Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
i think Se is a nightmare
well "value" is tricky because IEE "values" Si as a form of quadral values. It attaches inordinate weight to Si in comparison to its own ability in utilizing it, and expects contribution from the environment or others. In this sense it "values" Si. But being an extrovert it "values" Se in the sense that its better at it, it trains it as a form of social adaptation, and generally engages in it, not precisely because it "seeks" it the way it seeks Si, but nevertheless values it inasmuch as everyone would admit the "value" of their own role function. Gulenko says its the difference between "I want" and "I must" (super id v super ego)

long story short, if you look at a function in terms of "I want" v "I must" you're looking at valued v non valued, even though you might be stronger in the "I must" region, and "I must" implies a degree of value if for no other reason than social responsibility. that form of "I must" value is distinct from value as a part of personality type, its more a second tier admission of the value of people doing stuff they don't want to do, but do because its necessary. one's own "valued" in the socionics sense of values fall into "I know" (ego) and "I want" (superid)