View Poll Results: Do yourself and others consider you as physically attractive ? (HONESTLY)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • I consider myself as physically attractive.

12 60.00%
  • Others consider me as physically attractive.

15 75.00%
  • Neither I and others consider me physically attractive.

8 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Do yourself and others consider you as physically attractive ?

Hybrid View

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    even to you poo bear.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...a sickness of the mind... for you see, Jimmy didn't know that Mike... was a homosexual.

FUCKING LOL

(BTW, in the very begining of the movie, they drive past a place that still exists near where my parents live, but now there's a highrise bank and a little plaza there instead of JUST houses. And the place that's called "fish - shrimp - " etc still exists) Weird.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's such a cut and dry thing. I mean I can be physically attracted to someone who I would say is objectively pretty plain. And I'm not talking about getting to know someone better and gradually thinking they're better looking than they are. I mean immediate physical attraction. I think it's more about what sort of energy the person is producing and whether you are attracted or repulsed by it.

Within reason though.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I don't think it's such a cut and dry thing. I mean I can be physically attracted to someone who I would say is objectively pretty plain. And I'm not talking about getting to know someone better and gradually thinking they're better looking than they are. I mean immediate physical attraction. I think it's more about what sort of energy the person is producing and whether you are attracted or repulsed by it.

Within reason though.
    exactly...

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Within reason though.
    I think that machintruc meant something that cuts all of that out. Maybe the definition changes over time, but i think one thing that scientists have figured out is that there is a correlation between symmetry and attractiveness in the human face. There's also something like a beautiful face set of proportions, one of which faces fits it is Elizabeth Hurley. Of course you're right that being attracted to someone is highly subjective, in that it will vary from person to person. But I would think that if youre heterosexual you would find some things to be objectively a requirement, like the opposite sex organ you have?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    I think that machintruc meant something that cuts all of that out. Maybe the definition changes over time, but i think one thing that scientists have figured out is that there is a correlation between symmetry and attractiveness in the human face. There's also something like a beautiful face set of proportions, one of which faces fits it is Elizabeth Hurley. Of course you're right that being attracted to someone is highly subjective, in that it will vary from person to person.
    Yeah, but he didn't ask whether you were actually physically attractive - just whether you and other people have found yourself to be attractive. So that suggested to me that he was after subjective opinions on your attractiveness rather than the actual truth. But maybe I'm being overly pedantic.
    But I would think that if youre heterosexual you would find some things to be objectively a requirement, like the opposite sex organ you have?
    Haha. Yeah - hence the 'within reason'.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but he didn't ask whether you were actually physically attractive - just whether you and other people have found yourself to be attractive. So that suggested to me that he was after subjective opinions on your attractiveness rather than the actual truth. But maybe I'm being overly pedantic.
    Haha. Yeah - hence the 'within reason'.
    yeah.. but to me the "physically" part of his question made it seem more to the objective (many people agree) interpretation.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah.. but to me the "physically" part of his question made it seem more to the objective (many people agree) interpretation.
    I think deciding on what is physically attractive is just as subjective as deciding on what is attractive personality-wise. Providing they're healthy and in good shape, I think you could find 16 random people of different physical types and everyone would disagree over who was the most attractive. A lot of the celebrities aren't really that stunning - but they take care of themselves so they look the best that they can look. I think most of the people we encounter every day would look just as attractive as most celebrities if they put a bit of effort into taking care of themselves.

But I'm thinking of people's potential to be attractive - maybe that doesn't count. :-)

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    ...a sickness of the mind... for you see, Jimmy didn't know that Mike... was a homosexual.

FUCKING LOL

(BTW, in the very begining of the movie, they drive past a place that still exists near where my parents live, but now there's a highrise bank and a little plaza there instead of JUST houses. And the place that's called "fish - shrimp - " etc still exists) Weird.
    Is that Inglewood? my little brother lived there when he was going to OTIS.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that's the very beginning of Inglewood.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie
    He only laughs at me when I'm completely serious.
    I really do find myself attractive only at certain times.So stop laughing, asshole.
    That doesn't make sense. Attractiveness is, for the most part, a static quality. Out of curiosity, at what times do/don't you think you're attractive?

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    That doesn't make sense. Attractiveness is, for the most part, a static quality. Out of curiosity, at what times do/don't you think you're attractive?
    I dunno.

Some days I can look in the mirror and find myself attractive.

Other days I think, wow, you need some sleep. I'm not going to find myself attractive all the time. Even extremely good-looking people can look completely unappealing at times.
    Surely you've noticed that.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows