Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: fictional characters you strongly identify with

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I post way too often on here lol. I find all sorts of ways to relate to characters and people though. I will try to make this the last post.

Shunsui Kyōraku from bleach is basically me. He was my avatar when I originally joined the forum.

The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Stupid Se dom with a 157 IQ Muira's Avatar
    TIM
    SCS: SLE sp8w7
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nanno from The girl from nowhere

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Athanasius Pernath from The Golem by Gustav Meyrink
    4w5, tritype 469, sx/sp/so

Burning in water, Drowning in fire

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vergil, The Punisher, Michael Myers, Homura Akemi
    Last edited by I am a frog; 04-11-2023 at 03:59 AM.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note necessarily my Sociotype of course, just some similar traits or affinities.

Shiryu (Saint Seiya)

Duke Fleed (UFO Robo Grendizer)

Tang Lung (The way of the Dragon)

Toki (Hokuto No Ken)

Retsu Ichijouji (Uchuu Keiji Gavan)

Jonathan Raven

Rémi (Sans Famille)

Peter Parker (Sam Raimi)

Yusaku Godai (Maison Ikkoku)

Tatsuhiro Satō (NHK ni Youkoso!)

John (Joseph) Merrick (The Elephant Man)

David (Bruce) Banner from the 70's TV show

Bastian Balthazar Bux (The Neverending Story) [100% me when I was a Kid ! I even looked like him]

Daniel Larusso (Karate Kid)

Sam Beckett (Quantum Leap)

etc...

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The story of Cinderella taught me that a new pair of shoes can change your life.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EUDAEMONIUM View Post
    Also, both of these characters were pretty close to home for me.

It's like Kentaro Miura made a manga about beta duality, with Griffith being an IEI, and Guts resembling an SLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rewatching Demon Slayer, I forgotten how much I relate to Tanjiro. I haven't gotten to the new season, so I don't know if his character has changed, but his interactions with others and his behavior, when the scenes are more relaxed like when he's at Shinobu's place recovering or when he first meets Zenistu.
    Other characters are Felicity Fox from Mr. Fantastic Fox and Sheng Minglan from the Story of Minglan.

TIM
    NiTe
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Αlmost none. It's not a precondition for enjoyment that characters be in any way 'relatable'

That said, Tertius Lydgate from Middlemarch apparently shared a number of my thoughts and traits before I was born lol

TIM
    NiTe
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DirectorAbbie View Post
    Samwise Gamgee from "The Lord of the Rings"
    Rebecca from "Ivanhoe"

I try to identify with one character in every book I read. If I can't, I decide the book is stupid and stop reading it.
    Interesting that it takes some effort. The ethicals have thought up very long lists by contrast

'Identify with' means to sort of group together in the abstract, does it not? If it's a mere linking from admiration or desire to resemble a romantic character, that's perhaps more understandable, but it's a bit surprising that many people can relate their images of themselves to multiple protagonists and main characters

Tbh I've decided one of the major flaws shared amongst forumites lies in this heroic self-delusion, and for this reason, typings have become not only unclear but also sort of fraught

I appreciate your choices btw.

TIM
    NiTe
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose Sydney Carton as well, then... although I'm not sure whether I'd make the same sacrifice, without which he's merely a low drunkard with a long-standing unrequited love

The similarities lie in 1. professional nous that prove a consistent source of surprise 2. can give a drunken or slovenly appearance which belies effort expended in advance of the project 3. the manner of working (all hours of the night, with no thought to health) 4. the sort of partnership that inevitably forms from an innate lack of presentability 5. raw abilities recognised as a source of shame

I'll add M de Villefort I suppose--to the extent that he can mistreat others even knowing in advance that he
    Last edited by theum nathair; 10-15-2023 at 01:38 PM.

TIM
    NiTe
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I attribute it to weak Ne: he misses the forest for the trees; when I compare him to other people or ficitonal characters, he blows the dissimilarities out of proportion.
    Conversely, I attribute this and other socionic-solecisms to weak reading comprehension. Develop a pluralistic mindset or perish

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

my nickname is derivative of character name in the book "Scar" by Dyachenko
    I used it since 90s end

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    my nickname is derivative of character name in the book "Scar" by Dyachenko
    I used it since 90s end
    I looked it up “egert sol”? Do you identity with him?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    I looked it up “egert sol”? Do you identity with him?
    Yep, the main character was an inspiration. Years ago. Then I kept the nick as adopted to it.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To a certain degree the Clark Kent of this show (Lois and Clark : the New Adventures of Superman). Most importantly Lois (Terri Hatcher) not only vibes exactly like my ex but also looks like her (a mix between her and Linda Hamilton (Sarah Connor in Terminator). Fun fact, when I was in highschool I had a classmate girl who was a carbon copy of Terri Hatcher, her first name was Linda...

Not long ago I mentioned Alicia Silverstone's character in the "Clueless" movie and I said that she vibed like my ex. Well, Lois is even closer (both in vibe and look). My dynamic with my ex was very similar to that of Lois and Clark.

What type are Lois and Clark in that show ?

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking LukaDoncic's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wes from Pokemon Colosseum, rallying powers dragon gliding hard edges piston priming gentle cartoon Kid's WB Yourself wings of rescue lightspeed casting chocolate herbs and bells of worm-tongue fears and menace for a day in the park
    When Raptor really thought about it, he realized he doesn't need to keep trying to win in 2006 and 2013. Instead, Raptor won in 2014, defeating Goat Lionel Messi on the road with blowout Brazil too as Wes in Pokemon Colosseum, Leo in Japan as Wesley Sneijder from Bronze Netherlands. Brazil created the ultimate Lugia and Bunny emblem, and this was Wes, birds of power and wielding firebrand clockwork polymath webs imagining rubies and blankets of prismatic holography shards of golem Pokedex chapter flowing resurrections empowering stars and vivid gems of fractal explosions and Humunga Dunga*!!
    In 2022, BunnyRaptor won the science award, transcended George Lucas, evolved into Dooku, and went into the Marius Florin dream chamber
    Marius is commanding officer, but Raptor's the 1
    Be a good friend and a fair enemy.
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567