Thread: Introverted sensing Si in INTjs and ENTps

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, SL. In retrospect, I see what you're saying now, and you're right, there was a little confusion on my part. So I apologize for going on about it

I still think the word's a little strong!

But now I'm just being nitpicky, lol.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    Thanks, SL. In retrospect, I see what you're saying now, and you're right, there was a little confusion on my part. So I apologize for going on about it

I still think the word's a little strong!

But now I'm just being nitpicky, lol.
    lol no problem, dual seeking is a tough one to get your mind around for sure. but, by compelled i mean that your situation will compel you to do something about it. this, coupled with your values will determine what you do.

like, for me, do i want to keep looking out of place and geeky in my professional role? no, especially since i value Si. do i want to eat mcdonald's for dinner every night? no, so if there is no Si dominant around to cook, i'm going to have to learn to cook myself. now maybe if i didn't value Si, i'd spend money on good food rather than cooking it myself, but since i value Si, i'm going to figure out how to put a good meal on the table.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I see what you're saying now. For instance if I want to go out, I don't want to look like a bum. There are some that might not care and think it's fine to go out in whatever they're already wearing, and others who just change into something nice and get all spiffed up because it comes to them naturally. Instead, I generally have to muddle through it, which is a little frustrating, but I do it because I'm conscious that if I don't, I'll look like a lame-o loser. But if one of my former roomies volunteered to help me with my hair and make-up, then I was totally excited because I knew that they would do a good job, whereas I always second guess myself.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I see what you're saying now. For instance if I want to go out, I don't want to look like a bum. There are some that might not care and think it's fine to go out in whatever they're already wearing, and others who just change into something nice and get all spiffed up because it comes to them naturally. Instead, I generally have to muddle through it, which is a little frustrating, but I do it because I'm conscious that if I don't, I'll look like a lame-o loser. But if one of my former roomies volunteered to help me with my hair and make-up, then I was totally excited because I knew that they would do a good job, whereas I always second guess myself.
    Funny - I don't like when friends offer to do my hair or something (unless they're playing around) because I think I'll probably just want to fix it afterwards. :-)
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a relief for me. I always go clothes shopping with my best friend as well so she can veto my decision when I'm about to do something retarded. We both understand that I prefer a bit of an edgy style most of the time, but she recognizes when I've pushed the box too far
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exactly. and after some years, you will have gotten better at it and will do it yourself more consistently.

but like to do what lokivanguard does automatically? not gonna happen no matter how much practice you get.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often