View Poll Results: Do yourself and others consider you as physically attractive ? (HONESTLY)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • I consider myself as physically attractive.

12 60.00%
  • Others consider me as physically attractive.

15 75.00%
  • Neither I and others consider me physically attractive.

8 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do yourself and others consider you as physically attractive ?

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    That doesn't make sense. Attractiveness is, for the most part, a static quality. Out of curiosity, at what times do/don't you think you're attractive?
    I dunno.

Some days I can look in the mirror and find myself attractive.

Other days I think, wow, you need some sleep. I'm not going to find myself attractive all the time. Even extremely good-looking people can look completely unappealing at times.
    Surely you've noticed that.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Suomea; 09-27-2008 at 04:39 PM.
    Suomea

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie
    I dunno.

Some days I can look in the mirror and find myself attractive.

Other days I think, wow, you need some sleep. I'm not going to find myself attractive all the time. Even extremely good-looking people can look completely unappealing at times.
    Surely you've noticed that.
    Just because you have bed-head one day doesn't mean you're not attractive lol. It's something inherent from birth. Sure, transient physical things like acne or a bad hair day can keep it from coming out completely, but it's always there.

As for good-looking people being unappealing, that probably comes down to personal preference and stuff that is below the surface, i.e., a hot but shallow and stupid girl isn't that appealing (except in one way lol).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just because you have bed-head one day doesn't mean you're not attractive lol. It's something inherent from birth. Sure, transient physical things like acne or a bad hair day can keep it from coming out completely, but it's always there.

As for good-looking people being unappealing, that probably comes down to personal preference and stuff that is below the surface, i.e., a hot but shallow and stupid girl isn't that appealing (except in one way lol).
    Some girls have fat days... other's have ugly days..

I think it's really just a girl thing, but hey they're entitled to it.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, you're wrong. There's no way I'm attractive every day.
    But if you want to keep thinking that, I don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Some girls have fat days... other's have ugly days..

I think it's really just a girl thing, but hey they're entitled to it.
    Yep
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I think deciding on what is physically attractive is just as subjective as deciding on what is attractive personality-wise. Providing they're healthy and in good shape, I think you could find 16 random people of different physical types and everyone would disagree over who was the most attractive. A lot of the celebrities aren't really that stunning - but they take care of themselves so they look the best that they can look. I think most of the people we encounter every day would look just as attractive as most celebrities if they put a bit of effort into taking care of themselves.

But I'm thinking of people's potential to be attractive - maybe that doesn't count. :-)
    i think placing emphasis on physical gave a clue that machintruc meant to minimize subjective factors, since it is less likely to misinterpret physical data. this is my opinion. We aren't talking about being most attractive either, and you're admitting that they have to be in good shape and healthy, which are objective (have to be uniform).

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seconded on LokiV's statement.

There's a lot of pressure for women to look a certain way, and no matter how self-confident you are, there will always be days when you wake up and feel a little down while being bombarded by images of stunning women with gorgeous bodies.

Personally, I always find it easier to see the beauty in other people than the beauty in myself. I rarely see a person who I think of as unattractive, and those people are usually ones who have neglected themselves so long that it's more self-inflicted than anything else. I say that I'm attractive because I know that there are days where I feel beautiful. Am I stunning? No. Are there days where I look in the mirror and wonder what it is that I thought was attractive about me? For sure.

Also, I think the people who are arrogant about their appearance and come off as snobby are usually the ones who are the most insecure. Never forget that.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Creepy-bg

I'm a 12

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    I'm a 12

It's true.