beyond that I don't really see any particularly profound insight out of it. There are many other tests that I've run into over the past 5 or so years that take into account strengths of individual elements. Also, I found that there were several questions where I was obligated to answer with 2 because answering with one would be disregarding a certain element, but if I could have I would have picked both with an extra emphasis on one of the two.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, close enough.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Results

Introversion (I): 18 Extroversion (E):8
    Sensing (S): 5 Intuition (N): 20
    Thinking (T): 11 Feeling (F): 10
    Judging (J): 7 Perceiving (P): 12

INXP is fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    this test is dumb, i got ISFP
    haha shame on you Dee.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's the logical basis for this? How is an even distribution at all indicative of varying degrees of association to certain questions? By saying that you allow 8-14 you're merely restricting people from answering as honestly as possible. Not answering within that numerical range does not, by any means, indicate that you're not fully accepting the varying degrees with which you can associate to individual responses. In fact, your reasoning makes absolutely no sense. It's like an arbitrary correlation of numbers. How many times you answer in each numerical category 0 - 1 - 2 is entirely irrelevant to how you're perceiving the questions, with the exception of answering entirely with one response, which indicates that you haven't fully embraced the possibility for multiple or no responses.

When I realized I could answer with 0-2 responses I went back and retook the test more honestly given my freedom and the only significant differences were that I was no longer labelled as an unfeeling twat and that I was even more excessively perceptive than before. I didn't try to distribute anything evenly I just answered honestly. My results were entirely unsurprising to me given that I've always consistently typed ENTP in MBTI regardless of test.

I'm going to be honest and say that I don't feel this test really revealed much of anything wrt my tendencies. And it certainly didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. How you see this test as particularly revealing is beyond me. It was different, certainly, and it took into account the possibility that someone might value certain things equally in individual circumstances, or perhaps not at all. For that I can give it a nod of respect, but beyond that I don't really see any particularly profound insight out of it. There are many other tests that I've run into over the past 5 or so years that take into account strengths of individual elements. Also, I found that there were several questions where I was obligated to answer with 2 because answering with one would be disregarding a certain element, but if I could have I would have picked both with an extra emphasis on one of the two.
    Answers Embedded:

Where's the logical basis for this {no strongly overriding and logically thematic basis is needed aside from a statistical one-at this stage....its just a trial run....if you can't eliminate some of the 8-14 questions...oh well...just say so....there are plenty of tests out there and not everyone will fit everyone's liking largely due to temperamental and upbringing conditions....but i know that in certain questions it is just too close to call}? How is an even distribution {one should not try to force an even distribution if it ain't appropriate for one but if it is then go for it....there can be a class1 and class2 designation to such a thing...i don't see that existing outside of the realm of possibility}at all indicative of varying degrees of association to certain questions? By saying that you allow 8-14 you're merely restricting {its not mandatory...if you can do it great...as long as you interpersonally do not feel you are skewing the results but are honest in your assessment}people from answering as honestly as possible. Not answering {you by no means have to if you don't want to}within that numerical range does not, by any means, indicate that you're not fully accepting the varying degrees with which you can associate to individual responses. In fact, your reasoning makes absolutely no sense{now it should}. It's like an arbitrary correlation{no just a proposal of sorts and a trial run for those who are flexible} of numbers. How many times you answer in each numerical category 0 - 1 - 2 is entirely irrelevant {there is some relevance to it cause within the boundaries of a test such values will be different for different tests assuming one has the laid out option......also that ,in itself, on a lesser not may be indicative of a preference in itself...to say it is entirely irrelevant is to diffuse Ne.} to how you're perceiving the questions, with the exception of answering entirely with one response, which indicates that you haven't fully embraced the possibility for multiple or no responses.

When I realized I could answer with 0-2 responses I went back and retook the test more honestly given my freedom and the only significant differences were that I was no longer labelled as an unfeeling twat and that I was even more excessively perceptive than before. I didn't try to distribute anything evenly{one shouldn't if the answers that one is to make violate one's true belief in what the appropriate answer is----one should only be aware that in doing so one is giving the test a certain designation different than one in which there is only one answer allowed......you shouldn't force an open person to be too narrow minded nor a narrow minded person to be too open........a good ENTP for example will know that there are many ways to look at it} I just answered honestly. My results were entirely unsurprising to me given that I've always consistently typed ENTP in MBTI regardless of test.

