Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: What is my Type?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    you know people have been suggesting IEI at work for me lately, and I usually only conflict with -ESTjs (like Tom and Cyclops, though I get along with -ESTjs like Expat and Smilex), so maybe is really my HA
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Smilex is blatantly Ti>Te.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    And you're blatantly ridiculous.
    I agree with Gilly on that matter.

@Huitzilopochtli: from the point of view of relationships, please note that I don't get along at all with Smilingeyes (my supposed identical ), I have little time for Cyclops, and I see Tom as a clueless and embarrassing troll. I think that both Smilingeyes and Tom are LSI, by the way. Which is not to say that I have anything against LSI as a type -- one of my longest real-life friends is a LSI, and I get along with, and like, PotatoSpirit, both here and personally, and I think I'd get along with idolatrie if we'd interact more.

Regarding yourself, I do regard our own interactions as positive, which if you're LSI just shows that illusion can go either way.

But what you said above makes little sense: if you see all those people as ESTjs (only with different subtypes), you think that just the subtype would account for such a big difference in your interactions if you're IEI?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know it's funny, but I don't always use the same IM, it changes based upon context...when I am outranked I am IEI, when I am with my friends I act SLE, when I am with a girl I like I seem LSI, and when I am lying to someone or totally despise them I use EIE...
    That seems very consistent with LSI as a type.

To me Expat has never seemed as decisive or positivist as the LIEs I have met.
    Do you still type Kirk in the latest Star Trek movie as LIE? If so, this has to do with an erroneous view of LIEs. That's what SLEs are like, rather than LIEs.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I agree with Gilly on that matter.

@Huitzilopochtli: from the point of view of relationships, please note that I don't get along at all with Smilingeyes (my supposed identical ), I have little time for Cyclops, and I see Tom as a clueless and embarrassing troll. I think that both Smilingeyes and Tom are LSI, by the way. Which is not to say that I have anything against LSI as a type -- one of my longest real-life friends is a LSI, and I get along with, and like, PotatoSpirit, both here and personally, and I think I'd get along with idolatrie if we'd interact more.

Regarding yourself, I do regard our own interactions as positive, which if you're LSI just shows that illusion can go either way.

But what you said above makes little sense: if you see all those people as ESTjs (only with different subtypes), you think that just the subtype would account for such a big difference in your interactions if you're IEI?
    Hey Expat...that was just a sense observation, I cannot draw any final 'intuitive' conclusions regarding LSE subtype because I don't enegage in extraverted intiution, contrary to popular belief, and thus there are none logically justified in my mind. I had a brief altercation with Tom last night, largely due to the differences in our ideologies (subjectivism vs objectivism), but if his objective was to be a troll he accomplished it well. That being, the case, he did seem to employ an ESTj mentality on the shout box. Smilingeyes I believe has a much better chance of being LSI, from our limited interactions I cannot be certain but he did use very derived explanations of his thoughts during our communications that were very unlike his thought when he is speaking of abstract socionics. I know that your own type often comes under fire, and though your is quite pronounced you lack the impatiance and criticality that most gamma NTs live for...

That seems very consistent with LSI as a type.

Do you still type Kirk in the latest Star Trek movie as LIE? If so, this has to do with an erroneous view of LIEs. That's what SLEs are like, rather than LIEs.
    You are certainly correct that Kirk is SLE, it is a mistake I understand much more now that I have a better understanding of the types.
    Last edited by Nexus; 07-29-2009 at 11:20 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Huitzilopochtli: for the record, I've only mentioned my type because you made it relevant in the context of discussing your own type. Again, I think you have the wrong view of LIE as a type, but I doubt we'll sort that out here.

I know that your own type often comes under fire,
    Is that a criterion for you when typing others? That is, your view of someone's type is affected by how often it "comes under fire" from others?

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Huitzilopochtli: for the record, I've only mentioned my type because you made it relevant in the context of discussing your own type. Again, I think you have the wrong view of LIE as a type, but I doubt we'll sort that out here.

