Thread: I am not Beta

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I am not Beta

I am not INFp at all. I will take it as a compliment that you see me as a Beta type though because I admire them for their beauty, humour, intelligence, drive, strength, perserverance, and straightforwardness.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you admire Deltas for?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    What do you admire Deltas for?
    Seriousness, ability to live life to the fullest and making every minute counts, inquisitiveness, curiosity, lifelong learning, caringness, willingness to accept people who are different from them, kindness, ability to appreate the simplicity of life and feelingn contented with the basic neccessities.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you admire Alphas for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    lol
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are an incorrigible moron.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    Seriousness, ability to live life to the fullest and making every minute counts, inquisitiveness, curiosity, lifelong learning, caringness, willingness to accept people who are different from them, kindness, ability to appreate the simplicity of life and feelingn contented with the basic neccessities.
    So you admire Delta for their NF qualities and you admire Beta for their ST qualities?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric View Post
    So you admire Delta for their NF qualities and you admire Beta for their ST qualities?
    Subtle, but true.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    you are an incorrigible moron.
    This is uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by esper View Post
    I support your self-typing, eunice. I admire Delta for their NF qualities too.

Quote Originally Posted by electric View Post
    Hmmmm, I feel that what I have written about Delta also extends to the STs as well.

As for the Beta description, I feel that the qualities I have admired Beta STs for are my weaknesses to a certain extent and I need to put it quite an amount of effort to acquire them eg. having a sense of urgency, having an active lifestyle and a sense of discipline, strength to overcome all adversities in life and be the best in my speciality etc.

Some of the qualities of Beta NFs are easier for me to understand and acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    haha. I will talk about it anyway.

Alpha types can be very childlike, but they are very astute and complex in terms of their thinking processes, more so than Delta types.

Alpha SFs have the ability to make themselves likeable and they know exactly what people want. They are very pretty and know how to dress up well. They are natural conversationalists and whenever you talk to them, you just feel very warm.

Whenever I have conversations with Alpha NTs, I find that they are always thinking on the spot and knows how to alter the situation to their advantage. They are generally good-looking just that they don't know how to extentuate their good qualities. They seem to have a lot of accomplishments without working too hard for it.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

willingness to accept people who are different from them...
    Uh, all quadras do this but in different ways. I'm not trying to sound like I have a grudge against Gammas here, but the most naturally close-minded quadra would probably be them wouldn't it?

Deltas are great (especially EIIs) at fitting in misfits (let's use being gay as an example ;p) inside the more normalized social sphere, but when it comes down to truly understanding the gritty, raw nature of minorities... Beta does it best. A Delta would encourage you to lose some of your rawness to be more likeable to the majority. They accept you okay, as long as you behave more "white" and socially appropriate to other people. It's actually a form of mild discrimination. I'm not gonna get all upset about this (that's just silly) but it kinda just goes to show you how all systems created to fight something kinda always naturally backfire against themselves in one way or another.

A gay-friendly Delta would go to GLAAD or P-flag, but I could never see one of them going to Act up! for example. If I'm wrong then prove me wrong. Act up is too loud and 'in your face gay' and angry/aggressive for most non-betas to handle. A gay-friendly Beta would have no hang-ups about act up though and aggressively fighting homophobia instead of mediating it or trying to appear nice to heterosexuals. "We want to fit in vs. we want to change the world." This is a function thing as well though.

And I'm with the Beta side, because when real changes were made that's the only thing that did work. The more cutesy and nicer forms of activism could only be created after the fact. I <3 Larry Kramer.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    How are the ones in bold not Delta ST characteristics? And most ISTps and ESTjs I know are also curious and love to explore new things.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    How are the ones in bold not Delta ST characteristics? And most ISTps and ESTjs I know are also curious and love to explore new things.
    How many of those characteristics lead exactly to the elements Te and Si?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Not all of a type's positive qualities are due to its ego elements.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    I am not INFp at all. I will take it as a compliment that you see me as a Beta type though because I admire them for their beauty, humour, intelligence, drive, strength, perserverance, and straightforwardness.
    you do seem delta NF to me and you have seemed delta NF for some time now.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/