I'm going to be honest and say that I don't feel this test really revealed much of anything wrt my tendencies. And it certainly didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. How you see this test as particularly revealing is beyond me{interpersonally it can be (its neat to have 3 choices and in various combinations) but interpersonal matters are not easy to spot by an observer....this btw is just one random test i pulled and by no means am i intending it to be the foundation of something big}. It was different, certainly, and it took into account the possibility that someone might value certain things equally in individual circumstances, or perhaps not at all. For that I can give it a nod of respect, but beyond that I don't really see any particularly profound insight out of it.{ i agree ---there is nothing really profound here...its just a trial run that's intended.} There are many other tests that I've run into over the past 5 or so years that take into account strengths of individual elements. Also, I found that there were several questions where I was obligated to answer with 2 because answering with one would be disregarding a certain element, but if I could have I would have picked both with an extra emphasis on one of the two.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't take this a personal criticism, kensi, but visually that last post of yours looks like verbal diarrhea. In the future maybe set off each part you're responding to in quotes or something?

Edit: dolphin has a faster trigger finger and a sharper wit!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Don't take this a personal criticism, kensi, but visually that last post of yours looks like verbal diarrhea. In the future maybe set off each part you're responding to in quotes or something?

Edit: dolphin has a faster trigger finger and a sharper wit!
    I don't think the real problem is embedding (take a look at people's and company webpages there is crap all over the place)...the key is bringing out the relevant things and pushing the minor ones furtherinto the backgroung)...especially not when it's color coded and bookmarked in a consistent fashion......hahahah, i could have used a better font and gotten rid of the italic feature though.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introversion (I): 13 versus Extroversion (E): 9
    Sensing (S): 1 versus Intuition (N): 16
    Thinking (T): 7 versus Feeling (F): 11
    Judging (J): 0 versus Perceiving (P): 20

Making your MBTI code:

I N F P (which is what I always test as in MBTI)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qbsirena06 View Post
    Introversion (I): 13 versus Extroversion (E): 9
    Sensing (S): 1 versus Intuition (N): 16
    Thinking (T): 7 versus Feeling (F): 11
    Judging (J): 0 versus Perceiving (P): 20

Making your MBTI code:

I N F P (which is what I always test as in MBTI)
    What sort of method did you use to answer the questions if you don't mind me asking, Serena baby(, as Cyclops would say)?

Did you go:

1.one answer only
    2.two answers always
    3.0,1,or 2 answers random....or....
    4.0,1,or 2 answers permitting for revisions ( to allow for only the most clearly laid out questions to capture your true committment to them)...committing to a balanced style in interpretation. ??

My last method was #3. I proposed it be tried thru #4 roughly as i outlined.

i hopr that makes sense.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    Perhaps then your MBTI result was indeed wrong. Consider INFp with the weak sensing.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Results

Introversion (I): 16 versus Extroversion (E): 4
    Sensing (S): 16 versus Intuition (N): 8
    Thinking (T): 11 versus Feeling (F): 14
    Judging (J): 8 versus Perceiving (P): 12

I S F P

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What sort of method did you use to answer the questions if you don't mind me asking, Serena baby(, as Cyclops would say)?

Did you go:

1.one answer only
    2.two answers always
    3.0,1,or 2 answers random....or....
    4.0,1,or 2 answers permitting for revisions ( to allow for only the most clearly laid out questions to capture your true committment to them)...committing to a balanced style in interpretation. ??

My last method was #3. I proposed it be tried thru #4 roughly as i outlined.

i hopr that makes sense.
    Not sure which number this would fall under, but I ended up answering every question and most of them with 2 answers, some only 1. Hope that answers your question.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qbsirena06 View Post
    Not sure which number this would fall under, but I ended up answering every question and most of them with 2 answers, some only 1. Hope that answers your question.
    ohh...and none of them with zero answers. I had 12 answers with zero in it cause the wording to me could have implied all 3 answers to be valid in a convincing respect.

(you chose option 3 with no zeros...which may in-itself be yet another option, ha haha )

fwiw, you may wanna try to eliminate some of the questions in which ,within reason, you can see all three answers fitting as i found quite a few. ....*Maybe this will transform this mermaid into an ENFp again*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    I don't know where you get your aesthetics, dee.

goes into convulsions everytime someone tells him text is hard to read.
    fwiw...these above representations look like convulsions to me and they are your own invention.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh noooooooo kensi just insulted me by making fun of me! Omg he hurt my feelings. Imagine how I must feeling........