Is that a criterion for you when typing others? That is, your view of someone's type is affected by how often it "comes under fire" from others?
    Not at all, but it is a indicator for disagreement in typing methods and that is why I brought it up, for such a comparison. Personally I couldn't agree more with your current self-typing.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you're blatantly ridiculous.
    And you blatantly don't know what Ti is.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not at all, but it is a indicator for disagreement in typing methods and that is why I brought it up, for such a comparison. Personally I couldn't agree more with your current self-typing.
    Ok, but I thought you had listed me as Te-ESTj (along with Smilingeyes) just a few posts above ? Or you were referring to what someone else said?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a brief altercation with Tom last night, largely due to the differences in our ideologies (subjectivism vs objectivism), but if his objective was to be a troll he accomplished it well.
    He's not worth it, he's still young, doesn't understand how the world works, etc.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, but I thought you had listed me as Te-ESTj (along with Smilingeyes) just a few posts above ? Or you were referring to what someone else said?
    Yes, I believe that you are Te-ESTj, far more than Smilingeyes. That is still your self-typing, correct? My room mate is ESTj so I have an understanding of some of the operating principles behind the LSE ego.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's not worth it, he's still young, doesn't understand how the world works, etc.
    I wasn't trying to get involved...last night I was able to type Tov as Ni-INFp beyond the shadow of a doubt, but Tom tried to stop me because I had only just met Tov though he did not have an alternative suggestion...I turned out to be right, and he left the shout box in disgust...he also simultaneously tried to tell me I was LII based on a few posts of mine he had read, that quadra values were garbage, and that there was no way I had any skills that he didn't and thus he could speak for me whenever he wanted...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I believe that you are Te-ESTj, far more than Smilingeyes. That is still your self-typing, correct? My room mate is ESTj so I have an understanding of some of the operating principles behind the LSE ego.
    My self-typing, as per my signature (which I've never bothered to change in years, but nvm) is LIE. Logical subtype if we must think in terms of subtypes (the validity of which I often question). So Te-ESTj is anyway very close to my own self-typing; the more important issue, to me, is that those who tend to promote that typing more often are totally clueless about what socionics really is about. It's not just a disagreement on typing methods, but on the very nature of types and of socionics as a whole.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he also simultaneously tried to tell me I was LII based on a few posts of mine he had read, that quadra values were garbage, and that there was no way I had any skills that he didn't and thus he could speak for me whenever he wanted...
    That's the kind of thing I meant when I said "clueless and embarrassing troll".

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My self-typing, as per my signature (which I've never bothered to change in years, but nvm) is LIE. Logical subtype if we must think in terms of subtypes (the validity of which I often question). So Te-ESTj is anyway very close to my own self-typing; the more important issue, to me, is that those who tend to promote that typing more often are totally clueless about what socionics really is about. It's not just a disagreement on typing methods, but on the very nature of types and of socionics as a whole.
    Perhaps...sorry I missed your signature; on being LIE, I suppose I have yet to see how your manifests itself, but FWIW you aren't distinctively PoLR either. I suppose that with such deep thinkers as ourselves it is often hard for outsiders to delineate a dominantly creative function with any absolute certainty...also, Smilingeyes believed he was prone to type shifts...by now he could be ESFj
    Last edited by Nexus; 07-30-2009 at 12:05 AM.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not 100% on your type yet, huitz; in your video you seemed pretty stereotypically Ti dominant in terms of general demeanor, but I had a hard time seeing you as Se creative > Se PoLR; however in your writing and at some points during the video you seem more "there" to me than most LIIs do, not quite as coldly analytical, a little more "real," not in the commonly used "I KEEP IT REAL" sense, but just a feeling of substance, less ethereal or off-in-space seeming. So I'm a bit split on your type, but leaning LII for now.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not 100% on your type yet, huitz; in your video you seemed pretty stereotypically Ti dominant in terms of general demeanor, but I had a hard time seeing you as Se creative > Se PoLR; however in your writing and at some points during the video you seem more "there" to me than most LIIs do, not quite as coldly analytical, a little more "real," not in the commonly used "I KEEP IT REAL" sense, but just a feeling of substance, less ethereal or off-in-space seeming. So I'm a bit split on your type, but leaning LII for now.
    lately I have been seeing my creative as an expression of excess energy and a way to keep a tighter grip on my environment...BTW, weren't you EIE at some point?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I still fluctuate between thinking I'm EIE and IEI.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I still fluctuate between thinking I'm EIE and IEI.
    I think you are -EIE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are Ni-EIE
    That was my self-typing for a long time...it's still on the burner for sure. Thanks for the input Hopefully it hasn't fed my 3 fix enough to make me change my mind on the spot

Don't want to hijack your thread, so you can pm me/start another thread if you prefer, but why?

