Thread: Blunt, Aggressive SLEs and Calm, Cool, Calculating ESTps

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune View Post
    I'm coming to the conclusion that we may have a couple of SLEs in our theatre company at present. Well, one for sure at least. That calm "chillness" really baffles me. I just can't read them at all. Very little reactivity that I can utilize. And I guess they're more the SLE-Ti type...?
    The thing is, I don't see "chilledness" in any SLE description - even in the subtype descriptions - nor in the SLE celebrities typed on Rick's site (right or wrong). A distinction between "chilled" and "calm" has to be made; they are not the same thing. I see chilled as a kind of unfocused attitude towards life; chilled people are calm, but calm people aren't necessarily chilled. For example, what about an externally calm person who is burning with rage inside? Or someone who has a calm, methodical, systematic way of single-handedly executing twenty people? Both people are hardly chilled.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    A distinction between "chilled" and "calm" has to be made; they are not the same thing. I see chilled as a kind of unfocused attitude towards life; chilled people are calm, but calm people aren't necessarily chilled. For example, what about an externally calm person who is burning with rage inside? Or someone who has a calm, methodical, systematic way of single-handedly executing twenty people? Both people are hardly chilled.
    I'm using "chillness" in the sense of cool demeanor here. In terms of a temperature metaphor... not warm nor hot, but a bit on the chilly side. I just can't sense any real receptiveness when I *ping* them with a shot over the bow.

Calm certainly can indicate hidden malevolence. I also tend to sometimes interpret remoteness as withholding evidence. A frustration tactic.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.