The convulsions are starting to come....the joints in my fingers aer lckoign up...2a8(W$*%R$(*

fwiw ,really,....nothing...like the comment that began it all..... what though would you say your need is to express yourself this way!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got INFJ before when I thought each question required exactly one response... now I answered some with zero or two choices, and got:

Introversion (I):18 versus Extroversion (E):5
    Sensing (S):8 versus Intuition (N):13
    Thinking (T):10 versus Feeling (F):11
    Judging (J):8 versus Perceiving (P):17

Making your MBTI code: I N F P

which is what I normally get on MBTI tests. Except the one on facebook gave me INFJ, but then they added a new section and I took it again I got ISFP (though the S, F and P were all borderline). I think a lot of EIIs would test as INFP on MBTI, but I think most of the IEIs also test as INFP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need to express myself like a fish needs a bicycle.
    haha,LMAO, now that i like.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    I got INFJ before when I thought each question required exactly one response... now I answered some with zero or two choices, and got:

[/B]

which is what I normally get on MBTI tests. Except the one on facebook gave me INFJ, but then they added a new section and I took it again I got ISFP (though the S, F and P were all borderline). I think a lot of EIIs would test as INFP on MBTI, but I think most of the IEIs also test as INFP.

Yeah...bottom line, i think, is that you have to eliminate any questions which must be answered but you yourself know that none of the answers, in the context of the question, make sense.....or at the very least state that there are 2 very competitive answers existing together.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know where you get your aesthetics, dee.

Fast-forward to 2:07
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    and you could answer yes to more than one option because they were not "polarized" enough (umm..couldn't think of a better word).
    Yeah, wtf, this test doesn't make sense at all. Many of the choices aren't really opposites, although the fact that you can't select them all implies that they are supposed to be. Ex:

26. Do you think of yourself as:
    (a) practical
    (b) ingenious
    (c) decisive

Clearly, a person who is all three (and intelligent enough to recognize it) is beyond the scope of MBTI.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Ex:

(a) practical
    (b) ingenious
    (c) decisive

I don't know...how do you understand the distribution of a simple function for that...

(a) practical
    (b) ingenious
    (c) decisive
    a)= S preference ??
    b)= N preference ??
    c)= Je or Ji preference ??...or is it Je only in the ego.

..but can an S Type not see himself as ingenious ?...what about an N type as practical ? ...hey why not...if they're life is going good...and they got their goals reasonably under control from participating in those very activities to contribute to that...etc.etc..

....How do you account for an S type that is consumed by N Energies...surely they will test more towards N....and vice versa. What about Superego suggestiveness??

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I don't think there is a type I haven't tested as. Recently I took a socionics and got ESTJ and other that said INTP.
    i think Ne/Si might type more as P and possibly N for the P and Ne waiting to see what happens thing.

Introversion (I): 8 versus Extroversion (E): 3
    Sensing (S): 5 versus Intuition (N): 10
    Thinking (T): 12 versus Feeling (F): 1
    Judging (J): 8 versus Perceiving (P): 10

INTP

like almost all MBTI test I have taken give or take a few.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    i think Ne/Si might type more as P and possibly N for the P and Ne waiting to see what happens thing.

Hi,

What then does Ni/Se type more frequently as? ...any suggestions ?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I answered every question thoughtfully and truthfully, and I received ISFP.

But I only chose one option.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Results
    Introversion (I): 8 versus Extroversion (E): 11
    Sensing (S): 0 versus Intuition (N): 13
    Thinking (T): 6 versus Feeling (F): 8
    Judging (J): 3 versus Perceiving (P): 14

ENFP baby

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Results

Introversion (I): 15 versus Extroversion (E): 4
    Sensing (S): 10 versus Intuition (N): 0
    Thinking (T): 7 versus Feeling (F): 3
    Judging (J): 8 versus Perceiving (P): 10

Making your MBTI code:
    I S T P
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introversion (I): 20 versus Extroversion (E): 6
    Sensing (S): 13 versus Intuition (N): 16
    Thinking (T): 16 versus Feeling (F): 9
    Judging (J): 5 versus Perceiving (P): 16

Making your MBTI code:
    I N T P

This must be MBTI day!

I>P>T>N.

I do like the style of this test.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    I N T P

Hmm... I tested INFP the last time I took the same test...

And what is this supposed to mean:

MBTI INFPs (at least ime) are notoriously dreamy and out of touch with reality, thus "real life" tends to be pretty rough on them. That's what it's supposed to mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    I N T P

Hmm... I tested INFP the last time I took the same test...

And what is this supposed to mean:

INFP is FiNe, you know. lol are you back to Delta NF?
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12