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was my self-typing for a long time...it's still on the burner for sure. Thanks for the input Hopefully it hasn't fed my 3 fix enough to make me change my mind on the spot

Don't want to hijack your thread, so you can pm me/start another thread if you prefer, but why?

you seem like you create more than accept it...you also seem more rational than irrational & constructivist than emotivist most of the time...also, enneatype 4 is constructivist (EIE>IEI), and the 3 wing is very much EIE (the actor)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit: nvm, dont want to derail.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you blatantly don't know what Ti is.
    I wouldn't assume Smilingeyes does either.

@Huitzilopochtli: from the point of view of relationships, please note that I don't get along at all with Smilingeyes (my supposed identical )
    That's interesting. And you also think he's LSI...
    Last edited by Park; 07-30-2009 at 06:15 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone seems to think that I am the type that I claimed to be when they first got to know me

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone seems to think that I am the type that I claimed to be when they first got to know me
    You might not have noticed, but you're not the only example of that phenomenon either. A huge portion of the people who've changed their self-typings here suffer (or have suffered) precisely the same.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might not have noticed, but you're not the only example of that phenomenon either. A huge portion of the people who've changed their self-typings here suffer (or have suffered) precisely the same.
    I hadn't noticed that this was a widespread phenomenon; perhaps the only other really good example I can think of is UDP. I know a lot of the Model X people are stuck on all sorts of old typings because Ashton is afraid of change but they don't really count in my view. Have anyone in particular in mind?

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hadn't noticed that this was a widespread phenomenon; perhaps the only other really good example I can think of is UDP. I know a lot of the Model X people are stuck on all sorts of old typings because Ashton is afraid of change but they don't really count in my view. Have anyone in particular in mind?
    I can think of a couple... and yes, it's the Model X crowd that does it the most, though they're not the only ones.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huitz have you considered ILE for yourself? Just a passing thought.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huitz have you considered ILE for yourself? Just a passing thought.
    actually I have been considering LIE as of late; despite popular opinion, I hate with a passion, but perhaps it is my demonstrating function rather than my PoLR...I also noticed that I am a little more receptive to than lately, and that I think really fast when I am around people

*I think I prefer static F and S, because dynamic F and S are distracting...
    Last edited by Nexus; 07-31-2009 at 03:00 PM.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

more VI

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you consider ?

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you consider ?
    intuition that is shared extravertedly, or an extroverted energy expressed with the intuition

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read more, type less

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

intuition that is shared extravertedly, or an extroverted energy expressed with the intuition
    Wouldn't apply to XIIs... (most of the time anyway)

This would describe ILEs and IEEs fairly often, though.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Wouldn't apply to XIIs... (most of the time anyway)

This would describe ILEs and IEEs fairly often, though.
    interesting claim...either way I am still fluctuating more around LSI

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting claim...either way I am still fluctuating more around LSI
    Right, I didn't intend that as an argument for you as LII... I see that LSI has been the result of you thinking about yourself for some time, so I consider that more likely, even though you don't fit the stereotype I had for LSI.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Right, I didn't intend that as an argument for you as LII... I see that LSI has been the result of you thinking about yourself for some time, so I consider that more likely, even though you don't fit the stereotype I had for LSI.
    well, LSI is a form of IM with real implications, not a stereotype that you can simply intuit

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, LSI is a form of IM with real implications, not a stereotype that you can simply intuit
    I think I have to say "Leave my creative function alone" in this case.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess this kind of came as a shock...
    my new superior is a core LSI, and he thinks I am ESTp, as have most of the LSIs I have met recently (such as my suitemate, and some one I drove around in the duty van recently)
    today a gorgeous IEI at the smokepad looked at me and said I was a natural...it's so surreal
    I also have ESEs and IEIs all over me, and when I sleep I dream I am an IEI
    come to think of it, I have never had an altercation with an IEI, ever...
    it also explains why I always argue with LSEs, why I get along so well with (most) SEEs
    and why at first I tend to like ENTjs but they can't stand me after a short while
    I also feel like I really understand SLEs on a pretty deep level
    I never have (don't know if you ever noticed), and this would account for my /
    I have noticed that I do act very ESTp around strangers and in public...
    any thoughts?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI makes sense to me. Some are more "settled" and some are more outgoing. SLE isn't a horrible choice, but LSI seems better.

btw, http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...tml#post550649
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast