Thread: Introverted sensing Si in INTjs and ENTps

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I know what the suggestive function is. But to say that you're compelled is implying that you're forcefully driven to something, not out of necessity, but because something has driven you to it, where as with the suggestive people are more likely to try because they see that it's needed and eventually move on because it's too much work. It's just a strong word. If I was compelled to deal with Si I would go make a 3 course meal and see it through to the end, proper place settings and everything. Si compulsion is pretty rare, imo. Your health issues are the perfect example. If you were compelled by Si you would suck it up, ditch the meds, start sleeping and eating properly. But you're not, so Si takes a back bench.

About your health issues, I know exactly what you're going through (minus focusing meds). The way I managed to turn things around was sheer force of will, some old fashioned logical reasoning, and some people kicking my ass. You're falling into a cycle that, the farther in, the harder it gets to kick. I know it's easier said than done, but you really need to tell your Doc about everything that's going on. Stress is a killer, and it's not always mental. The strain you're putting on your body will really come to kick you in the pants soon. Doc's are good at Si, let give you a hand in the right direction. And get better
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    You don't really know how I'm dealing with my problems because I've never told you.

I DO think about my health, but mostly because other people keep telling me about how poor it is. I'm aware, but I don't really see it as well as others do. Perhaps the only reason I'm not compelled to do anything is because it's not really a problem for me.

Sure. I don't sleep much, waking up sucks, but in an hour I'm energized.
    I may not eat much either, but it's because I don't feel hungry. I really am alright in person.
    I don't feel bad at all. There may be a problem, but if there is, it's one that doesn't affect me in any way that I care about.

EDIT: Basically, I fucking would be compelled to do something about my health if I could FEEL the problem. But I don't, so I'm not.
    You may not feel it, but you must be able to see it. Objectively speaking. I mean you would see the problem if someone else were doing the same wouldn't you?

And you've said that it's hard for you to tell what your body needs, so why trust your feelings on this one?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si is fucking effortless, you people need to try more.

Hint: it ain't about cooking meals!
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Si is fucking effortless, you people need to try more.

Hint: it ain't about cooking meals!
    yeah the cooking analogy definitely gets overused when talking about Si. lv, how do you describe it and see it? i mean, like, from one who knows, like you? :-)

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    yeah the cooking analogy definitely gets overused when talking about Si. lv, how do you describe it and see it? i mean, like, from one who knows, like you? :-)
    Why thank you for asking SL!

I see it as a balance, a harmony of your own senses. So that can be expressed in quite a few different ways, it depends more on the why:

In health: having your body fit and healthy usually keeps your mind healthy as well. So, you feel like your body and mind are at harmony, as opposed to , you know, constantly uncomfertable or stressed & sick (stuff I actively try to get away from ALL the time)

In cooking: Can not only crate a harmony of helping your own health, but can create a direct link between a skillset (ie, cooking your own veggies) and that health. A harmony between a picture in your mind (how you think the food is made) and the actions of your hands (how to actually make that damn steak)

Relating to people: I like to just keep good relations with people mostly because stressed feelings tend to stress me out, and like I said stress can effect my body, which can make me feel unhealthy which I'd actively want to stay away from. (See, it's all connected ) A harmoney between my mental state and other's mental state.

I just picked the stuff most people always tend to bring up (health, diet, etc).

It's basically keeping everything in your life that really affects any of your 5 senses in balance (Whatever that means to you). That's the core of Si, to me.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Why thank you for asking SL!

I see it as a balance, a harmony of your own senses. So that can be expressed in quite a few different ways, it depends more on the why:

In health: having your body fit and healthy usually keeps your mind healthy as well. So, you feel like your body and mind are at harmony, as opposed to , you know, constantly uncomfertable or stressed & sick (stuff I actively try to get away from ALL the time)

In cooking: Can not only crate a harmony of helping your own health, but can create a direct link between a skillset (ie, cooking your own veggies) and that health.

Relating to people: I like to just keep good relations with people mostly because stressed feelings tend to stress me out, and like I said stress can effect my body, which can make me feel unhealthy which I'd actively want to stay away from. (See, it's all connected )

I just picked the stuff most people always tend to bring up (health, diet, etc).

It's basically keeping everything in your life that you care about in harmony, balance (Whatever that means to you). That's the core of Si, to me.
    man you are so right about this. i get stressed out very easily. and out of balance. i can "do" Si type of things like cook, and exercise, and try to keep things on an even keel in my relationships, but i can't do them all at once or keep a balance between them. like right now my garden looks great but i haven't exercised in 2 years. my wardrobe needs work but my fridge is full of healthy foods. i'm inherently an excessive, addictive person who over does or under does everything. LOL!!!

i'm a little humbled i think by your post since i've been thinking i'm better at Si than i really am. it's more like i try but can't keep it all together like an Si dominant can.

ILE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    man you are so right about this. i get stressed out very easily. and out of balance. i can "do" Si type of things like cook, and exercise, and try to keep things on an even keel in my relationships, but i can't do them all at once or keep a balance between them. like right now my garden looks great but i haven't exercised in 2 years. my wardrobe needs work but my fridge is full of healthy foods. i'm inherently an excessive, addictive person who over does or under does everything. LOL!!!

i'm a little humbled i think by your post since i've been thinking i'm better at Si than i really am. it's more like i try but can't keep it all together like an Si dominant can.
    Heh no worries, trust me, no matter how much I 'practice' Ne, I can never EVER be a natural. My brain just doesn't go that way. Can't see the forest behind the trees, you know?
    And yeah, I usually 'sense' when I've been neglecting excercise, or when I need a break from it, or when I haven't developed my cooking skills in some time, or when I have indulged in too many cookies. I kinda just 'sense' it in a way I suppose since i'm always so plugged inside my own self.

But that creates limits as I see it. Like I cannot spot trends at all. AT ALL. I'm so bad at pattern recognition. I totally suck at knowing all of my options. Basically anything external that you can't really 'sense' with just ONE your 5 senses, I suck at.

At least, that's how I kinda see Ne.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@lv: well i guess that's what your dual is for huh? well Ne seems as effortless to me as Si is to you; it's kinda just there, kinda i just perceive things that way. you've actually helped me to understand this a lot better. thanks!

ILE